New Hot Toys Predator2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe HT will include something similar in their new P2?

I'm actually hoping for accessories galore.

For one of their most successful/popular franchises, the predator has not seen a DX treatment. I think it's about time and P2 would be an excellent choice to do so because he can be packaged with sooo many parts.

I mean, really... does DX only mean PERS?
I'd gladly sacrifice PERS for more accessories/weapons/sculpts.

I think the PERS would be an awesome addition to any predator especially the p2 elder, and seeing as HT first attempt at a P2 elder was so well recieved the PERS treatment would be a good way to set them apart from one another.

Really? Wasn't P1 the only Pred with really expressive eyes? DXed, the P1 would be freaky good.

Elaborate base and swap out clean and battle damaged armor with Predator blood dripping off it.
Nice mask with movie accurate weathering, and a detachable shoulder cannon/backpack with pull out Med kit.
Then come with open and closed mandibles, plus semi open and pissed off/twitching sets.
And finally top it all off with accurate height and headsculpt.

Wishful thinking, I know. :(

Same here.

The City Hunter's stance and overall appearance looked more aggressive along with more weaponry and new technology.

But Predator 1 will always have one of the top spots for being best Predator.

I think P1 had subtlety on his side. He was presented in the film (and posed) in quite curious, mysterious stances. You never really knew what he was thinking, but the little head tilts and movements here and there implied intelligence.

P2's most famous stances are much more straight-forward. Aggression and athleticism all came through since his go-to posture involved bending the knees. Take the alley and tower scenes, for example.

Still both badass in their own rights. It'll be a treat to have HT give us both with their updated bodies and sick paint apps.

Really? Wasn't P1 the only Pred with really expressive eyes? DXed, the P1 would be freaky good.

Elaborate base and swap out clean and battle damaged armor with Predator blood dripping off it.
Nice mask with movie accurate weathering, and a detachable shoulder cannon/backpack with pull out Med kit.
Then come with open and closed mandibles, plus semi open and pissed off/twitching sets.
And finally top it all off with accurate height and headsculpt.

Wishful thinking, I know. :(

There's also the amputated arm, different skull trophies, the screaming Willie head, and still more possibilities.

You never really knew what he was thinking, but the little head tilts and movements here and there implied intelligence.

The use of his eyebrows and eye movement are the things that really make the Predator what he is to me personally. Still after 25 years you would think he was a living creature; he was so real looking.

P2's most famous stances are much more straight-forward. Aggression and athleticism all came through since his go-to posture involved bending the knees. Take the alley and tower scenes, for example.

Spear in one hand, spine in the other; what more could you ask for from a Predator.:clap

There's also the amputated arm, different skull trophies, the screaming Willie head, and still more possibilities.

Sure, for P2. I'd rather a more T-1000 esq figure where it comes with a boatload of accessories and nothing else. I mean really, no Pred could be more deserving of a DX as Pred 1. The subtleties in his face, the many different mandible positions that he made. He was represented as such an alive creature, whereas P2 was meant to be more badass. P2 didn't feel as subtle due to the patternation on his face that distracted from the subtle twitches that he made same as P1.

P1 felt to me more of a character, whereas P2 was much more straightforward and badass.

Lots of great ideas being thrown around.

Then watch, the final product will be just a rehash of the previous release with the same things. :D

This would be alright with me too, but not for those who already have the first release P2.

At this point, I'll gladly take whatever they come up with.

I wanna pose the p2 like this on top of a ledge
20110825113623471.jpg

Or this
2011082512290492.jpg

Back