New Neca Evil Dead 2 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up hero ash and henrietta today. For £15 each you really have to appreciate what they've done with this line. Someone must have been paid peanuts to paint these up and for the price they are beyond fantastic IMO. Gonna keep them all boxed. Picked up Jason part 3 and Original Freddy. Also fantastic.

Picked up hero ash and henrietta today. For £15 each you really have to appreciate what they've done with this line. Someone must have been paid peanuts to paint these up and for the price they are beyond fantastic IMO. Gonna keep them all boxed. Picked up Jason part 3 and Original Freddy. Also fantastic.

For $15 I'm very happy, especially when you look on the pegs next to them and see a $22 Gremlin with wonky dx crossed eyes.

Thirded!

PLUS - check out this NEW Evil Dead Remake comparison!

Page_1-12.jpg

Meh. Doesn't matter. What made that movie work was Sam's direction, and amazing jet black humor, and slapstick (for the sequel mostly).

Meh. Doesn't matter. What made that movie work was Sam's direction, and amazing jet black humor, and slapstick (for the sequel mostly).

What made it work was both Sam and Bruce. Without either, this'll wind up being a lame Night of the Demons wannabe, less than stellar compared even to that film's remake. :lol

I don't like the contact look. Not as convincing. :lol I'm already hating on the new ****.

But hold on, I thought Bruce and Sam were attached to this movie? The one thing I won't be able to get past is Ash being a girl.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1FUsUR_Jw&feature=related[/ame]

Around the 2 minute mark Bruce sums up why he isn't Ash anymore. Sam hand picked the director of the "remake' as well. Gives me some faith in the project. Around 10:30 he explains the "remake". Kind of sold me on it.

What made it work was both Sam and Bruce. Without either, this'll wind up being a lame Night of the Demons wannabe, less than stellar compared even to that film's remake. :lol

sure is looking that way....I remember the Classic horror "DEMONS"

Almost went to see it when I was a kid,glad I didn't! (at the time,too scary for me,not to mention seeing it in a movie theatre when crap starts happening the first time in a movie theatre)

Back then,that film had shock factor...today its pretty cheesy (literally too)

sure is looking that way....I remember the Classic horror "DEMONS"

Almost went to see it when I was a kid,glad I didn't! (at the time,too scary for me,not to mention seeing it in a movie theatre when crap starts happening the first time in a movie theatre)

Back then,that film had shock factor...today its pretty cheesy (literally too)

I still love Demons. It's one of the few Giallos I can actually still sit through. :lol

Dario Argento/ Lamberta Bavo

DEMONS = screwed up movie and was scary for its time in the 80's! in fact,some movie theatres pulled the movie because of its intense scenes

Uhhh....Demons is not a Giallo.

Giallo (Italian pronunciation: [ˈdʒallo], plural gialli) is an Italian 20th century genre of literature and film, which in Italian indicates crime fiction and mystery. In the English language it refers to a genre similar to the French fantastique genre and includes elements of horror fiction and eroticism. The word "giallo" is Italian for "yellow" and stems from the origin of the genre in Italy as a series of cheap paperback mystery novels which all had trademark yellow covers.

Giallo (Italian pronunciation: [ˈdʒallo], plural gialli) is an Italian 20th century genre of literature and film, which in Italian indicates crime fiction and mystery. In the English language it refers to a genre similar to the French fantastique genre and includes elements of horror fiction and eroticism. The word "giallo" is Italian for "yellow" and stems from the origin of the genre in Italy as a series of cheap paperback mystery novels which all had trademark yellow covers.

^Yeah, that's cute and all (from Wiki) but Demons is still not a Giallo.

Giallo's are basically Italian slashers films. Demons is not a slasher....Just because Demons is an Italian Horror Film that doesn't automaticallly make it a Giallo.

Some examples of Giallos...

Deep Red
Torso
Tenebre
Bay OF Blood
Bird With The Crystal Plumage
New York Ripper
Blood and Black lace.......and so on.

So, that may very well be the reason you can sit through Demons....Because it's NOT a Giallo.:wink1:

^Yeah, that's cute and all (from Wiki) but Demons is still not a Giallo.

Giallo's are basically Italian slashers films. Demons is not a slasher....Just because Demons is an Italian Horror Film that doesn't automaticallly make it a Giallo.

Some examples of Giallos...

Deep Red
Torso
Tenebre
Bay OF Blood
Bird With The Crystal Plumage
New York Ripper
Blood and Black lace.......and so on.

So, that may very well be the reason you can sit through Demons....Because it's NOT a Giallo.:wink1:

Given I've been hearing industry insiders refer to the Italian horror genre in general as Giallo and have been doing the same myself for over 25 years, you'll have to forgive me if I prefer to stick to using the label as allencompassing. :wave

After seeing the new trailer...the movie looks as messed up as DEMONS was....no wonder why society is in decline

Back