New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys playing you like fools ,like fly trap.
The more predators from hot toys the less there value.
before i would bought avp predator for $300 or more but now i would,t buy sh.t from them ,but maybe the new 1/4 predator
anyway the more they milk this the less there value .
Hot toys should keep the price down at least .

What you've said is technically true but as others have said and will say - you shouldn't be collecting these for their value. I'm sure theres many things of value that I could spend my money on that I have no genuine interest in and wouldn't get any enjoyment from.

i don't collect for value or investment,
i collect characters from movies that left an impression on me.
like predators,terminators, aliens, impress me.
so any updated, better figure, statue, model kit, made i want it.

There's still technically money to be made, if you absolutely have to think of it that way to justify a purchase. Sure, the older figures will become worthless, but the new ones will eventually get to where their predecessors were (price-wise).

Here here!

I for one am growing increasingly angry at some of the comments I see whenever Hot Toys post a new figure or update.

I have the last P2 and P1 ones. I think it's great we are getting better versions!

Being one of the guys like many others that started with stuff from the likes of Mcfarlane the value of my stuff has always been secondary. It's always great to know if needed I could resell some of my stuff , sometimes even for profit but I'd still be in this hobby 100% if that wasn't possible.
There is something lost though with any type of collectible when it seems it will never be worth any more at all as soon as it's released or could even be worth less in a few months time.
That's usually completely to do with the collectible in question though , I don't think hot toys are at the point yet where their stuff wont be worth money on the secondary market.

The reason they're making more predators is because they sell so well. As for remaking these older ones, if you own something worth a lot of money on the secondary market and the original manufacturer has no reason not to make more , why wouldn't they ?. You might say , to respect the fans but like it's been said before many times hot toys might listen now and then but at the end of the day they want one thing. Money.

Hot toys seems to only be growing , for every hardcore fan of the predators line they loose because they're re releasing older figures again they'll most likely gain 5 more iron man fans.

When I spend EUR200-EUR300 on a collectable, I like to believe that when I look at them that there is some value in them. Not that I want to sell my collectables for more money but say suddenly I need money and all I have is my collectables, I need to sell them. Then I hope that they are worth something than nothing for after all I spent a lot of money on them.
Hot Toys are milking the figures, the value is not going down Eur10/ 20 but its going down Eur100s. Or nobody wants to buy them. Its not just Hot Toys that's doing this but there's other ones.
In futures I won't spend more money on a figure which has chances of being redone in the following years which is usually Hot Toys' best figures out there, from where they have made their money so they can milk it for more money.

Well , sadly any figure that sells well I'd expect will always have the chance of being remade. Honestly though I think it has been a long while since we've seen a P2 figure , even longer AVP.
I think it's about time for an update. Aliens needs it the most imo , go back and look at the marines headsculpts and then look at some of hot toys recent work. Regardless of their value hot toys can do much much better now and they'll know it. I hope the Prometheus line does well , might give them a bit more push. I'll be backing it 100% if they're not all made of some type of rubber that'll fall apart within a year.

When buying a figure it should be firstly whether you like the figure or not. Own it for afew years and then look at what options are new on the market. Then think about resale value if you feel the need to let go for something new or need the money.

With that logic, a 1/4 scale T-800 should be around the corner. For 3 reasons:

1. The T2 T-800 was a huge seller.
2. The new Dutch body can be used.
3. To ____ with Enterbay.

I'm almost fully expecting that now. No way they'll ignore Terminator. I have a bit of restored faith that they'll continue the 1/6 line aswell.

T1 is criminally ignored in this arena. Maybe they were waiting til 2012 all along. Arnie sells. I wish they would be more open with us and just say yeah new Terminator soon. If they had made an announcement with pics of the T-800 and various Aliens similar to the Pred announcement it would really be amazing.

So, when do we get the Moto-Terminators? I know that most won't be interested in it but there's something with bikes that makes me go weak!! :thud:

And does this mean they'll do Iron Man in 1/4th too?

Cheers,
Neo.

Given the inaccuracies or Berserker and Classic, don't be too shocked if it does happen.

I have the classic and don't care about innacuracies, IT'S AN AWESOME LOOKING FIGURE :yess:

Same here, but there is a limit.

Seems the whole 1/4 scale thing is just to kill EB, without any thought of if their customers will go for them

1/6 OR FAIL :lecture

Last edited:
When I spend EUR200-EUR300 on a collectable, I like to believe that when I look at them that there is some value in them. Not that I want to sell my collectables for more money but say suddenly I need money and all I have is my collectables, I need to sell them. Then I hope that they are worth something than nothing for after all I spent a lot of money on them. .

Exactly. l dont collect to make money in though end. Though l have when l decided to sell a figure and the price and demand went up since l bought the item. If l am spending $200-$400 on a figure they had still better be worth at least 80% of what l paid down the line so l can get most of my money back to buy something else or if l need money for other stuff.

Most members say they don't care about what their stuff is worth down the line, but l can tell you they would all be pissed off if they spent $250 on a figure and wanted to sell it a couple years later and the figure was only worth $50. So value does matter in the end.

I like to think as my collection as assets, if l need money l can sell them and get most of my money back. That is reassuring.

Back