NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saints offense looked pretty dang good to me, actually. They scored 36 freakin points! Defense was a non-factor apart from a couple possessions in the 4th quarter, so that was that.

Honestly, I'm not bothered by it. Saints earned their shot and blew it. Hopefully they can learn from some of their mistakes, though a big part of the loss was due to injury.

So he's being a "man" by facing charges brought upon him by our legal system?? He didn't have much of a choice now, did he? Or are you just comparing him to Reed's brother, who has absolutely nothing to do with the Ravens organization in any way, shape or form.

Anyway, I just find it interesting that some sins are so quickly forgotten, especially when playoff time comes around. Maybe I'm stretching it a bit by bringing up Roelisberger since all charges have been dropped but at least he is on your team and not just loosely related to it.

Then why would she bring up charges to begin with? He's had two weak cases against him, and people automatically dub him as guilty with zero chance of being proven innocent. It's the people like you being completely biased and a hypocrite that drag this out and never let it die.

Like I said, he faced his punishment imposed by the League, instead of appealing it, which was his right, and Goodell himself mentioned at the current rate his 4-6 game suspension would only be 4 because he was doing everything expected and more, and that was during pre-season.

When Reed's family gets a play-off game ball because their son might be dead after eluding police, and their other son plays on the team, that sends a piss-poor message to already easily impressionable youth fans who idolize guys like Reed. That is directly associated to the orginization.

Yeah no other NFL teams send poor messages right, certainly not the Steelers. They would never almost immediately trade a player due to legal issue but stand behind another player with a legal issue at the same time.

Yeah no other NFL teams send poor messages right, certainly not the Steelers. They would never almost immediately trade a player due to legal issue but stand behind another player with a legal issue at the same time.

Hmmmmmmm ......, a player with a $101 million dollar contract with a large sum of that guaranteed, that stands a good chance of another Super Bowl title in the next few season, who has no legal charges currently against him VS. a constant legal problem who has tried lieing his way out of carges several times, with no big contract, and a back-up receiver just as good, if not better, waiting to fill his spot?

There's a reason the Steelers have more SB titles than anyone else. The Rooneys are not stupid.

good news is that 1 of the Steelers and Ravens will be gone this time next week. Bad news is 1 of them will be in the AFC championship. I think I'll pull for the Ravens, since I think they will be easier for either NE or the Jets to beat in the next game. It would be cool if Ray Lewis breaks his leg whilst giving Big Ben a concussion!

good news is that 1 of the Steelers and Ravens will be gone this time next week. Bad news is 1 of them will be in the AFC championship. I think I'll pull for the Ravens, since I think they will be easier for either NE or the Jets to beat in the next game. It would be cool if Ray Lewis breaks his leg whilst giving Big Ben a concussion!

:rotfl I love play-off time, it just brings the best out in all of us :lol

Saints offense looked pretty dang good to me, actually. They scored 36 freakin points! Defense was a non-factor apart from a couple possessions in the 4th quarter, so that was that.

Honestly, I'm not bothered by it. Saints earned their shot and blew it. Hopefully they can learn from some of their mistakes, though a big part of the loss was due to injury.

No, the offense did look great, I meant the defense. Last year they were so damn fast on that side of the ball. Remember that game last year against the Pats? Monday night, I think... They flew to the ball, making plays, hitting hard and taking down receivers as soon as the ball got to their hands. I was super impressed. Their performance Saturday was a far cry from the way the team played last year. It's frustrating, even to me, because I'd rather watch that team go into Chicago and battle the Bears than see Seattle get their asses kicked.

Then why would she bring up charges to begin with? He's had two weak cases against him, and people automatically dub him as guilty with zero chance of being proven innocent. It's the people like you being completely biased and a hypocrite that drag this out and never let it die.

Like I said, he faced his punishment imposed by the League, instead of appealing it, which was his right, and Goodell himself mentioned at the current rate his 4-6 game suspension would only be 4 because he was doing everything expected and more, and that was during pre-season.

When Reed's family gets a play-off game ball because their son might be dead after eluding police, and their other son plays on the team, that sends a piss-poor message to already easily impressionable youth fans who idolize guys like Reed. That is directly associated to the orginization.

As for Roethlisberger, maybe I should let it go but where there's smoke there's fire and being accused of these type of actions twice tells me there is at least some merit to the claims.

Once again, Ed Reed has a brother who looks to be dead. The team simply gave Reed's family a game ball. This has nothing to do with condoning any of Reed's brothers actions, instead it is meant to only support the family in this time of grief. You seem to take exception with this. Why? Your point about impressionable youth doesn't resonate with me whatsoever. It's the responsibility of parents to raise their children to know that sports figures can be admired for their athletic prowess and not for their private lives. Anyway, I don't see any point to further debate because you appear to be seeing this through black and gold colored glasses.... and I need to go take a crap.

No, the offense did look great, I meant the defense. Last year they were so damn fast on that side of the ball. Remember that game last year against the Pats? Monday night, I think... They flew to the ball, making plays, hitting hard and taking down receivers as soon as the ball got to their hands. I was super impressed. Their performance Saturday was a far cry from the way the team played last year. It's frustrating, even to me, because I'd rather watch that team go into Chicago and battle the Bears than see Seattle get their asses kicked.

As for Roethlisberger, maybe I should let it go but where there's smoke there's fire and being accused of these type of actions twice tells me there is at least some merit to the claims.

Once again, Ed Reed has a brother who looks to be dead. The team simply gave Reed's family a game ball. This has nothing to do with condoning any of Reed's brothers actions, instead it is meant to only support the family in this time of grief. You seem to take exception with this. Why? Your point about impressionable youth doesn't resonate with me whatsoever. It's the responsibility of parents to raise their children to know that sports figures can be admired for their athletic prowess and not for their private lives. Anyway, I don't see any point to further debate because you appear to be seeing this through black and gold colored glasses.... and I need to go take a crap.

I was actually nodding my head in agreement until the black and gold glasses thing. Just shows you truly are bias.

Enjoy your crap. Better in your toilet than anymore on the forum :wave

I wonder how deep Big Ben's new fiancee's emotional scars are. Have to be pretty f'd up to get engaged to that guy.

Well, if being a capitalist means your f'd up, then "guilty as charged" :rolleyes:

Not only that, but she can make accusations against Ben that can lead to even more money and a book deal. That's only f'd up if you hate America.

not all atheletes have rape instincts quite like Big Ben. I guess I'm making the assumption that a normal woman would simply sleep with him to get what she wants. not subject herself to actually marrying the trash.

though waiting for him to cheat on you so you can get half the money is probably pretty easy money.

Yeah the girl dropped the charges, maybe she didnt want her whole life ruined by some POS QB who would have had millions of dollars to spend to hire lawyers to just slander the girl and ruin her life to hide what he did a SECOND time.

I wouldn't doubt it was the diehard psyco fans that changed her mind.

Back