New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really surprised that P2 seems to be the most sought after predator. Wasn't the movie a bomb? I tried watching it a couple times and couldn't get into it.

I'll probably get this anyway. :)

I'm really surprised that P2 seems to be the most sought after predator. Wasn't the movie a bomb? I tried watching it a couple times and couldn't get into it.

I'll probably get this anyway. :)

Nor does Predator 2

727_3.jpg

:FREAK:

Blasphemy!!

Haha! No. The character model may be awesome, but the film was received horribly. Even I, a Predator fan, didn't enjoy it.

The film received mostly negative reviews, though reviewers were generally impressed by the casting of Danny Glover as an action hero. The reviewers for the Washington Post were split: Rita Kempley enjoyed the movie, noting she felt that it had "dismal irony of RoboCop and the brooding fatalism of Blade Runner", and felt Glover "brings an unusual depth to the action adventure and proves fiercely effective as the Predator's new nemesis."[4] Meanwhile, Desson Howe felt the film was "blithely unoriginal" and numbingly violent, but also praised Glover's ability to bring warmth to the center of a cold movie.[5] In her review for The New York Times, Janet Maslin called the film "an unbeatable contender" for the "most mindless, mean-spirited action film of the holiday season."[6] Chicago Sun-Times critic Roger Ebert, in giving the film two out of four stars, suggested that it represents an "angry and ugly" dream; he also felt that the creatures' design had racist undertones where "subliminal clues [...] encourage us to subconsciously connect the menace with black males."[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_2#Reception

I don't care how many people put me on ignore for stating facts (or what some may call "opinions"). I'd rather not talk to those types anyway. :lol

I've loved Predator 2 since the first time I watched it..the predator design is also my favorite of all the movies.

Never understood the hate for it, it seemed like a really nice sequel to Predator...and there are some really epic moments in it.

I've loved Predator 2 since the first time I watched it..the predator design is also my favorite of all the movies.

Never understood the hate for it, it seemed like a really nice sequel to Predator...and there are some really epic moments in it.
Same here.

The City Hunter's stance and overall appearance looked more aggressive along with more weaponry and new technology.

But Predator 1 will always have one of the top spots for being best Predator.

Back