Premium Format New Red Skull PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see why. They're two different takes of the same character, plus the first PF is still one of Sideshow's best pieces to date.
:goodpost::exactly:

I haven't seen any item at least on the Marvel side of Sideshow that something like that has happened before. With that, goodluck on anyone whose wishing/hoping/praying that the older pieces' prices would go down with these new releases... :monkey3

Last edited:
I don't see why. They're two different takes of the same character, plus the first PF is still one of Sideshow's best pieces to date.
Yeah, I don't think the Spidey PF dropped much when the Comiquette was released. Unlike HT figures, these are produced in fairly low numbers, releases are not necessarily upgrades (more different takes, which is what this seems to be), and prices of older figures don't seem too affected by subsequent releases.

I have to believe that SSC labeled the video incorrectly. This has to be a comiquette or a movie version PF. Is it too much to believe that a company that doesn't even know how to spell their own name on the base of their statues simply labeled the video as a PF instead of comiquette? Until a SSC Rep confirms this is another comic PF, I have to believe it's a mistake.

Anyway, I love the face portraits on the new piece. IMHO, they look much better than the PF. The eyes looked too big and buggy for my tastes. This new piece looks spot on.

then wouldn't the body already be sculpted? :dunno

then wouldn't the body already be sculpted? :dunno

Well....it's a WIP ink. Who knows how far along they are on the sculpt. I'm not saying it can't be another PF. It just seems highly unusual that SSC would choose the Red Skull for another PF release. Let's also not for get they haven't released a Com of the character. 2 PFs before a Com of THIS character seems off. We will know soon enough.

I think it's funny that people are so adament that this can't be a PF simply because one was done in the past. It was only a matter of time before characters were revisited in Premium Format and he seems to be the first but if you look at Comiquettes for example 4 different 1:4 Spider-Mans were done in two years. This isn't really that shocking.

It looks awesome from what I can gather, the face looks a little more Silver Aged and the one with the hat a bit more modern but either way I'm interested in it.

This is one great looking Red Skull!! I always want a Red Skull PF with a hat! Thank you Sideshow!

2150579-red_skull.jpg

I think it's funny that people are so adament that this can't be a PF simply because one was done in the past. It was only a matter of time before characters were revisited in Premium Format and he seems to be the first but if you look at Comiquettes for example 4 different 1:4 Spider-Mans were done in two years. This isn't really that shocking.

It looks awesome from what I can gather, the face looks a little more Silver Aged and the one with the hat a bit more modern but either way I'm interested in it.

There is no doubt they will revisit the same characters in both formats sooner or later. It just seems weird that they would release 2 PFs of the Red Skull before they even released a comiquette. Odd.....but possible.

Odd to some but given that he is a major character in the Cap movie, which has it's PF shipping and while it's not the same, some will look at it as an accompaniment piece and that he is rumored to be involved in The Avengers in some capacity, it seems like the perfect time to get in on the Red Skull hype.

Realistically Spider-Man, Cap, Wolverine, they'll sell no matter what but if you have a window for RS, then you'd better take it.

:goodpost::exactly:

I haven't seen any item at least on the Marvel side of Sideshow that something like that has happened before. With that, goodluck on anyone whose wishing/hoping/praying that the older pieces' prices would go down with these new releases... :monkey3

yah, I'm hoping when SSC releases the 2nd Doom PF, the original will go back to retail price. :eek: :monkey1 :monkey3

Back