NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see it but at least it's parallel to the tubing and not going through a perpendicular line that really makes it stand out. Plus it's the 18" scale figure, things are going to be more apparent on it close up. The 8" is going to really hide well I'm sure.

It really does look great, and HUGE! Although you can see the cut wrist in that first shot, which I'm not crazy about.

I've ordered both sizes now.

Well, atleast it's not like McToys' version where the cuts went through the biomechnical tubing on the legs. I hate it when toys have that done.

Yes, they hid it about as well as can be expected, I guess. I have the Aoshima 1/12 scale alien from Aliens and the lower half of that figure is a total mess in terms of how they added the articulation.

The only way to not show articulation is to do what Hot Toys does and that's outside of what anyone in the action figure market is going to do because they can't stay in the lower price range.

However, with a little care and willingness to sacrifice some articulation, you can be clever about it, as NECA's shown.

Yeah, if NECA went the Hot Toys way, the Alien would probably be int the $60 range.

No way, it'd be in the $100 range easily. It's already a retail of $45 roughly. Hot Toys are well worth the $120 retail price tag, but I don't see anything coming close to them in design not costing about the same.

No man I was talking about the 7" ALIEN not the 21" one. The 21" one would be almost the same if not more than the Hot Toys Predalien($180.00). I didn't even know that this thread was only for the big alien, I thought it was for them both, my bad. Sorry for the confusement.

No man I was talking about the 7" ALIEN not the 21" one. The 21" one would be almost the same if not more than the Hot Toys Predalien($180.00). I didn't even know that this thread was only for the big alien, I thought it was for them both, my bad. Sorry for the confusement.

Well some discussion has gone on about both. I think the 18" even from NECA's side is getting more attention than the 8". Me, the more I think of it, the more I'm probably just getting the 8", the few 18" NECA's I have take up a lot of space and they're nowhere near this ALIEN, if it weren't so big I'd be all over it for the price but right now I don't see working it in. Course seeing it in person will likely change my mind haha.

Depending on what's in your region, you could save some shipping cash and bypass online ordering. This thing will pop up in places like Spencer's Gifts, local comic shops, maybe even Hot Topic, I'd try places like that if they're an option before hitting online stores.

I didn't realize that Hot Topics carries figures. I am going to go w/Newbury comics because I have a gift card. And the folks there are nice. I just need a pic of the actual box to show the employee incase they know the release date..:D

I've ordered the 21" and two of the 9" versions.

I'll probably end up getting another 21" version and keep him minty fresh in his box.

All the rest are getting opened. :D

I LOVE Neca's Alien. I'm REALLY hoping the put out some of the other figs in 18" versions.

I've ordered the 21" and two of the 9" versions.

I'll probably end up getting another 21" version and keep him minty fresh in his box.

All the rest are getting opened. :D

I LOVE Neca's Alien. I'm REALLY hoping the put out some of the other figs in 18" versions.

Sabres21768, I might do the same. I keep my figs MIB. But in the case for NECA's Alien. 2 please! I am going to sell my HT Aliens warrior. And use the $$ for the 2nd 21/9" Alien(s). I really can't afford the medicom. And I will save, save for HT giger's alien. I picked up the Aliens warrior in hast...my wallet was burning threw my pocket...:banghead:duh

Well some discussion has gone on about both. I think the 18" even from NECA's side is getting more attention than the 8". Me, the more I think of it, the more I'm probably just getting the 8", the few 18" NECA's I have take up a lot of space and they're nowhere near this ALIEN, if it weren't so big I'd be all over it for the price but right now I don't see working it in. Course seeing it in person will likely change my mind haha.

I'll probably get the big one too, once I see someone post pics of it.

I didn't realize that Hot Topics carries figures. I am going to go w/Newbury comics because I have a gift card. And the folks there are nice. I just need a pic of the actual box to show the employee incase they know the release date..:D

Newbury is great actually, usually on top of the NECA stuff I've been buying all of mine from them except a few cases where they didn't have stuff and then I went to Spencer's Gifts. Hot Toys carries some NECA, mostly the 8" stuff and not all their lines, but always worth a look if you're near one.

More than other figures in 18" scale, I want to see the other Alien designs visited, especially ALIENS and some Colonial Marines could be cool too. One thing I absolutely hate about McFarlane was the ^^^^^ slap they gave collectors with their ALIENS figures; I don't mind that they recycled much of the ALIEN because it's the same design just about, but the body parts for the ALIENS elements didn't match up, it was one of the most poorly designed figures I've ever owned, if I wasn't such a fan of the ALIENS domeless look I wouldn't have even picked it up.

21" is standing upright.
Anyway, I think this is one of those pieces that will become the stuff of legend as time goes by. Personally, I think it's better sculpted than the Cinemaquette and it has articulation to boot.
If this one sells well (as I'm sure it will) we may get a 1/6 scale version as well.
I already ordered the 21" and 2 of the 9" figures, and I'm seriously considering getting a second 21", just because.
This figure is that cool.

21" is standing upright.
Anyway, I think this is one of those pieces that will become the stuff of legend as time goes by. Personally, I think it's better sculpted than the Cinemaquette and it has articulation to boot.
If this one sells well (as I'm sure it will) we may get a 1/6 scale version as well.
I already ordered the 21" and 2 of the 9" figures, and I'm seriously considering getting a second 21", just because.
This figure is that cool.

the wait is killing me though!!!!!

we may get a 1/6 scale version as well

Does HT have exclusive rights to 1/6 though? Given the license I would think 1/6 would already be planned if they were ever going to offer one, they did it with AWE Jack Sparrow and I would think ALIEN will sell better than Pirates.

Back