OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

1 is still my favorite of the series, i wish we'd get a remake or at least get the twin snakes for ps3. aside from those matrix-like moments where snake wall runs while fighting raven and some others i cant remember at the moment it was a pretty good remake and the visuals were sweet!

twin snake's was good but it was missing alot of classic music that psx verison had .

1 is still my favorite of the series, i wish we'd get a remake or at least get the twin snakes for ps3. aside from those matrix-like moments where snake wall runs while fighting raven and some others i cant remember at the moment it was a pretty good remake and the visuals were sweet!

In an interview someone from Koji Pro said that they didn't put MGS1 in the collection because up scaling it in HD would make no sense and the Twin Snakes is owned by Nintendo so that's impossible.

The interesting part in the interview though is that he said they are interested in remaking MGS1 in the future, but they would tweak the story and gameplay.

personally i think they need to reboot the whole series though.

In an interview someone from Koji Pro said that they didn't put MGS1 in the collection because up scaling it in HD would make no sense and the Twin Snakes is owned by Nintendo so that's impossible.

The interesting part in the interview though is that he said they are interested in remaking MGS1 in the future, but they would tweak the story and gameplay.

personally i think they need to reboot the whole series though.

Why would you want that?

Why would you want that?
As you know the series is very convoluted. Kojima wrote the 1st and 2nd intending for the series to end with that.

I think since MGS3, although the 3rd was alright, the quality has dropped. So with every installment Kojima has written himself into a corner (i also really disliked MGS4s story and treatment of Snake).

and to be honest i want more Solid Snake adventures. I wouldn't mind some stand-alone stories for the series but it looks like Kojima doesn't wanna do that ever.

so the simplest solution is a reboot, this gives him more flexibility and the foresight to leave space for sequels.

As you know the series is very convoluted. Kojima wrote the 1st and 2nd intending for the series to end with that.

I think since MGS3, although the 3rd was alright, the quality has dropped. So with every installment Kojima has written himself into a corner (i also really disliked MGS4s story and treatment of Snake).

and to be honest i want more Solid Snake adventures. I wouldn't mind some stand-alone stories for the series but it looks like Kojima doesn't wanna do that ever.

so the simplest solution is a reboot, this gives him more flexibility and the foresight to leave space for sequels.

i read this a while back
would have loved the second alot more

In the original plot for Metal Gear Solid 2, Liquid was intended to have faked his death from FOXDIE and was also to have been the main villain of the Tanker Chapter (which was originally supposed to be on an aircraft carrier).[13] However, this, along with most of the original plot, was scrapped due to tensions rising in the Middle East. According to character designer Yoji Shinkawa, Liquid Snake was originally dark haired like his brother (Solid Snake) but it was bleached to blonde by the intense rays of the sun during his time in Iraq.

No. Way.

Let the series stay convoluted, I'll still enjoy the storyline as it is. But, if the day ever comes that Kojima decides to revamp the entire series and change the story lines for the main games (MGS 1, 2 3, and 4), then he'll be on par with George Lucas' raping of "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones". That will be an insult of epic proportions to the fans (like myself) who've followed the series for over a decade. That's like Kojima saying: "Sorry guys, but the MGS games that you played are all wrong, so I'm going to remake them from scratch, and expect you to pay $60 + (again) for each of them. Oh, and I'm making Snake into a hot chick!!!!! LOLOLOL!" (of course, I'm just kidding about the "hot chick" part).

In all honesty, I'll stop being a Metal Gear Solid fan if something like that ever arises, and I'll be sure to throw Kojima a slew of threatening emails :rotfl.

No. Way.

Let the series stay convoluted, I'll still enjoy the storyline as it is. But, if the day ever comes that Kojima decides to revamp the entire series and change the story lines for the main games (MGS 1, 2 3, and 4), then he'll be on par with George Lucas' raping of "Star Wars" and "Indiana Jones". That will be an insult of epic proportions to the fans (like myself) who've followed the series for over a decade. That's like Kojima saying: "Sorry guys, but the MGS games that you played are all wrong, so I'm going to remake them from scratch, and expect you to pay $60 + (again) for each of them. Oh, and I'm making Snake into a hot chick!!!!! LOLOLOL!" (of course, I'm just kidding about the "hot chick" part).

In all honesty, I'll stop being a Metal Gear Solid fan if something like that ever arises, and I'll be sure to throw Kojima a slew of threatening emails :rotfl.

F'in A man.

Personally what I'd love to see next from MGS is Snakes' first couple of outer heaven / Zanzibar missions retold on current consoles. Though I'd say it will never happen. Would be pretty mad to release a game which can have the ending spoiled before it's even out! I would love to see that though.

