NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares about TO anymore, anyways? He's a has-been, just like Moss. I wish the media would stop giving his dumb ass attention.

I agree. However he is very talented so he gets reported on. No surprise. I wish TO was more like Chris Carter. But he's not.

wow, i remember when Vick first went to prison and everyone said if he came back, he would never be a starting QB ever again; now, hes playing better than he ever has. I'm still so so on him as a person, but hes still one hell of a player and more dangerous than hes ever been. Question is can he stay healthy? Time will tell

I agree. However he is very talented so he gets reported on. No surprise. I wish TO was more like Chris Carter. But he's not.

So you want him to be an unabashed Vikings cheerleader?:lol

Seriously, SB39 should have told you everything you needed to know about TO. Forget about the off-field crap and remember what he used to bring when he cared.

So you want him to be an unabashed Vikings cheerleader?:lol

Seriously, SB39 should have told you everything you needed to know about TO. Forget about the off-field crap and remember what he used to bring when he cared.

Talking about CC the player and not the analyst. You know a positive role model, good team player, and all of that.

However, I understand you were just being a smart ass. So :nana:

315486.jpg

My hat off to Vick! Just WOW! If at this point in the season he is not under serious consideration for MVP then the AP needs to get off the hate-wagon and open their eyes. There is still a lot of football left to play, but he is the hottest player in the League so far. Simply amazing. (Plus he has a win over Peyton Manning)

Just wait for the rematch! We weren't 100% last time we played.

We won 4 straight at the end of last season. It was sooo close to being 3 in a row, one big mistake in OT cost us the game.

??????? Do you watch any other games besides the Browns? Seriously? They are literally all you talk about. Well, here's some info for you - the team you only lost to because of one bad play in OT, two reasons they even made it to OT 1. their kicker sucks and couldn't make easy FGs, 2. Sanchez got hurt and wasn't even 100% in the second half. And also, the Jets got shut out at home 2 weeks ago, and last week they barely beat the Lions with their 2nd string QB in. That was not a good team they played, but they just didn't drop a loaf like the Saints and Pats did.
Annnnnnd they were just as healthy these past three weeks as they were against the Steelers, plus that was Ben's first game of the season. Any other excuses that'll help you sleep at night?

Still a has-been. His stats are bloated because their team is constantly throwing the ball instead of running it (Cincy is 4th in passing attempts in the league), and as you say, the ball usually gets thrown to TO there. Add in that he's freakishly big, and probabilistically he's got a better than fair chance of having great numbers.

One that told you probabilistically was the best invented word of the day.

But it is all good, said user deleted it because they found out it was a word.

That was me :lol :wave

That word just sounded so wrong. Fortunately, I checked it out anyway. :lol

Ok, some clarification on the McNabb deal. From Peter King at SI:

"As ESPN's Adam Schefter reported this morning, Washington paid McNabb a $3.5 million bonus upon execution of the contract. The club has to decide whether to pay him a $10 million option bonus early in the 2011 offseason; if the Redskins do, they'll be on the hook for his relatively paltry $2.5 million salary for the 2011 season. The deal escalates in 2012 to 2015 to larger numbers, but the contract, essentially, gives the Redskins two reasonable outs in the next year or so.

If they decide to let him go after this season, they've paid only $3.75 million (which includes $250,000 if he stays active for eight games, which he has already done). Then, if they chose to have him on the team in 2011, they pay $12.5 million, which seems fair. The guarantee portion of the deal would come in if he suffers a serious injury, presumably one that ends his career -- then the Redskins would owe him $25 million.

That is not a bad contract at all. And though it could end up a five-year, $78-million deal (which was first reported Monday afternoon by ESPN's Michael Smith), it will do so only if he's the kind of franchise quarterback the Redskins thought they traded for last April. McNabb has not been that player yet. After 10 weeks of his first season playing for father and son Shanahan, McNabb is the 29th-rated quarterback in the league. If he doesn't improve, he's not going to be the quarterback for very long. Pure and simple."

I can see Danny Boy reverting to his old ways and making a run at Vick, especially in light of how he torched the "Skins last night.

Back