NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what can you tell us about the Steeler/Raven game, Sprig? Both regular season games were won by the road team and both by 3 points. The Ravens win was week 4, so no Big Ben when they lost.

Just trying to get some insight for a playoff pool I'm in. :D

Unbias opinion, very hard game to pick. Hardest one of the Divisional round, IMO.

Steelers- very good bill of health going into the weekend. Polamalu and McFadden have been limited, but expected to see normal playing time. They're going to scan Aaron Smith again this week to see where he's at. Still haven't posted anything on whether he'll play or not.

Ravens- no notable injury reports that I've seen posted. The only player factor I see going against them is Ed Reed. With his family issues he's having at the moment, it really seemed to bother him in that game. With KC posting 5 turnovers, Reed only registered 4 tackles for the game. Not very Ed Reed like, Whether it was just KC's gameplan to keep away from Reed's area, I don't know, but again, not a very Reed like performance Sunday.

Baltimore is riding momentum. Their last loss was to Pittsburgh, in a game where many saw them controlling, but came due to that Polamalu sack/forced fumble recovered by Woodley and taken to the Baltimore 9, where Pittsburgh scored. Their regular season finale against Cincy was terrible, and very likely a game they should have lost, but that 30-7 ass-kicking they put on the Chiefs, all though against a terrible team, was a good momentum/morale booster. Of Flacco's 6 post season starts, that was the first one he truly was the winning factor in and not carried by the team.

Pittsburgh is riding momentum as well. Since getting their asses kicked by the Pats, their only loss is to the Jets. That game Pittsburgh's achilles heel was their kick-return coverage. They allowed the opening KO returned for a TD, and let JT come untouched on a safety, but held the Jets to around 200 total yds of offense. Though losing by 5 points, Pittsburgh got to goal to go and almost scored to win, except for a questionable hold that wasn't called, but teams/fans can not blame officiating for loses. After that they completely destroyed the Panthers and Browns, although that was against two of the weakest teams in the league. The biggest factor for them coming into the weekend is their O-line has been in sync and protecting Ben.

from Ravens.com:

<<<Historically, Pittsburgh has come into divisonal games after a bye rested, not rusted.

The Steelers have won six straight games when entering the postseason in the Divisional Round (2008, 2004, 2001, 1997, 1995, 1994). Pittsburgh has won its first playoff game in nine of its last 10 postseason trips. >>>

Another hidden factor is Baltimore's ..... talking, I guess. After the Ravens beat KC, Joe Flacco stated going into play Pittsburgh should be "fun". That reeeeeeally pissed them off. Also, after Pittsburgh won at Baltimore, Coach Harabaugh, when asked about Ben's broken nose, said "I'm glad we broke it". Again, pissed 'em off.

Since Harabaugh and Flacco went to Baltimore, they are 2-5 against Pittsburgh. Their only two wins have been when Ben did not play, but neither team has won by more than one score, except for Polamalu's pick-6 of Flacco in their '08 AFC Championship match-up.

Again, hard game to pick, but I honestly see Pittsburgh winning another down to the wire slug-fest. I also can see Baltimore pulling out with the same results. Take this for what it's worth, but just take into consideration that this is coming from a huge Steelers fan :wave

Glad to hear both teams are coming in with their full compliment of players. It always sucks when a team has an injury or two then uses that as an excuse to play flat... Not that I could see that happening with either of these squads anyway.

I can't see the Ravens winning if Flacco can't keep pace with Ben, if not flat out play him. As you said, the KC game was the first postseason game of Flacco's career where he's been a positive influence on the result and that would need to continue else the Ravens will become one dimensional and get beat.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the game. Being a Niner fan you'd think I'd only love offense but I love games like this just as much as a high scoring shoot out.... Now watch the score be 40-37. :lol

So what can you tell us about the Steeler/Raven game, Sprig? Both regular season games were won by the road team and both by 3 points. The Ravens win was week 4, so no Big Ben when they lost.

Just trying to get some insight for a playoff pool I'm in. :D
Flip a coin. :lol

Whats funny they were talking about this game on ESPN. They both won on the road. The overall score of both games was a tie.

Glad to hear both teams are coming in with their full compliment of players. It always sucks when a team has an injury or two then uses that as an excuse to play flat... Not that I could see that happening with either of these squads anyway.

I can't see the Ravens winning if Flacco can't keep pace with Ben, if not flat out play him. As you said, the KC game was the first postseason game of Flacco's career where he's been a positive influence on the result and that would need to continue else the Ravens will become one dimensional and get beat.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the game. Being a Niner fan you'd think I'd only love offense but I love games like this just as much as a high scoring shoot out.... Now watch the score be 40-37. :lol
Hell, the last time there was a blow out between those two was in '07 when Ben had 5 TDs in the first half, but that was when they still had McNair.

If this game turns out to be a high flying offensive shoot out, then I'm looking out my window for frogs falling out of the sky.

I think I'm more excited to watch the Pat/Jets than I am the Falcons/FudgePackers. With all the jawing going on it's going to be such an emotional game and someone just might spontaneously combust.

It's getting better. The whole damn city has been shut down for the past 3 days over only 5-7in. of snow.

I saw on the news where they had 4 plow trucks for the whole city :gah: I remember being down south and them shutting everything down when snow would hit the ground. Loved it.

Getting a bit up here, but not enough to cancel the game in Pittsburgh on Sunday :lol Not that our ________ governor would be on the news crying about that game being delayed. He hates the Steelers :exactly: :)

Back