Official Asajj Ventress Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That version is a translation from the cartoon Clones Wars, aired on Cartoon Network and created by Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack, Power Puff Girls, etc.).

The exclusive portrait is a translation from the Dark Horse comics (Republic) that were later compiled into the Clone Wars graphic novels. :lecture

Thank you for responding.

The heads yes, but what about the outfit? It is neither of those examples. Curious where it came from.

The outfit seem to be taken most from the comics particularly the Star Wars Obsession #5 Cover by Brian Ching

The heads yes, but what about the outfit? It is neither of those examples. Curious where it came from.

You can see a lot of the CW cartoon design in their, the belt, most of the outfit, just, where in the cartoon, she had like a grey and white ribbed pattern going for the belt and sides of the outfit, Sideshow went all black, possibly influenced by a comic design.

Continuing the quest for "source" material for Assaj...

Here's what Hasbro came up for her....this one is from their "Clone Wars" line...
1107303040_2a0661917a.jpg

And this one is the Geddy-inspired take from their "animated" line...
1107303202_d693e021e9.jpg

It's looking like Sideshow kinda went with a combination of a similiar design that Hasbro used for their CW figure, the Geddy collar and the DH comic "look" she has...

I am reminded about how much cooler she would have been if she had come with a cloak instead of a robe... I wonder how difficult a sewing job it would be to convert the robe into a cloak (ala Jedi Luke)?

The SSC version is wicked but I still would have preferred if the face sculpt was more like the Hasbro animated version.

The closest match I could find for the Asajj SS outfit was this:

asajjSSclothing.jpg

Pretty close on the skirt and belt, almost on the shirt and collar. I'm guessing this was the picture they decided on for reference.

Yup ! Certainly looks like it. I'm a bit gutted that I couldn't get the exclusive, I am getting the regular but in probably about 6-7 weeks ! :(
( one of the curses of living in the UK ).

My biggest (well, ONLY) gripe about this figure:

She's not a Sith! :banghead

It says "Dark Side Disciple" on the box. Not sure exactly what requirements there are to be a Sith -- I know to be a Sith Lord there can be 'only two'... and you have to kill someone to graduate.... but certainly she's as close as you can get without being a Darth.

There must be some way to quanitfy being Sith, and not just the eyes because Dooku never had them and he was a Dark Lord.

Back