NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ask the heat how well pre season predictions go

But the Heat had championship caliber players, the Lions have won what, 8 games in 3 seasons? They have the potential to surprise everyone, but not like that. If the '07 Pats couldn't do it, then there ain't a team in the League right now who can.

I saw Warren Sapp said he believes Josh Freeman will have an MVP caliber season. The big guy still has some love for his team.

And who's your other teams QB gonna be since Hasslebeck went to TN?

seattle signed tavaris jackson :rotfl:slap

I'd be happy with that type of season out of Josh. :)

Yeah, I haven't paid a lot of attention to Jackson the last few years but I'm thinking its not much of an upgrade. He can scramble better than Matt and with Seattle's questionable OL that might help.

But the Heat had championship caliber players, the Lions have won what, 8 games in 3 seasons? They have the potential to surprise everyone, but not like that. If the '07 Pats couldn't do it, then there ain't a team in the League right now who can.

for a team to go completely undefeated, they'd have to be extremely lucky

Jackson actually led the Vikes to a division title in '08. Granted, that was mostly due to AP's monster season, but he was still there :lol

for a team to go completely undefeated, they'd have to be extremely lucky
And that's the biggest factor that most overlook.
He should, really every player should feel that way.

Agreed %100, but 95% of players are realistic and know that's damn near impossible. Especially teams like the Lions and Browns, for instance.
:lol

And that's the biggest factor that most overlook.

Agreed %100, but 95% of players are realistic and know that's damn near impossible. Especially teams like the Lions and Browns, for instance.
:lol

They asked him about it on espn and he said look I expect to win every game so that means we would go 16-0. He said you can't go into a season expecting to lose games. He knows that it's a really hard goal for any team but he said if you dont have the mindset you will win every game why come out and play.

They asked him about it on espn and he said look I expect to win every game so that means we would go 16-0. He said you can't go into a season expecting to lose games. He knows that it's a really hard goal for any team but he said if you dont have the mindset you will win every game why come out and play.

To have a mind set to win or don't play is must, but for anyone to say they'll go 16-0 before the season starts is laughable. Everyone knows realistically that there's at least that 1 game that you take a dump and lose. Unfortunately for the '07 Pats, that game was the Super Bowl.

I'll make a prediction for the Lions - they finish at least at .500. The key for them is health and consistency at QB, whether it's Stafford or not. I think their D is a bunch of up and comers and will shock some people this year, but the O is their main point of concern.

Sad to see Ty Warren get cut today. He's been on of my favorites for a few years now, but I will admit that his productivity has been going down steadily since '07. Good guy, but with that and possible injury problems it was time for cap savings.

It's hard to believe that after today there are only 3 guys left that have a Patriot SB ring.

Back