NECA's 18" ALIEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that bad?!

Yeah, it actually is...
They're still nice figures, some less durable than others, but still interesting interpretations.
Overall, the most accurate sculpts have been NECA's Unfortunately, they've only done AvP-R, Alien and Aliens, we still need Tankman to sculpt A3, A:R and AvP aliens. And the Queen, of course...
Tsukuda also has done a few cool sculpts, but they're pretty soft in the detail department and the paint apps are very weak.

Yeah, it actually is...
They're still nice figures, some less durable than others, but still interesting interpretations.
Overall, the most accurate sculpts have been NECA's Unfortunately, they've only done AvP-R, Alien and Aliens, we still need Tankman to sculpt A3, A:R and AvP aliens. And the Queen, of course...
Tsukuda also has done a few cool sculpts, but they're pretty soft in the detail department and the paint apps are very weak.
i'd say the McFarlane toys are more than good enough for AVP. it would be a waste of plastic and NECA's sculpting prowess. and they've said as much, no interest in AVP.

i'd say the McFarlane toys are more than good enough for AVP. it would be a waste of plastic and NECA's sculpting prowess. and they've said as much, no interest in AVP.

In hindsight they'd likely say the same about AVP:R had they not already made figures from that film.

my guess is the AVPR license was just a way for NECA to get their foot in the franchise door at FOX. you know their sculptors were practically foaming at the mouth to finally get a crack at the original Alien/Predator creatures and their AVPR figures just proved they could do it.

my guess is the AVPR license was just a way for NECA to get their foot in the franchise door at FOX. you know their sculptors were practically foaming at the mouth to finally get a crack at the original Alien/Predator creatures and their AVPR figures just proved they could do it.
That's what i've always thought too.. I do wish they would make the AvP creatures, though.

Would they sell? Anyone reckon? The McFarlane AvP1 figures are pretty dated, bizarre proportions, crappy cut joints, crappy dreads (not as bad as their P2s but still bad).

Yeah, I don't think they would be as popular as the "Predator", "Predator 2" and "Predators" figures, but the designs are cool enough. (hell, the sales of the Celtic figure would justify making them)

And the parts re-use between all of the AvP Preds would be pretty high, so it would be like Berserker, Falconer and Tracker all over again. Basically the same main body and different parts to make each character.

well nobody is saying McFarlane figures can't be improved on. i'm just saying what's the point. even if they're the most accurate figures ever, it's still AVP. and it's all academic anyway since NECA doesn't care to make them and that seems to be the end of the story.

well nobody is saying McFarlane figures can't be improved on. i'm just saying what's the point. even if they're the most accurate figures ever, it's still AVP. and it's all academic anyway since NECA doesn't care to make them and that seems to be the end of the story.

For now...

Until they run out of license material.

Then they'll be rethinking their stance on "No AvP figures".

Whether NECA likes them or not, the fans like them and they'd sell.

Man, I first saw this thing at a local hobby shop a couple years ago, completely forgot about it since. Seeing the pictures others have posted makes me want to pick one up now, especially with the Pred coming soon.

Would they sell? Anyone reckon? The McFarlane AvP1 figures are pretty dated, bizarre proportions, crappy cut joints, crappy dreads (not as bad as their P2s but still bad).

They would sell...

I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that the film and figures were out 7 years ago...:thud:

I'd love a 1/4 Celtic Predator though.:D

For now...

Until they run out of license material.

Then they'll be rethinking their stance on "No AvP figures".

Whether NECA likes them or not, the fans like them and they'd sell.
i'd buy human characters from the original movies before i'd get anything from AVP. but i don't think they're gonna run out of license material any time soon. P2 clan alone won't be finished until well into next year. and there are still 2 more Alien movies they haven't touched yet with a 3rd on the way. we'll probably get a Predators sequel at some point too. i'd say AVP is at the bottom of that list.

Back