Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But, don't you think we've had too many goodies? Don't get me wrong, I'd love a McGonagall, and I'm fairly sure she'll be before Bellatrix anyway. She was on their poster.

agreed. we need more villains and another female at this point, Bellatrix is a good way to go.

I'm probably going to get Severus, Dumbledore and McGonagall (I'm sure they'll make one), but I'd really be interested in Umbridge. Just to see how many shades of pink they could squeeze in. Plus, as far as HP villians go, she's by far the best.

I hate to say it, but I am very disappointed with Sirius Prisoner now. The more I look, the more I'm unhappy with the high price I paid (I'm having to modify it myself - why should I even have to do that?!).

It's also making me hesitate on the rest of the line for the first time ever, which I thought I'd never say.

Just a lot of money for a figure they've reused a headsculpt - especially when you compare them to other manufacturers and what they provide for the same money (I just got one figure for the same money that had a ton of accessories, three head-sculpts, and two of the best bodies I've ever seen).

I hope Star Ace get it together and produce better quality figures at better prices, because I'm not sure I'll continue. As much as I really, really don't want to say that. I just feel ripped off over the Prisoner figure. . .

agreed. we need more villains and another female at this point, Bellatrix is a good way to go.

True, that would tick both boxes! Promised myself I wouldn't get too many figures from this line, but a good Bellatrix sculpt would be very hard to resist!

I hate to say it, but I am very disappointed with Sirius Prisoner now. The more I look, the more I'm unhappy with the high price I paid (I'm having to modify it myself - why should I even have to do that?!).

It's also making me hesitate on the rest of the line for the first time ever, which I thought I'd never say.

Just a lot of money for a figure they've reused a headsculpt - especially when you compare them to other manufacturers and what they provide for the same money (I just got one figure for the same money that had a ton of accessories, three head-sculpts, and two of the best bodies I've ever seen).

I hope Star Ace get it together and produce better quality figures at better prices, because I'm not sure I'll continue. As much as I really, really don't want to say that. I just feel ripped off over the Prisoner figure. . .

That's why I passed on that figure. For the price they should have at least done a new head sculpt. Star Ace was just trying to get a quick cash grab.

What modifications are all needed on the Sirius prisoner figure?

What modifications are all needed on the Sirius prisoner figure?

Well... for me....

New hands.
Dirty up the sculpt and add a thicker beard
Weather/tatter the clothes
Feet instead of boots

It has a lot of potential to be great.... just needs some work....

I'm probably going to get Severus, Dumbledore and McGonagall (I'm sure they'll make one), but I'd really be interested in Umbridge. Just to see how many shades of pink they could squeeze in. Plus, as far as HP villians go, she's by far the best.

No love for Gilderoy Lockhart? :)

Well... for me....

New hands.
Dirty up the sculpt and add a thicker beard
Weather/tatter the clothes
Feet instead of boots

It has a lot of potential to be great.... just needs some work....

That's pretty much everything I'm doing.

I'll send SA the invoice for my work. . .

No love for Gilderoy Lockhart? :)

He's not a villain, he's a bad sideshow at a carnival. I did dig his duelling outfit though. Still, Umbridge's height, unique outfit and uber unique fun would make her a challenge for sixth scale but SO GOOD if done right. Plus, I can finally get her and McGonagall to duel.

Here's a comparison vid I did between the two Black figs. I really want to like the PoA version more, because that look is more iconic to me. I can't quite rule him out, but I'm definitely leaning toward OotP being the better version, in almost every way.

I'm leaning toward the PoA version since I hated OotP. I'm not even a big Sirius fan, but his prison look is pretty iconic.

I'm not even a big Sirius fan, but his prison look is pretty iconic.

I'm the same as this, which is why I'm so annoyed at this over-priced figure. I really should not have bought it, but I wanted it for the look too.

If SA bring out a screaming version after having got this, I am going to be so, so angry.

Woah, after reading all the comments, so glad I ordered the Phoenix version of Sirius now. Shame because Azkaban is probably my favourite Potter film and book - and I agree, his look is so much more 'iconic' in that one (why the figure didn't have a screaming sculpt is a mystery to me!! :huh ) Still I have my Gentle Giant bust of Prisoner Sirius so I think I'll be sticking with that! :)

Woah, after reading all the comments, so glad I ordered the Phoenix version of Sirius now. Shame because Azkaban is probably my favourite Potter film and book - and I agree, his look is so much more 'iconic' in that one (why the figure didn't have a screaming sculpt is a mystery to me!! :huh ) Still I have my Gentle Giant bust of Prisoner Sirius so I think I'll be sticking with that! :)

I would guess because SA knows their Voldemort screaming head was a poor reflection of their skills and didn't want to botch two head sculpts.

12219510_772634826196588_4965668200155361495_n.jpg
Just added on the Star Ace Facebook page

Back