OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

We need at least 5 figures, all displayed lovingly at once at SDCC like the resi 4 ones were.

But, I just think it would be nice for Hot Toys to start off the franchise with something like a sneaking suit, just to show that they're attempting something different than what Medicom and other companies have done in the past.
Aren't they doing that simply by producing awesome figures that will be worth the asking price?

hope to see some news soon

hope to see some news soon

I have a feeling that Hot Toys has been delaying their announcement of the figure(s), because there wasn't any further news of MGS 3DS, and maybe they're just waiting for Konami to give them the green light.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure that we'll hear something soon. All we can do for now, is keep our fingers crossed.

By the way, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before on this thread, but I really hope that Hot Toys uses some of Shinkawa's art for their box designs (instead of the in-game art renders that they've been using, as in the case of their Resident Evil figures).

By the way, I'm not sure if this was mentioned before on this thread, but I really hope that Hot Toys uses some of Shinkawa's art for their box designs (instead of the in-game art renders that they've been using, as in the case of their Resident Evil figures).

Damn your right! I did not even think about them using Shinkawa's art for the boxes. That would be amazing.

Damn your right! I did not even think about them using Shinkawa's art for the boxes. That would be amazing.

Yeah, definitely. :pray:

My sixth-scale collecting is stagnant right now, as I wait for news from Hot Toys regarding the Metal Gear Solid franchise. :pray:

Well, I finally sold my Tiger Stripe Snake. Honestly, I think that was the worst purchase that I ever made since I started collecting figures. Made a huge loss compared to what I bought it for two years ago (enough to buy a brand new Hot Toys figure), because lame Medicom decided to re-release it in 2010. A truly awesome figure in its own right, once considered to be a "grail" figure by many (including myself). It broke my heart to see it devalue as much as it did in the long run :monkey2.

In any case, bring on Hot Toys! :yess:

Last edited:

Thanks man!

Glad you at least managed to get enough for whatever HT puts out for yours. :duff

Thanks man!

Glad you at least managed to get enough for whatever HT puts out for yours. :duff

Thanks bro. I did, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss in the end. Right now, I'm just in the process of selling out some old stuff from my collection, and saving up for the Hot Toys MGS figures.

Good plan.

Here's hoping they go all out. Sneaking Suit Snake, Tiger Stripe, military uniform big boss, the boss, Eva and young ocelot to begin with MGS3.

Good plan.

Here's hoping they go all out. Sneaking Suit Snake, Tiger Stripe, military uniform big boss, the boss, Eva and young ocelot to begin with MGS3.

pretty good line up hope they at least do some of it

Well, I finally sold my Tiger Stripe Snake. Honestly, I think that was the worst purchase that I ever made since I started collecting figures. Made a huge loss compared to what I bought it for two years ago (enough to buy a brand new Hot Toys figure), because lame Medicom decided to re-release it in 2010. A truly awesome figure in its own right, once considered to be a "grail" figure by many (including myself). It broke my heart to see it devalue as much as it did in the long run :monkey2.

In any case, bring on Hot Toys! :yess:

no way, im keeping mine. i got the 1st run of Tiger Stripe and Zombie. I think they'll go back up since they're the originals. plus they're still badass.

cant wait to see hot HT pulls their sculpts off could be good, could be bad. fingers crossed

no way, im keeping mine. i got the 1st run of Tiger Stripe and Zombie. I think they'll go back up since they're the originals. plus they're still badass.

cant wait to see hot HT pulls their sculpts off could be good, could be bad. fingers crossed

Honestly, I can't see the old figures doubling or even tripling in value as they did before, since the prices have already fallen so dramatically. For several years, the Medi Snakes used to be the only high-end MGS 3 figures that you could find, and there weren't any other options available. But now, there's the re-releases, Play Arts, along with the announcement from Hot Toys.

It's cool that you want to keep your figures though. I sold my Tiger Stripe, but I'm keeping my croc cap Snake. I'm never, ever going to sell Croc Cap, because that was the MGS figure that I dreamed about owning for years :lol.

Anyways, on to the topic again. As for the head-sculpt, Hot Toys might go the way of the new renders from 3DS. But, I can't really say which version I like better. The old look is nice, but so is the new "Clint Eastwood Snake" (as I call him) :lol.

MGS 3:

metalgearsolid4coming20041110055234468_2.jpg

MGS 3DS:

metal-gear-solid-3ds_1285793599.jpg

both very cool, but i prefer the older one. i fear they'll do a more realistic approach rather than the Shinkawa style, but we'll see soon enough.
hopefully every Snake has a different Head sculpt too. i don't think it would suit every version (MGS1,2, 3 and 4) if they go that far..

its funny you say clint eastwood, i just watched "the gran torino" and saw Hayter clearly was influenced by Clints performance and put it into OldSnake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back