NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cornerstore's great and the cheapest I've found yet.
Ordered the 21" and two 9" figures there.
I also got my AvP-R stuff from them.

Thanks for the great pics. Abake ...it looks amazing.
I hope the final paint-up will be good. I most likely going to pose and glue it. Will have to see about the painting.
The sculpting and exactness looks dead on …great work.

:D

Guys, I'm just spreading the love... thanks to Kyle and NECA for letting me go over there and take the pics, and for making such a beautifully accurate figure in the first place!

Guys, I'm just spreading the love... thanks to Kyle and NECA for letting me go over there and take the pics, and for making such a beautifully accurate figure in the first place!

I couldn't agree more (ya lucky bastich :D).

NECA has the Alien figure to beat this year. I haven't been this excited about an Alien fig in a LONG time. :chew:chew

I couldn't agree more (ya lucky bastich :D).

NECA has the Alien figure to beat this year. I haven't been this excited about an Alien fig in a LONG time. :chew:chew

Yup, as nice as the Medicom RAH ALIEN looks, it doesn't quite have that "off the screen" feel that this one does, you really feel like you're looking at the movie with this creature.

I'm on the fence about the 21" version, I already have 2 18" NECA figures and part of me looks back on them like why'd I buy those, but when i see this in person I'll be better able to judge. Definitely getting the 9" though, and with the many others hoping to see a 12"-1/6 scale version.

which 18" neca figs do you have Sean?

Hannibal Lecter and Rob Zombie's Michael Myers. They're great looking because there's much more detail with sculpt and paint than the 8" versions, and having Hannibal feature dialogue of Hopkins from the film and not a voice actor is great. My problem with the scale is how I display at the moment. I have few places to put up stuff, so my collection is on a rotating system, they'll come back out for Halloween time, but for storage, 18" figures can be a pain and when this Alien has to be put away for a time, that'll be even harder with the size and shape of it because Hannibal and Myers are thin figures so it's more their height that is a problem. Then the other part of me thinks having this figure in 21" scale in a future display would look fantastic so when I see it, I'll decide do I put up with inconvenience now for what it brings to my collection later.

Some new pics.

DSC_9989.jpg

DSC_9990.jpg

DSCN6933.jpg

DSCN6931.jpg

Re: NECA's 18" ALIEN

the sculpt/paint looks spot on, but i'm not seeing much articulation.

may have to go with the medicom version...

then again, an 18" version is probably more to scale with my other 1/6 figures.

choices...
________
Ford Fordor Picture

Last edited:
It has lots of articulation, trust me.
Just go back a few pages and there's a couple of pics of the test shots. I actually think this one might pose a little better than the Medi-Alien. The rubber suit will probably be hell on articulation.
Sadly, none of them will be in scale. Unless NECA decide to release it in 1/6 scale, which isn't very high on their priority list, or Medicom surprise the heck out of us and make a 14" figure, which I find highly unlikely.

applause people of neca !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! better every day , as i write on other ocassions these sides can hardly buy figures of hot toys or medicom, therebefore, the product that offers neca ( quallity, price ) is exellent !!!!!!!
well done . for me this is a big consolation, these figures enrich any collection !!!!!!!!!. this alien 18" is ........................ahhhhhhhhh , that good work neca, undoubtedly i buy it , and i wait the predator !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Just noticed that by moving my files I deleted the links...

Here's a couple of the pics again.

Standing next to the NECA 18" Robocop:

DSC00876.jpg

Closer look at the 21" test shot:

DSC00897.jpg

Another angle:

DSC00896.jpg

9" test shot getting ready to have some quality time with Parker:

lxlTtwqNFxqvggNNDjrv-uXVOxOzyiw6030.jpg

9" test shot doing the "Jesus on a cross descending upon Brett" thing:

DQMYKHI7wiN8X0t0C6vXqpGbfXAFkA6f030.jpg

The 21" and 9" figures will have the exact same articulation and both come with opening jaws and extendable tongue.

So basically, NECA Alien = :rock2
Alien fans :bow to NECA

It has lots of articulation, trust me.
Just go back a few pages and there's a couple of pics of the test shots. I actually think this one might pose a little better than the Medi-Alien. The rubber suit will probably be hell on articulation.
"THIS IMAGE OR VIDEO HAS BEEN MOVED OR DELETED. photobucket"
:(
edit: ah, he fixed it.

also, cut joints? i thought only mcfarlane was that bush league.
medicom definitely knows how to hide articulation, though.
and i've never had any issues with the rubber suits.
so, we'll see.:/
________
SILVERSURFER REVIEWS

Last edited:
"THIS IMAGE OR VIDEO HAS BEEN MOVED OR DELETED. photobucket"
:(
edit: ah, he fixed it.

also, cut joints? i thought only mcfarlane was that bush league.
medicom definitely knows how to hide articulation, though.
and i've never had any issues with the rubber suits.
so, we'll see.:/

Well, if you notice...the cut joints on the NECA are EXTREMELY well hidden.

They don't cut across the leg and arm piping like the McFarlane's did. They're hidden just above the knee and right below the shoulder. If you didn't know they were there, you'd probably miss them.

Great job NECA!!

Well, if you notice...the cut joints on the NECA are EXTREMELY well hidden.
yeah, i didn't notice that until after he re-posted those pics.

it looks like from the pics that the hip joints are actually ball-jointed and covered with rubber skin.

if that's the case, this is a definite buy, and medicom can eat a d**k for their $130 non-scale figure.
________
Hawaii marijuana dispensaries

Last edited:

Do you mean where the legs meet the hip cuz that look like a cut swivel joint to me.
ah, yep, i can see it in the last pic.
crap.
how hard is it to get a figure to bend over, or stand straight up without the legs looking stupid?

ball-joints, people.
________
Volcano review

Last edited:
Back