NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blue_ribbon.gif

Sorry for the late delay guys but here are comparison pics of the HT Don and EB Don side by side. Not the best of pics but at least you know I am not talking out of my a** when I say I have compared them side by side.

DSC02501.jpg

DSC02502.jpg

DSC02503.jpg

Before anyone jumps in and accuses the store of not doing the EB fair justice, the store owner always futzes the figures for display in his store. So what you see is the best he has already done for the figure.

Since we're known to be an anal, finicky, nitpicking bunch, and I love you all for it, it's now my turn to be all those things. I just received the Godfather today at a hugely reduced price, thanks to the SS value points.

Love the Godfather figure in all it's 12" glory. Even the eyes in certain lighting when swaying him from the right to left almost looks as if his eyes are following you. My nitpick is concerning the cat... is this a kitten or an adult cat, because if it is an adult cat, it's not in scale. Also, my Godfather seems very slim in build now that I have him in hand. I also noticed while the padding on the chair actually feels real to the touch.. it's actually squishy!, it's lacking in details on the back of the chair and on the bottom where wheels or atleast some raised feet would be nice. I would have liked to have this chair be detailed from top to bottom, front to back.

Sorry for the late delay guys but here are comparison pics of the HT Don and EB Don side by side. Not the best of pics but at least you know I am not talking out of my a** when I say I have compared them side by side.

DSC02503.jpg

Before anyone jumps in and accuses the store of not doing the EB fair justice, the store owner always futzes the figures for display in his store. So what you see is the best he has already done for the figure.

not pointing this out as an excuse to defend the enterbay one OR the HT one but i doubt I would trust this store owner's eye for futzing, if he thinks the HT godfather looks anywhere near good with his leg crossed like that it's good indication.

Don't like the clothes on the EB version. The tie and shirt look especially bad. The vest and jacket aren't great either. The head looks a little too fat/wide.

I see no reason he wouldn't want both to look good, he is selling both in his store.

not pointing this out as an excuse to defend the enterbay one OR the HT one but i doubt I would trust this store owner's eye for futzing, if he thinks the HT godfather looks anywhere near good with his leg crossed like that it's good indication.

:rotfl

couldnt agree more:lol

but I think the HT one is better than the EB version though. I saw it today in the shop, and had I not purchased 2 HT for my trip already, I would've jumped on it.:google

Since we're known to be an anal, finicky, nitpicking bunch, and I love you all for it, it's now my turn to be all those things. I just received the Godfather today at a hugely reduced price, thanks to the SS value points.

Love the Godfather figure in all it's 12" glory. Even the eyes in certain lighting when swaying him from the right to left almost looks as if his eyes are following you. My nitpick is concerning the cat... is this a kitten or an adult cat, because if it is an adult cat, it's not in scale. Also, my Godfather seems very slim in build now that I have him in hand. I also noticed while the padding on the chair actually feels real to the touch.. it's actually squishy!, it's lacking in details on the back of the chair and on the bottom where wheels or atleast some raised feet would be nice. I would have liked to have this chair be detailed from top to bottom, front to back.

WHINER!!!!!!!!! :lol

Just watched 2 on bluray and man i'm pumped for a michael, with that distant contemplative stare, really hope they do one! Come on HT!

It's not Hot Toys, McFarlane Toys, Sideshow or Enterbay you should be begging for a Michael figure. They all know that Don Vito isn't the only character we want.

It's Al Pacino who is standing in the way of us getting Michael Corleone merchandise featuring his likeness.

So...

"Come on AP!"

...is more appropriate.

Hi gangsters,

To those who have the Godfather with you in hand, could you please tell me the dimensions of the big package?

My Godfather is sitting in Hong Kong at the moment, and a friend of mine will bring it over to me at the end of this year, I just hope that it will go through the airport custom wihout any trouble. Thanks

Hi gangsters,

To those who have the Godfather with you in hand, could you please tell me the dimensions of the big package?

My Godfather is sitting in Hong Kong at the moment, and a friend of mine will bring it over to me at the end of this year, I just hope that it will go through the airport custom wihout any trouble. Thanks
I can't believe no one has answered your call for help. I must admit I saw it when you first posted but something sidelined me, and I forgot about it. I'm not sorry. Seeing as you wont be getting this marvelous figure till the end of the year. I'd thought I'd take this opportunity to rub it in and say again, how marvelous this figure is.

Mine came in a pretty close fitting outer shipping box 9" X 12" X 24" or 22cm X 30cm X 60cm, so the actual box is marginally smaller.

I hope you'll be able to get it through customs without any problem. At least you have more than enough time to contact them and check. That should ease your mind. Also, there may be some restriction you don't know about, or some paper work to do, to expedite your friends transition across.

Good one Lord Viscious. Pump it :rock

I was waiting a longtime to pick either HOT TOY or ENTERBAY's Godfather
I finally decide for the hot toy.:banana

Last edited:
Back