NEW PICS- Hot Toys - MMS 91 - THE GODFATHER - Don Vito Corleone spec + Hi Res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's actuslly a super quality KO godfather head floating out there in the 30 buck vein. So with that, this set and a body, you can have a top notch godfather for under 200 bucks.

Don't condone recasting but I'm a big advocate of abolishing limited editions. These are toys, expensive or not. They should be made avalible to all via supply and demand. This coming from someone who's had the godfather since the day it hit us shelves, I could give a damn what it's worth on today's aftermarket.

I agree. I hope HT reissue this, with an updated suit. Get rid of the recasters and improve the clothing in one fell swoop.

That would be nice. Looks like this set is due by end of year. Anyone sourcing out a body yet? I think a standard body would do it.

I agree. I hope HT reissue this, with an updated suit. Get rid of the recasters and improve the clothing in one fell swoop.

But if HT released it now it would be $230 or whatever. People would still buy the KO.

That would be nice. Looks like this set is due by end of year. Anyone sourcing out a body yet? I think a standard body would do it.

It has a fat suit so a regular old narrow shoulder. Gotta get the $20 KO one from ebay though. It only seems right. :lol

But if HT released it now it would be $230 or whatever. People would still buy the KO.

I am considering the KO set and if HT were to ever re-release this officially I would buy it in a heartbeat.

This is my most wanted figure, but I cannot justify spending the going rate for it.

I am considering the KO set and if HT were to ever re-release this officially I would buy it in a heartbeat.

This is my most wanted figure, but I cannot justify spending the going rate for it.

Going rate has been over 1k, which is obscene. I could see paying that for a really nice custom… but for an older release figure? no way. The Wolverine set was really damn good.

I'm glad this is out there, for those who really want a 1/6 Godfather, aren't willing to pay prices on the official figure, and are willing to accept something like this. But for me personally, quality has begun to matter more and more in what I collect. The HT figure is pure quality across the board, and I'm not sure I would accept anything less than that.

I'm glad this is out there, for those who really want a 1/6 Godfather, aren't willing to pay prices on the official figure, and are willing to accept something like this. But for me personally, quality has begun to matter more and more in what I collect. The HT figure is pure quality across the board, and I'm not sure I would accept anything less than that.

As I said, with a re-release I would ditch this aftermarket figure in a heartbeat. Would probably pick up a couple of them as the HT original release is beyond beautiful, from the box design to all the accessories.

BUT...

The current rate is just not what I'm personally willing to pay.

Except when quality comes at an exorbitant cost. I would argue that the similar Wolverine set is very close to the original in many regards. Is it as good as the original? No way. I am fussy about what I add to the collection as well, and the Wolverine they released hits the mark for me. I am not even a big fan of recasting, or the idea of it. In situations like these do I want to spend $130 to bash my own version, or $1200 on ebay to get the official. It is just way too much money for any rational person to spend on it. There also is the risk that Hot Toys could remake it as a 2.0.

Well that's why I said this is great for folks who are willing to accept the lesser quality set. I'm just stating my own preferences. That's why I'm probably not going to go after the Sideshow Hoth figures, even though I love those costumes in the film. But then, I'm willing to shell out $400 for a high quality doll outfit. . .which is behavior that admittedly deserves this :slap

And they'd get themselves a sub-standard product. A lot of people would sooner pay the premium and get the premium product.
Ebay and OSR says otherwise. Those sellers are making a killing on on clothing sets and recast HT heads. People are buying them because its cheap and the quality is "close enough", not because the product isnt available or they want a so called premium product.

Ebay and OSR says otherwise. Those sellers are making a killing on on clothing sets and recast HT heads. People are buying them because its cheap and the quality is "close enough", not because the product isnt available or they want a so called premium product.

A lot of those guys are all for quantity and not quality. I would take a Hot Toys Godfather any day... but not at the prices it is commanding now.

I'll admit that I've bought a couple of those recast HT heads. I did it with Obidiah stane because I didn't want an iron monger and a few others. I don't support recasting on principal and I'm one picky bastard and a crazy fool who has spent 400 dollar on doll clothes. And I'll say that the quality is astounding. 80 percent of the way to hot toys quality and better then when hot toys was making the godfather, we have come a long way. I wouldn't be surprise if someone can top the quality of the original with a recast to be honest.

This figure is one of my favorites in my collection. It took awhile before I let myself spend the money on him but I'm glad I did. I got him when he was going for around $500 and at the time it was the most I'd spent on a figure (IM Igor has that honor now). This figure is still one of the most popular in my collection and people seem to be really impressed with him, even if they aren't collectors. I really wish HT would have continued making figures from Godfather films. I'd buy all of them--except Kay. Kay is a piece of ****.

You know what? I take that back. I'd probably buy Kay just to set up a diorama of Michael shutting the door in her face.

I can't justify the after market price of this figure, so I'm more than happy to get 'this figure' by other means. If HT re-releases the Don in some fashion, then I'll still get it.

Its been years since I want a Don vito figure, are there any full set KOs in existence? Or just that clothes/head set? :/

Back