1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT just teased Neon MK50 on FB...it was one of the Justin's Collection/Jedha source list.

I think what made the MCU work so well that it wasn't overly comic-y. There was time travel in Endgame obviously, but aside from that, all of the movies were fairly grounded and didn't contain all the crazy multiverse and messing with time and different versions of characters that you'd see more in the books. You didn't need to be a comic book reader to enjoy and appreciate the MCU. Same idea with the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy.

With Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johansson and (later this year) Jeremy Renner all done in the MCU, there's going to be a lot of casual fans that lose interest. There's also going to be a lot of people who don't get the whole multiverse thing and check out. And I'm sure there will be people who won't watch as Marve Studios starts diving into the identity politics stuff they're going into.

Star Wars still has work to do to win back enough people to the be top franchise in the world again. Good start with Mandalorian and the last season of Clone Wars, but we'll see what the upcoming shows and films do for the brand. They're definitely at a big crossroads on how the future of the brand will look.
Book of Boba Fett, Kenobi series, Ahsoka series, Cassian Andor series and the currently on-going The Bad Batch and tons of other projects on the horizon.

The MCU is primarily movie driven. It needs theaters, the excitement, the experience, and the droves of general audiences pouring into theaters internationally to keep the momentum going.

That’s why the interconnected characters and storylines work so well, because it propels people to wonder and discuss what’s next, leading to a gigantic team up cinematic event.

Star Wars benefits from big cinematic experiences at times as well, but it has also existed by just the strength of 3 movies, then 6 and an animated TV show along with video games, books, and comics.

The MCU will continue to grow into just more than its powerhouse blockbusters with the shows on Disney+, but it won’t fully regain its strength the Phase 4 films release and people return to theaters.

But Star Wars is special. It was a powerhouse even when it was only the OT. It endured for decades without the prospect of more movies. It now ensures the objective failings of the ST and the Star Wars fatigue that came around the time of TLJ, Solo, and TROS.

We’re now back in a time of positive growth with The Mandalorian, The Clone Wars Season 7, and The Bad Batch with a whole slate of new shows to look forward to on Disney+.

All in all, whether you’re a fan of the MCU, Star Wars, or both, we’re fortunate to live in a time where there’s so much good and accessible content, even taking the not so good with it.

Everyone is on the Clone train, but I'd rather have an army of Mandos. Mandos were the bad motha army against the Jedi way before the Clone Wars. Hopefully we get to see that in full effect someday.
Definitely ALWAYS on the Mando train.
Ever since 1980 when I seen Fett on-screen.
He and Chewbacca are my 2 favs...so ANY Hot toys figures of Mandos and Wookiees are most welcome.
The EU is an awesome well for the Mandos,be it in the Novels or comics.
Not to forget also,that the Mandos were a huge thorn in the Jedi side.

I rather they just take their time do a good job on the sculpt and release a BoBF version to kick off the show. If Bad Batch sales are going well, HT should go after the current hype and release Wrecker and Tech.
Why wait? She will have on the exact. Same. Outfit. She does now.

If she had a hope of wearing cool new stuff I would be willing to wait for that..... But looks like thats a NO. Shame.

As far as the MCU, i think a big problem for them is going to be the loss of people like Evans and Downey. Those two made those roles their own personal property.

Why wait? She will have on the exact. Same. Outfit. She does now.

If she had a hope of wearing cool new stuff I would be willing to wait for that..... But looks like thats a NO. Shame.

As far as the MCU, i think a big problem for them is going to be the loss of people like Evans and Downey. Those two made those roles their own personal property.

I meant like for them to release her under BoBF and include whatever she has instead of releasing a Mando version and then a slight upgraded BoBF version.

I meant like for them to release her under BoBF and include whatever she has instead of releasing a Mando version and then a slight upgraded BoBF version.
I wouldn’t worry about it.

Regardless of which branding Hot Toys releases her under, they will do their best to include the same minimum number of accessories: 5-7 hands, helmet, weapon, and sand base.

Well if the rumored list is to be true, the available AT the Con figure for SW, the Armorer, might be previewed this week. No other SW fig has been rumored and it is a smaller list than usual, so there could be more. The Armorer is going to be a big deal.

If you mean in stock and ready to ship at the con, it's going to be $$$...
Well I think it took a few months after the Con to get it. Think I remember Scarlet Spider on waitlist quickly, then opened up for more after lots of people wanted it. I like to think I received it in Sept or Oct?

It's no coincidence that this is happening at a time when Favreau's version of Star Wars has completely upstaged Kennedy and the story group while the MCU has gone full agenda over storytelling on the heels of the departure of Captain America, Iron Man, and Thanos. And people wonder why HT is making so much Mandalorian stuff????

Yet Kennedy led Lucasfilm/Disney continues to do what they do, canceling the Slave 1 quietly behind the scenes a few months after suffering the backlash of the very public firing of Gina Carano and lying about the specifics.
I'm done with the MCU, too much preaching and SJW B.S. Movies should be fun, not an indoctrination session.

Agreed, the way they’ll now basically have a checklist that they’ll be ensuring to check off for every movie to ensure they satisfy the sjw mob....instead of things feeling organic it’ll feel very forced. Ie: female hero character team up in Endgame felt forced yet Mandos finale having an all female team to take Gideon’s ship felt organic

I'm sure I'm wrong, but I like to think Feige is playing their game for now. He is in Hollywood after all. But when it counts with F4 and X-Men rolling around, he will cast it how it looks in the comics. So when they come for him, there is a lot of that crap to point back to.

you guys belong in a museum, lmao
True, because we're the right-side-of-history, lived experience folks doing the systemic, institutional and unconsciously unbiased work to create safe spaces from (increasingly illegal) hypocritical race theory, wokeness studies and um... bad movies and the landfills of unsold toys/collectibles that follow them into the "dustbin of history." :lecture:lol

Back