NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah, yep, i can see it in the last pic.
crap.
how hard is it to get a figure to bend over, or stand straight up without the legs looking stupid?

ball-joints, people.

Well, as an owner of the NECA 8" AVPR Alien, the swivel is more aestheticly pleasing for this ALIEN and will be sturdier. The balljointed legs are one of the low points of the AVPR Alien.

Well, as an owner of the NECA 8" AVPR Alien, the swivel is more aestheticly pleasing for this ALIEN and will be sturdier. The balljointed legs are one of the low points of the AVPR Alien.

I agree.

I think this version will have plenty of posing options and still look great doing it.

Thing too, and I think even NECA recognizes it, people are getting the AVPR as a toy, where the ALIEN is going to be a treasured collectible so the overall aesthetic should be as nice a representation within the articulated figure world as it can be while still having articulation and my vibe from the NECA ALIEN is that it will be just that.

Re: NECA's 18" ALIEN

i can say as an owner of several medicom/sideshow figures that the rubber skin perfectly hides articulation and adds sturdiness to weight-bearing hip balljoints.
it's more a matter of cost, and i think neca wants to stay at the lower end for their market.
________
Ford N Series Tractors

Last edited:
i can say as an owner of several medicom/sideshow figures that the rubber skin perfectly hides articulation and adds sturdiness to weight-bearing hip balljoints.
it's more a matter of cost, and i think neca wants to stay at the lower end for their market.

I'm aware rubber hides it, I was just saying that in NECA's style, it's an ugly element and I don't see them incorporating rubber to hide joints so therefore it's clean swivels or ugly ball joints and for the ALIEN, clean is the way to go.

is it may yet?.................dammit come on...........i want this thing badly !!!!!!

I thought I can wait but yep I am craving this figure everyday. I hope NECA will have the "thing" of beauty available for shipment in May too. :monkey5:

And I am all for articulation! :wacky:joy

I think NECA did the best possible job in terms of articulation without stepping out of the boundaries of the regular "action figure".
And the sculpt and accuracy are second to none.
Now, if only they made it in 1/6 scale as well...

Anyway, I want both figures in my hands now!
I'm actually getting irritable waiting for these. I'm fed up with waiting!

I think NECA did the best possible job in terms of articulation without stepping out of the boundaries of the regular "action figure".
And the sculpt and accuracy are second to none.
Now, if only they made it in 1/6 scale as well...

Anyway, I want both figures in my hands now!
I'm actually getting irritable waiting for these. I'm fed up with waiting!

Aren't we all?

I think the POA's are all great. I too, also wish it was in 1/6 scale, then I could have a collection of 1/6 scale non HT stuff going.

Where's the best place to pre-order the larger Alien? I haven't preordered it yet, was too busy pre-occupied with ordering Kane and Dallas.

:D

Where's the best place to pre-order the larger Alien? I haven't preordered it yet, was too busy pre-occupied with ordering Kane and Dallas.

:D

Depending on what's in your region, you could save some shipping cash and bypass online ordering. This thing will pop up in places like Spencer's Gifts, local comic shops, maybe even Hot Topic, I'd try places like that if they're an option before hitting online stores.

Thanks, appreciate it. Probably be an online order I reckon. I've never owned anything NECA before so wasn't sure how difficult it'll be to obtain, compared with the Hot Toys stuff.

Cheers :D

Amazingtoyz and cornerstore comics are the same store, basically, and I've had fine experiences with both. BBTS had it for $39.99 when I ordered it, but they've raised it to $41.99.

I don't see much of an advantage to waiting to get it in a store, since the online stores discount and don't charge tax (in most cases) so the amount you pay in shipping is mostly offset. And in my case, there just aren't very many stores in the area that carry these kinds of things, so it's a bit of a crapshoot as to whether you can find one or not.

From CTR's NYCC coverage.

IMG_7667.JPG

IMG_7662.JPG

Back