NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kick-offs from the 35 yard line next season ...... 2 things

1) Touch backs will sky rocket!

2) More return guys will try to be "heroes" or "make a name for themselves" and take the ball, that will more likely than not end up in the EZ, and try to run it out and end up getting tackled short of the 20.

This is one of the dumbest rule changes as of late. Honestly, what is the League hoping to accomplish with this? Like I said, TBs will go up drastically, which means less returns on KOs, which means less chance of something "big" happening, which in turn could hurt ratings with the casual fan.

Why not just put the ball on the teams 20 to begin with?

the league is trying to bait the players into an 18 game season

I think they should just play flag football here on out. They keep ____ing with the game and IMO are going too far.

Hopefully, this rule-changing trend can continue, so within five years we will wind up with:

25509112646mutantscreen.jpg

At least you all have teams to either root for or b!+ch about.

We've got squat in L.A. From two teams to none. What the hell?!

There has been talk of a proposal to build a new stadium and then commission an existing team to L.A., not an expansion team.

I'll believe it when I see it.

There has been talk of a proposal to build a new stadium and then commission an existing team to L.A., not an expansion team.

Do you not live in the STATE of California? Pick one!

No offense, but your city doesn't deserve it.

Numerous cities have had their teams taken away from them due to unforeseen(and unfair) reasons.

You've had two teams that have been ripped from you mostly due to lack of fan support.

As far as I'm concerned, you've had TWO more chances than most cities get in a lifetime. You're done.
:rotfl

No offense, but your city doesn't deserve it.

Numerous cities have had their teams taken away from them due to unforeseen(and unfair) reasons.

You've had two teams that have been ripped from you mostly due to lack of fan support.

As far as I'm concerned, you've had TWO more chances than most cities get in a lifetime. You're done.
:rotfl

One team, the Raiders were moved there and then back to Oakland because Al Davis wanted to spite the League. They said he couldn't move them there, so he did it just to show he could basically, and then moved back to Oakland for pretty much the same reason.

And with the Rams, they had solid fan fare that declined because they were drinking a big glass of suck.

And for instance Baltimore, they lost their team, but when the terrible Browns moved there and called themselves the Ravens that place went nuts about having a team again. Granted, they got all retarded talking about the Ravens have two Super Bowl trophies because they count the one the Baltimore Colts (yes, the team that's in Indy now) won in that embarrassment of a game known as Super Bowl V, over Dallas. Buuutttt, they go even dumber by saying stupid crap like "it only took the Wavens fiffteen years to wins a Super Bool", because they can't comprehend that team is the old Browns, and the current Browns are the expansion team.

And there's another city with what you'd consider too many opportunities, Cleveland. Their namesake (Paul Brown), got to despise them so much he moved to Cinncy and made another team (the Bungles), and now a Division rival plays in the Stadium named after the man the team is named after! WTF?!

The Steelers pretty much plays the Brown Stains six times a year!!

Anyway, just because a city had two franchises and now has zero, doesn't mean the fan fare isn't there.

About the only good thing about the Ravens is that the PA only announces the Colts as the Indianapolis football club. Way to never let something go.:lol

About the only good thing about the Ravens is that the PA only announces the Colts as the Indianapolis football club. Way to never let something go.:lol

My point exactly. I was at a Steelers game once and was talking to a Steelers fan from Baltimore. He said his friends called him a traitor for being a fan of their biggest rival, and he responds by telling them their team picked up and moved to Indy, so who's the real traitor. I laughed hysterically!

Such a good time at games, even with opposing fans. I've had nothing but classy experiences with all fans at games, so that thing with the San Fran Giants fan getting beat almost to death is sad. And of course the media run with it like this is a troubling trend at every sporting event now, and that's not the case. Hopefully that poor guy has a full recovery and they catch those guys.

And hopefully, no lock out!!!

OK...NOW I am stoked.

I do not get to see Steelers' games very often. And it looks very much like the stars are going to align to allow me to see the Steelers/Cardinals this year.

If not that game, I will have the option of seeing the Steelers/49ers. But that may not be possible due to my work schedule.

I am looking forward to 2012 already as the Steelers are slated to come to San Diego sometime during that season.

Yeah, it was his wife. She is claiming self defense.

At least there is SOME kind of defense associated with the Dolphins.

:monkey3

Back