NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pennsylvania's governor hates the Steelers? Is he an Eagles fan or something?

He was Philly's mayor before becoming governor. He actually appeared on that Tom Hanks movie Philadelphia when he was mayor (looks like someone the mob sends to collect debts). Like FQRizzo said, he was all about Filthydelphia and nothing else, and that's why he complained when the League postponed that Eagles game. If he'd gave half as much a ____ about the rest of the state as he did about Philly, it'd still be ____ty here but our governor wouldn't be a ____!!

I, too, would like to see them stagger the games a bit, by moving one of the Sunday games to Saturday night.

College football is OK, but no substitute for the real deal.

Might have to get more into college ball if they don't settle the CBA. The only other sport I watch is Pens hockey, but not even close to the extent that the NFL takes over my TV.

When the baby is awake, I'm only allowed to watch TV if football is on (not my rule, but I'll take it over the alternative). Therefore, the more football, the better! :lol

I'd take that, as long as I can swap over to baseball in the offseason.

On a side note, in order for me to watch movies now I need to stay up on Friday and Saturday nights after the wife and baby are asleep. It's actually pretty nice because it becomes 'my time.'

On a side note, in order for me to watch movies now I need to stay up on Friday and Saturday nights after the wife and baby are asleep. It's actually pretty nice because it becomes 'my time.'
Same for me. Last night, I stayed up and watched Bullitt after all others had went to sleep.

The football rule was meant to only apply to Saints games, but I've pushed it so that I can pretty much watch any NFL game. And it isn't like baby duties go out the window or anything. I'm just allowed to keep the TV on in the house :lol

Same for me. Last night, I stayed up and watched Bullitt after all others had went to sleep.

The football rule was meant to only apply to Saints games, but I've pushed it so that I can pretty much watch any NFL game. And it isn't like baby duties go out the window or anything. I'm just allowed to keep the TV on in the house :lol

I had movie night last night too... Inception for the third time in a week. :lol

Might have to get more into college ball if they don't settle the CBA. The only other sport I watch is Pens hockey, but not even close to the extent that the NFL takes over my TV.

Smart man, LETS GO PENS

I still dont understand why college sports is sch a big deal, i could care less

Smart man, LETS GO PENS

I still dont understand why college sports is sch a big deal, i could care less

I was glad to see them finally put a whooping on Montreal last night, after blowing yet another 3rd period lead to Boston the other night :mad:

I watch just enough college ball to know who the bigger names are going into the draft. If I had to root for a team I guess it'd be Penn State, but just because State College is about an hour from where I live. And I root against Notre Dame just because my wife likes them.

The thing that kills it for me about college ball is the bowl games. The Sugar Bowl, Orange Bowl, Rose Bowl and BCS Title Game are the only ones worth a ____. I mean c'mon, godaddy.com bowl? Meinike car care bowl? The outback bowl? Pathetic! Go to a damn play-off system already!

I had movie night last night too... Inception for the third time in a week. :lol

When the wife and kids go to bed and there's no NFL or Pens games on, I either play games or watch cheesey horror movies on fear net. I have to stay up late to watch horror movies because they give my wife nightmares :cuckoo:

When the wife and kids go to bed and there's no NFL or Pens games on, I either play games or watch cheesey horror movies on fear net. I have to stay up late to watch horror movies because they give my wife nightmares :cuckoo:

Jesus... What I wouldn't give to have the spare time to get into games right now.... Fallout New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption have been sitting unplayed for weeks now.:(

Jesus... What I wouldn't give to have the spare time to get into games right now.... Fallout New Vegas and Red Dead Redemption have been sitting unplayed for weeks now.:(

I don't have the time to play extensive games like that. I'm playing Force Unleashed II now and recently finished Black Ops. My staying up late comes at my expense. I have two kids in school and two at home and the wife works full time. That's why I hate prime time Steelers games, hard to sleep afterwards.

This is one of the biggest advantages to moving from NY to CO... all the games start two hours earlier. Especially for the absolutely ridiculous World Series games that would end about 12:30 AM EST.

This is one of the biggest advantages to moving from NY to CO... all the games start two hours earlier. Especially for the absolutely ridiculous World Series games that would end about 12:30 AM EST.

I love the west coast. NFL games done at 5:00 on Sundays is sweet. We miss a lot of the beginings of World Series games during the week but thats better than missing the ends.

Earlier starts and finishes would be nice. Baseball is too boring for me. Football and Pens hockey is as deep as I go, other sports I'll just catch highlights on Sportscenter.

Back