New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My work in process new diorama (to place side by side with the other diorama):

SAM_1342.JPG

SAM_1343.JPG

SAM_1347.JPG

SAM_1348.JPG

SAM_1349.JPG

SAM_1350.JPG

SAM_1351.JPG

SAM_1352.JPG

Last edited:
I dunno guy it looks real hard :lol

mcbenzi would you consider making a run of these or a tutorial for us?

I already made the making of my diorama (almost a tutorial). It's in brazilian portuguese, but if you guys have any problem just call me.

link: w w w . p l a s t i m o d e l i s m o . o r g / b b s / v i e w t o p i c . p h p ? f = 1 2 & t = 6 9 1 3

I already made the making of my diorama (almost a tutorial). It's in brazilian portuguese, but if you guys have any problem just call me.

link: w w w . p l a s t i m o d e l i s m o . o r g / b b s / v i e w t o p i c . p h p ? f = 1 2 & t = 6 9 1 3

The links not working :(

any chance you can post the pic on here?

Let's see...

That's the idea:
vlcsnap-2012-02-26-22h34m00s782.png

From there began the process using balsa wood, cardboard, Styrofoam, wire, durepoxi...

SAM_1214.JPG

I cut the balsa wood into strips and pasted on cardboard

SAM_1215.JPG

A bit of weight for wood paste on cardboard

SAM_1217.JPG

the scale

SAM_1221.JPG

The door with balsa wood

SAM_1228.JPG

SAM_1229.JPG

The Styrofoam that will be inside the wall

SAM_1234.JPG

I cut the cardboard with the glued balsa wood to put the Styrofoam inside

SAM_1235.JPG

The wall mounted

SAM_1236.JPG

SAM_1238.JPG

SAM_1242.JPG

cut more strips of balsa wood, glued on a wooden base and aging with bitumen of Judea

SAM_1243.JPG

SAM_1244.JPG

I did the same with the door and the door frames

SAM_1247.JPG

SAM_1248.JPG

SAM_1268.JPG

SAM_1269.JPG

So I had hard work to carve a balsa wood table. The most difficult was to make the foot of the table as the movie. I also began to carve a lamp with epoxy and put hinges on the door.

SAM_1282.JPG

SAM_1284.JPG

SAM_1285.JPG

SAM_1291.JPG

then began to carve the boards nailed to the door as the movie.

SAM_1292.JPG

SAM_1293.JPG

I aged the table and carve a frame wall as the movie. The picture frame I got on the internet. Just did some photoshop and was very good to me.

SAM_1294.JPG

SAM_1299.JPG

Wall painted and aged with bitumen (in the film is one side of the wall with wallpaper and the other is painted white on top of the boards. After many tests I found the crepe paper when painted white is very close to the movie)

SAM_1303.JPG

SAM_1311.JPG

SAM_1312.JPG

SAM_1313.JPG

Handle durepoxi (is very similar with clay)

SAM_1321.JPG

So I carved a lamp switch, painted the switch and the door handle and put a couple of wires. Also did a tablecloth with a piece of plastic tablecloth.

SAM_1325.JPG

SAM_1326.JPG

SAM_1327.JPG

I put an LED inside the lamp that I had carved with durepoxi and spent a wire hidden inside the desk and out on the floor. I did a very basic system under the base to be able to turn on and off the led. Then I painted the lamp.

SAM_1335.JPG

SAM_1336.JPG

SAM_1337.JPG

SAM_1338.JPG

SAM_1339.JPG

SAM_1340.JPG

it was basically that... any questions?

Last edited:
Great Diorama! Can totally picture Ash returning to the house, after confronting the "evil" that lurks outside.

Saw the new wave today at TRU for $14.99 each - picked up the Farewell to Arms one, only cause they didn't have the one w chainsaw. Saw three - eyes on all were all different. Picked one that looked nice - one had wonky eyes, mine's pretty decent.

Overall very good paint effort from NECA

Stuck mine on that Cult Classics Endo base from years ago - looks sweet

Last edited:
Yes, how much? ;)

heheh... As I live in Brazil and how the diorama is very fragile I do not think it would be nice to send out the country. But it is very easy to make one of these. I think everyone should try and show the result.

I think I saw on Twitter that it would be July/August, but I might be confusing it with some other line.

Yeah, I know Rocky series 2 is roughly scheduled for then too. So I might be totally off. :) But I hope not..or I hope I'm off and they're really scheduled for May.

Back