Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cute but a pass for me. I wish they would release some of these as clothing sets vs. entirely new figures. Too repetitive for me (not to mention expensive), as I want the young Hogwarts versions of the trio. I imagine we'll get a standard Hogwarts outfit Draco as well.

They look awesome! Now just waiting on the price...

Also, anyone else see the Fantastic Beasts post on Star Ace FB page? Is that a hint they have the license to make figures from it?

I think they're just posting general HP news. They posted about WB Studio tour at one point, and I think the play even.

$380 for this set seems like an okay price I guess. It is nice there is a $20 discount for buying the set. As I said earlier though... young singles were $185.... these really should have been the same with the set being $360. I still am getting it though. Probably my only complaint on these is the price looking through the pictures. Even then.. it is only $20 more.... and they seem to deliver on the kids.... so I expect these to be as good as Harry and Ron and look forward to geting these guys in hand!

Anyone else buying?

Did they loose their master head sculptor or something? Why the sudden drop on head quality?

So it isn't just me. I was kind of excited when I saw the announcement, then went on the bbts page and saw a sort of close Malfoy next to Ralph Macchio.

I'm getting very close to giving up on this line.

You know me - I was (and still am trying to be) SA's biggest supporter.

I, like many, was really excited when this line started. Harry was good. Ron was great with all his accessories (I bought 4 of each - so I could set them up in different scenes). Voldemort was very good (got a couple of him). Mad-Eye was okay - a few problems, as pointed out. Same with OOTP Sirius - the baggy coat. Prisoner Sirius is bad - a waste of money IMO (I'm still fuming about that one, as you've guessed).

When you look back (and forwards) SA are just sliding down a hill of quality, whilst getting more expensive. It doesn't add up, but I assume it's because they're rushing. They probably had all the time in the world on those first figures - which is why they're so good. They've held back on Hermione, so hopefully she'll come out just as good.

And, even though I've preordered Casual Ron & Harry, Hermione, Tri-Wizard Harry and Snape - I am really not looking forward to any of them. Well, maybe Hermione, if they haven't Photoshoped her too.

I'm not preodering this pair - I think their outfits are fantastic. Headsculpts - not so much. Looks like someone got loose on the Play Doh. I'm not buying any more until I see in-hand pictures. . .

Sorry SA, but this collector can only spend so much on sub-par figures.

Seems like most everyone is ticked off about the Sirius Prisoner figure...but tbh I still think I'm going to buy it. Might wait to see if the price drops a little though.

I don't know about this set. Everytime I look at Malfoy, I am reminded of Eddie Munster. Sculpts are off some. No liking the Harry sculpt either. Will pass.

malfoy did have that munster hair in the movie though. i always thought that when i saw it.

I don't know about this set. Everytime I look at Malfoy, I am reminded of Eddie Munster. Sculpts are off some. No liking the Harry sculpt either. Will pass.

malfoy.jpg

I'm getting very close to giving up on this line.

You know me - I was (and still am trying to be) SA's biggest supporter.

I, like many, was really excited when this line started. Harry was good. Ron was great with all his accessories (I bought 4 of each - so I could set them up in different scenes). Voldemort was very good (got a couple of him). Mad-Eye was okay - a few problems, as pointed out. Same with OOTP Sirius - the baggy coat. PrisoneSirius is bad - a waste of money IMO (I'm still fuming about that one, as you've guessed).

When you look back (and forwards) SA are just sliding down a hill of quality, whilst getting more expensive. It doesn't add up, but I assume it's because they're rushing. They probably had all the time in the world on those first figures - which is why they're so good. They've held back on Hermione, so hopefully she'll come out just as good.

And, even though I've preordered Casual Ron & Harry, Hermione, Tri-Wizard Harry and Snape - I am really not looking forward to any of them. Well, maybe Hermione, if they haven't Photoshoped her too.

I'm not preodering this pair - I think their outfits are fantastic. Headsculpts - not so much. Looks like someone got loose on the Play Doh. I'm not buying any more until I see in-hand pictures. . .

Sorry SA, but this collector can only spend so much on sub-par figures.

I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and had planned on getting every figure in this line (or at least one per unique head sculpt). I've reached the point where I won't preorder any more figures, and am pretty close to giving up on the line all together.

Hermione is my only preorder. I canceled my day one Moody preorder after seeing in hand pics, and will only pick him up if there is a smoking good deal. Prisoner Sirius has terrible clothes and a sculpt that doesn't fit the figure... He is rather well coifed for a prisoner, lol.

The remaining preorders and teases all have glaring issues. I hope Star Ace listens and addresses some of them or my dream of a huge HP 1/6 collection is over.

Everytime I look at Malfoy, I am reminded of Eddie Munster.
Not a bad idea! I'd really like a decent Munsters 1/6 set. Not the rubbish one that's out already.

I hope Star Ace listens and addresses some of them or my dream of a huge HP 1/6 collection is over.

:exactly: I think hopes of them listening are over - I've not personally noticed any changes after concerns raised here. I'm absolutely devastated they're not getting it right anymore. They're now off my priority list - I'm fed up with living in hope!

I couldn't agree more. I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, and had planned on getting every figure in this line (or at least one per unique head sculpt). I've reached the point where I won't preorder any more figures, and am pretty close to giving up on the line all together.

Hermione is my only preorder. I canceled my day one Moody preorder after seeing in hand pics, and will only pick him up if there is a smoking good deal. Prisoner Sirius has terrible clothes and a sculpt that doesn't fit the figure... He is rather well coifed for a prisoner, lol.

The remaining preorders and teases all have glaring issues. I hope Star Ace listens and addresses some of them or my dream of a huge HP 1/6 collection is over.

I'm the same. I was going to order most of the adult sculpts. However, having seen the eye for Mad Eye and the fact he isn't padded out, I cancelled my preorder and holding out on a bargain. I'm still bummed about Snape. Hagrid is pretty spot on but will no doubt change (much like Hermione did). They need to get up to the standard Gentle Giant were at when they were producing the Mini Busts - loved them! If McGonagall (when they produce her) isn't great then Im done.

If people are concerned they aren't listening here at the forums, contact them elsewhere - Facebook, email, etc. I do think it's important they realize that people have been rather unhappy lately.

If people are concerned they aren't listening here at the forums, contact them elsewhere - Facebook, email, etc. I do think it's important they realize that people have been rather unhappy lately.

Pretty sure they'll be reading this - just not acting on it. Every time we raise a concern, they're probably too far along to do anything.

Back