NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What to do when two teams you dislike are in the SB?

1. not watch? Naw, that's not gonna happen.
2. Hope most disliked players get injuries? (naw, that's trashy)
3. Do you root for your division even though the team in it is a severely hated rival?
4. root for the team against your most hated rival? (even though the last thing they need is another SB trophy :))

I wanna root for the Packers, but i just can't. (being a Die-hard Vikings fan)

I don't dislike the Steelers. I just think they have enough SB's for right now.

:dunno

Its happened to me MANY times over the last 10 seasons. I still watch and just hope for some cool plays and a good game and don't watch any of the pre or post game stuff and avoid any message boards that talk about the game.

It was a hard choice for me in the AFC Championship as a Patriots fan. I would never, ever root for the Jets. Can't stand Rex Ryan and his pack of thugs (Cromartie, Scott, etc...I'm talking about you).

As far as the Steelers, I don't mind the team (I'm actually a big fan of Troy Polamalu)...but I dislike Ben Roethlisberger. It bugs me that if he wins this Super Bowl...people will put him in the same class as QB's like Manning & Brady.

While I'm happy the lesser of 2 evils won the AFC Championship game, I'm hoping we see a solid game from Aaron Rodgers. Don't want to see another Steelers SB win just because of that Roethlisberger equation. If it was any other QB, I don't think I'd have an issue.

It was a hard choice for me in the AFC Championship as a Patriots fan. I would never, ever root for the Jets. Can't stand Rex Ryan and his pack of thugs (Cromartie, Scott, etc...I'm talking about you).

As far as the Steelers, I don't mind the team (I'm actually a big fan of Troy Polamalu)...but I dislike Ben Roethlisberger. It bugs me that if he wins this Super Bowl...people will put him in the same class as QB's like Manning & Brady.
While I'm happy the lesser of 2 evils won the AFC Championship game, I'm hoping we see a solid game from Aaron Rodgers. Don't want to see another Steelers SB win just because of that Roethlisberger equation. If it was any other QB, I don't think I'd have an issue.

thats exactly how i feel. i dont think he is an elite quaterback and the only reason he is good is cause he is hard to tackle down. im hoping for a packers win.

As far as not liking either team, just enjoy the game. I mean, it's the freaking Super Bowl!

Love or hate Ben, he lacks what Brady and Manning don't have ... toughness and poise. If Brady or Manning get rattled, it throws their game off and they'll make bad decisions (my case- look at Manning after losing most of his security blankets, and look at Brady's last three play-off appearances), and Ben has been playing with a broken foot and nose for over a month now. Though he doesn't have the elegance of the other two, he's a good combination of Elway and the good Favre with his mobility and ability to make something out of nothing.

Win or lose, I think the Steelers overcame a lot to get to the SB and think it's great, and unexpected, that they're there. (Of course, hopefully they win.)

I'm watching it too. It may not be "real" football but its still fun to watch and hear the players talk.

Papa John's is giving everyone in the country a free large pizza if the Superbowl goes in to overtime.

If this happens, I am going to take my three kids and wife to Papa Johns and order 5 pizzas.

Papa John's is giving everyone in the country a free large pizza if the Superbowl goes in to overtime.

If this happens, I am going to take my three kids and wife to Papa Johns and order 5 pizzas.

Doesn't work that way. You would have to pre register your entire family in their loyalty program. Check it out online.

magic_8ball_outlook_not_so_good.jpg

Wow! The AFC is horrible this year!

LOL...I nominate this post for the most extreme understatement ever posted in the history of this forum.:)

How is it possible for a team of supposedly the best of the players in the AFC to be so far beyond pathetic.

LOL...I nominate this post for the most extreme understatement ever posted in the history of this forum.:)

How is it possible for a team of supposedly the best of the players in the AFC to be so far beyond pathetic.

LOL! Its really embarrassing. The interceptions are crazy! They aren't even being pressured. :lol

I have been going between this and the X Games and it seems like the AFC is just going through the motions.

Announcers just made me laugh, they are showing waves and then they talk about how big the waves are on the north shore of the island and how big they look in person, but the wave they are showing isn't on Oahu.

Back