NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think most of the midwest is :lol

Yeah I know but my point was the choice for the Superbowl. Good think its not in NY this year, but I a going to laugh when this happens and they have to cancel the SB the year its in NY.

Yeah I know but my point was the choice for the Superbowl. Good think its not in NY this year, but I a going to laugh when this happens and they have to cancel the SB the year its in NY.

Why have it in fair weather or a dome every year? That has always been a dumb stipulation, and it's great there's a chance of a snowy SB, so the real fans can get tickets easier over all the big stars and rich snobs.

Why have it in fair weather or a dome every year? That has always been a dumb stipulation, and it's great there's a chance of a snowy SB, so the real fans can get tickets easier over all the big stars and rich snobs.

Well lets see what happens when you get a team say like Tampa and say SD in a super bowl in NY and its single digits and there is feet of snow. You think they the fans are going to show up , guess what a lot show up, so you want an empty stadium for the super bowl. Plus that won't change the prices much 17.5% got to each team in SB, 5% got host city, 1% go to all other teams, and the last 25% go to corporations, so its not going to help much since most are sold on secondary market no matter what.

What next we give it to Chicago how is buried in snow and has the WORST field in the NFL?

Well lets see what happens when you get a team say like Tampa and say SD in a super bowl in NY and its single digits and there is feet of snow. You think they the fans are going to show up , guess what a lot show up, so you want an empty stadium for the super bowl. Plus that won't change the prices much 17.5% got to each team in SB, 5% got host city, 1% go to all other teams, and the last 25% go to corporations, so its not going to help much since most are sold on secondary market no matter what.

What next we give it to Chicago how is buried in snow and has the WORST field in the NFL?

You honestly think football fans are fair weather fans :lol those two teams could show up to a Super Bowl in an outside stadium during a blizzard and it'd still sale out as fast as any of them have.

If your such a fair weather sports fan watch baseball, or stick with the indoor sports like basketball or hockey. Football is an inclimate weather sport and the Super Bowl shouldn't be any different. (Look at the Eagles old NFL Championship game where the fans helped shovel the field off so they could play. Enough said.)

I disagree, wasn't it just a couple years ago they had a very UN full stadium in Miami because of rain? That was rain what do you think a Blizzard will do?

Miami has the worst fans in all of sports. They wouldn't show up for ____.
Yeah but this wasn't just Miami fans, this was a Superbowl and not one where Miami was playing. This was the Colts and Bears.

Because most of the fans where local. I have to agree football is a winter sport play it once in a while in the winter. These guys make millions they can handle it and so can the fans if they actually let "real" fans get tickets.

Because most of the fans where local. I have to agree football is a winter sport play it once in a while in the winter. These guys make millions they can handle it and so can the fans if they actually let "real" fans get tickets.

Yeah but do you want to see the MOST important game of the year played in a Blizzard, or say conditions what is not all to uncommon in Chicago or even Pittsburg(see the game where they had to lay sod on top of sod on top of sod to make and it was mess and score was like 9 to 6 or something stupid and that was even with overtime.:slap

Yeah but do you want to see the MOST important game of the year played in a Blizzard

Uh YES! What don't you get about that? How fun would that be? Who needs partly cloudy and 75 degrees every time? Football you play outside in ALL CONDITIONS. Mud, snow, rain, acid rain, volcanic ash! Let's get dirty and play some ball.

I am perfectly good with blizzard bowls. Some of the funnest football-watching happens when the weather is extremely...uninviting.

That being said...I just got my Superbowl card pulled by my boss. I was set to go to a SB party that sounded like it was going to be a blast. But my boss told me last night that there is an emergency shut-down on a water pipeline on Sunday.

On the bright side the money will go a long way toward making watching the SB on my computer a lot less painful.

Yeah but do you want to see the MOST important game of the year played in a Blizzard, or say conditions what is not all to uncommon in Chicago or even Pittsburg(see the game where they had to lay sod on top of sod on top of sod to make and it was mess and score was like 9 to 6 or something stupid and that was even with overtime.:slap

It wouldn't bother me at all. Most of the cities that have a football team live in areas where the weather can get ____ty. People and the players need to man up and deal with it.

Eh, I don't like the idea of one team having something akin to a home field advantage, if a cold weather city team plays a warm weather city team.

Back