NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- MMS 72- PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Hmmm... that would really blow if we get all pumped for a kickass figure and then some major change occurs.

You may have noticed the pics of Dutch are being taken down everywhere, This is I'm assured a temporary measure. Hope to re-post them soon.

It's crazy how either the rights holders are complicating things, or HT's screwing up a lot with the license and backing themselves into a corner.

Why!? i hope its to make the hair better, and not because they lost the license.

They haven't lost the license or the Pred and Billy images would be torn down too.

And this move is very likely nothing to do with tweaks on the sculpt. HT tweaks stuff all the time, like Two-Face, between prototype and production with no updates unless it's a full overhaul like TDK Batman. They may fix his hair and things, but they're not pulling product photos down over it. Very likely this has to do with the legal side of it all.

Again!!!!
Damn, I reall hope all the legal issues are settled soon.
I already placed a preorder for it and hopefully nothing major will happen to major dutch.

Makes me glad I've held off ordering Dutch through SSC, depending on the outcome, I might cancel and with Toys2 I'd have to pay a fee, at least SSC I can do what I need to, plus have email alerts to know when he's coming, and likely Toys2 customers will have him in hand first so I can see how the final product turns out.

Depending on the circumstances of this, may fair poorly for seeing other Arnie characters in the future, if this is more to do with his likeness holders than FOX for the movie license, HT may not want to bother with going through this again in the future.

ah man this would really suck,i hope this is not the case.
I havent ordered Dutch yet either,not too happy with how the Proto look,they will improve it im sure,they just improved a Jackson Sculpt that looked perfect allready.

That's interesting, because I don't have any interest in the figure but I saw the new MJ images and the head looks horrible now to me, I'd hate for Dutch to go that way.

Sure there are decent Arnold heads out there for this figure, but I'm only getting it if the head it comes with works, not dropping $170 on a figure that I absolutely wouldn't want with the head it includes.

Hot Toys would never remove pics just because they are improving the sculpt,this is definitely problems with the Likeness rights.

The early proto pics were removed as well.

Hot Toys would never remove pics just because they are improving the sculpt,this is definitely problems with the Likeness rights.

The early proto pics were removed as well.

I think you're right! Oh who frigin cares anymore, if this is to be a common trend now. Pics up, pics down, pics up, pics down, gimme a freaking break Hot Toys!

Just give me my Predator and I could care less about this unproffessional carnival.

And most likely, it's between HT and Arnie's company.

I think you're right! Oh who frigin cares anymore, if this is to be a common trend now. Pics up, pics down, pics up, pics down, gimme a freaking break Hot Toys!

Just give me my Predator and I could care less about this unproffessional carnival.

Well, without being involved and having all the facts, we can't fault HT. It's quite possible all the image issues come from Arnie's company, since the first images long ago removed were Dutch and Billy, anything with Dutch likely had to get pulled and now this.

HT's never pulled this sort of thing before, so we can't fault them for what's going down without knowing all the facts. If they're misconducting themselves and getting in trouble, then yes they're at fault, but if it's Arnie's likeness holding company putting up a stink, HT's at their mercy, the only other choice is to completely not use his head like their T1. This seems the price to pay to get an HT figure with Arnie's portrait when the likeness rights have to go through his company and not the film rights holder.

Oh well i just wish Hot Toys talked more about whats going on so we dont have to sit here confused and dont know what the hell`s going on,their Costumer service has gotten pretty poor lately too,so that doesnt help.

Well, without being involved and having all the facts, we can't fault HT. It's quite possible all the image issues come from Arnie's company, since the first images long ago removed were Dutch and Billy, anything with Dutch likely had to get pulled and now this.

HT's never pulled this sort of thing before, so we can't fault them for what's going down without knowing all the facts. If they're misconducting themselves and getting in trouble, then yes they're at fault, but if it's Arnie's likeness holding company putting up a stink, HT's at their mercy, the only other choice is to completely not use his head like their T1. This seems the price to pay to get an HT figure with Arnie's portrait when the likeness rights have to go through his company and not the film rights holder.

Sideshow never conducted the same type of practice with their 12" and props lines from T2. They solidified rights legally and avoided any future issues and quite smoothly too.

We still need to wait and see but it doesn't change the fact that this all seems a bit unproffessional is all i'm saying.

VERY PISSED OF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE F%CK!!!

HT DON'T POST PICS IF YOU CAN'T DELIVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Wookster can you ask what this is all about?

Man, I thought this was all over. What drama over a little figure.

Hope they fix the hair while they're at it... and don't add a bunch of camo paint.

In any event, it's the PRED I care most about.

VERY PISSED OF NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE F%CK!!!

HT DON'T POST PICS IF YOU CAN'T DELIVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Wookster can you ask what this is all about?

:lecture:lecture:lecture

what the hell is going on :huh

Sideshow never conducted the same type of practice with their 12" and props lines from T2. They solidified rights legally and avoided any future issues and quite smoothly too.

We still need to wait and see but it doesn't change the fact that this all seems a bit unproffessional is all i'm saying.

Well, I think it was Darklord Dave that commented when I put out a question about the company holding rights to Arnie's likeness. Apparently some licenses carry the rights to likeness with the film and T2 covered that, so only Carolco or whoever owns the rights to T2 has to sign off, which is probably why we never heard of Arnie's rights company before, but with Predator, it wasn't covered in FOX's rights so they have to get FOX's rights for Dutch and Arnie's company rights for his portrait. The result being, Billy and Predator can be shown but Dutch is a fiasco. I really think we'll never see another Arnie figure from HT unless rights to his portrait come with the property license, if they have to deal with his people again they'll probably just say ^^^^ it, this ain't worth it.

In any event, it's the PRED I care most about.

Same here, as cool as Dutch and his gang are, I've gotten use to solo Predators without human nemesis to go with them, no Harrigan for P2, so just having the P1 Predator would be fine with me, as long as we still get that I'm happy.

Back