No. Way.

The difference being George Lucas raped the franchises' already established cannon. Stop being a Metal Gear fan, that's a bit harsh no? also one could argue he already did that with MGS4 and the direction he's taking with BigBoss

anyway i understand where your coming from which is why my first choice would be some self-closed stories, because i believe those are his strengths. It could be easily done and doesn't have to tread on the already jumbled history (look at the Cowboy Bebop movie for example)

or even alternate reality type story ala Snake tales from Substance ( i ____in loved those) or Ghost Babel.

Really? With Raiden? Ending the series, with a game where you're not playing as the main character of the series, would have been lame. It was a bit dissapointing using Raiden for most of MGS2, but I wouldn't mind having some Raiden based missions in MGS4. His fight cinematics in MGS4 were :cool:

MG3 to me, might have been the best overall game in the series. I liked MGS4, but the idea of suddenly making Solid older was weird.

I think that the story for all the Metal Gear Solid Saga is awesome, (for me the best of them is the MGS1).
Like a fan of MGS than I am, I wouldn't accept a Reboot because the story is perfect and the essence will be lost, beside that Kojima wouldn't even think of that.

Like Platty I will love to see a Remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in this generation or on the other. :pray:

The difference being George Lucas raped the franchises' already established cannon. Stop being a Metal Gear fan, that's a bit harsh no? also one could argue he already did that with MGS4 and the direction he's taking with BigBoss

anyway i understand where your coming from which is why my first choice would be some self-closed stories, because i believe those are his strengths. It could be easily done and doesn't have to tread on the already jumbled history (look at the Cowboy Bebop movie for example)

or even alternate reality type story ala Snake tales from Substance ( i ____in loved those) or Ghost Babel.

Well, Episodes IV to VII of Star Wars were originally planned in canon, but the "new" trilogy wasn't (and neither was the "Clone Wars" animated series). Lucas added those movies in later years, and many of the things in the original Star Wars universe had been retconed. You're right that Kojima's already headed down that path with Big Boss. I mean, Big Boss used to be this mysterious, and mythological character in MGS, but now we know more about him than Solid Snake!

And yeah, I am serious. I would stop being an MGS fan, if Kojima decides to recreate the entire series from scratch, into something that I won't even recognize. Convoluted and imperfect as they are, the games are fine. Don't tamper with something that's successful.

Anyways... Hot Toys thread :lol. Where are these figures??! :mad:

Big Boss is cooler anyway :D

I heard something about them remastering all the games in HD was there a release date on that yet???

I heard something about them remastering all the games in HD was there a release date on that yet???

just MGS2,3 and Peace Walker which will be out in november,no PS1 game has been remastered yet,hope it happens though.

Allthough,you can download the MGS1 game on Playstation store(Because PS1 games doesn't work on PS3 unless you have the first 60Gb version) and check the PS settings on your PS3.You can actually remove the worst Ps1 square shaped blur(If i may call it that :lol).Can't remember which settings it is but i think it's called PS upscaler or PS smoothing,it definitely helps on the blur as i used those settings when i played through all the MGS games before.

I too would hate to see a MGS remake of the PS games,if there is anything they should consider making,it's remakes of the Old NES games,2 if im correct.

PS1 games doesn't work on PS3 unless you have the first 60Gb version
Nope. I think you can still play PS1 discs on the later released PS3's, but I think the PS1 games are region locked. So I don't think you can play a PS1 NTSC game on a PAL PS3, or a PS1 PAL game on an NTSC PS3. It was the ability to play PS2 games that was taken away from the later released PS3's :D

I think kojima retconning the whole series is the same as ruining it, right? I just hope Big Boss still turns into a bad guy and not the "hero after all" cuz that would be super lame, and in that case i would no longer be a MG fan :rotfl

a reboot could be great for the series. i remember reading that if Kojima redid it he would take out stuff like cloning and the whole Liquid arm thing. most importantly for me i think he should just reboot MGS4 lol

anyways i don't think Hot Toys is gonna sell these this year. just look at all the quality lines they've got for 2011 alone! i think its a shame for some of these collectors since alot of the licenses are must-haves for them.
i think we'll at least get a look at them and i hope they get em outta the way so they can get to the rest of the series :impatient:

November 2011 :)

Like Platty I will love to see a Remake of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake in this generation or on the other. :pray:
I've been hoping precisely for that for a few years now. Re-do the old NES versions with next gen graphics and modern videogame sophistication. Could be epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back