OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Man I can't wait till they make Grey Fox. Grey Fox is my favorite character from the series. Grey Fox is such an exciting character. No other figure will be as awesome as the Grey Fox figure. I just love it!

GREY FOX!!!!!!!11!

I don't understand how any fan of hot toys and mgs would even think that was a legitimacy figure of Grey fox!:dunno

..but they would capable of producing an awesome "real" grey fox figure.

You sound awfully cranky, did you forget to drink your morning coffee or something :lol? In any case, I thought it was "Gray Fox" from the head-shot that was posted on the flyer. I didn't know about the Iron Man model until it was posted up later.

Why does everyone...

Grey Fox:
1304358639_195115922_1-Pictures-of--GREY-FOX-FOR-SALE-IN-CHEAP-PRICE.jpg

Gray Fox:
200full.jpg

:lecture
Seriously ;-)

That's pretty much it. But, I don't understand why Kojima didn't name him "Grey" Fox from the get-go, since a lot of the characters in MGS are named accurately after animals.

Anyway, sorry for the false alarm guys :peace. Hopefully, we get some legitimate news soon.

In terms of different releases though there are so many different versions of Snake alone.
MGS1, MGS2 (incl Pliskin), MGS3 (incl sneaking suit), MGS4.
I think that is more of a curse than a blessing though. It is essentially 4 (or 6/7 if there is suit variations as well as games) versions of the same guy. I don't think the majority of people will buy 1 of each but more than likely choose which one they like the best of the 4 and then buy a side character or two. (I dont know how Iron Man can get away with 30 versions of nearly the same figure :slap )

Myself chances are id buy a Naked snake camo maybe and a tossup between solid snake from mgs 1 or 2 not both. But i think the tossup would lean towards the original aslong as the figure had the ps1 graphics charm about him.

MGS Rising Raiden i could see selling incredibly fast as well as Gray Fox. Shalashaska would also fly off shelves.

I am uncomfortable with all of my favorite looks for certain characters coming from different games though :-/.

There is the potential for some great figures from the MGS line but i don't think milking the snake character himself of every variation will be a good substitute for lack of memorable characters outside of Raiden, Gray Fox and Ocelot. Any others such as Solidus, Meryl, Otacon and Vamp i could see sitting around for a while.

I am very excited by this line though because if handled well im more than willing to drop a few hundred $ for certain figures provided they are being made.

I don't understand why Kojima didn't name him "Grey" Fox from the get-go, since a lot of the characters in MGS are named accurately after animals.
There seems to be an actual animal named "Gray Fox" (yes, spelled G R A Y) if you google it :D

Im about to explode here,starting too see pics from anicom and all im waiting for are some MGS figures :panic:

Im about to explode here,starting too see pics from anicom and all im waiting for are some MGS figures :panic:

hopefully we get something .

Ah... good Lord. I'm about to shart myself with utter anticipation.

my guess is its going to big boss aka snake in mgs3

I can hardly wait. This is going to be the greatest 1/6 figure ever. I love Metal Gear Solid so much. It doesn't matter who they release. I'll probably get every single one of them. For now, I hope it's Big Boss.

There's so many different Snake variations that it was probably hard for HT to decide which ones to make. Out of all of those HT announcements Snake probably has the most equiptment out of all of them so I understand why it's taken the longest to be revealed.

I wouldn't mind having Sniper Wolf.

Judging by Hot Toys current way of operating...

If MGS sells well and the secondary market costs skyrocket then we'll get 5 different versions of the same Snake (no other characters), so HT can pocket the money instead,

If it doesn't sell as an amazingly record setting triumph, the line will die after 2 figures.

:mad: :gah:

Snake is one of those characters that actually deserves multiple releases, especially Naked Snake. If I remember correctly, his camo even extended so far to darker skin not to mention the face paint too. They could easily do a DX styled release that comes with him in generic jungle camo and then it come with a sneaking suit and alternate eyepatch headband head. Then they could release another Naked Snake separately that has face paint and another camo outfit, preferably I'd like to see his Cold War outfit like Medicom did. It was really cool looking.

I'm sure this will become one of Hot Toys's most popular lines and MGS has more than enough characters and variants to keep pumping out figures for the next five years.

Solid Snake, Old Snake, Naked Snake, Big Boss, Sniper Wolf, Young Ocelot, Liquid Ocelot, Solidus, Jack Raiden, Ninja Raiden, Liquid, Gray Fox, Meryl, Volgin, The Boss, Mantis (comes with 1/6 Super Mario Sunshine copy), etc... My goodness the list is vast and these are all unique looking and important characters too. They could even go and do The End and the rest of that team if they wanted. They could even do the team from MGS4 too. My goodness.

Snake is one of those characters that actually deserves multiple releases, especially Naked Snake. If I remember correctly, his camo even extended so far to darker skin not to mention the face paint too. They could easily do a DX styled release that comes with him in generic jungle camo and then it come with a sneaking suit and alternate eyepatch headband head. Then they could release another Naked Snake separately that has face paint and another camo outfit, preferably I'd like to see his Cold War outfit like Medicom did. It was really cool looking.

I'm sure this will become one of Hot Toys's most popular lines and MGS has more than enough characters and variants to keep pumping out figures for the next five years.

Solid Snake, Old Snake, Naked Snake, Big Boss, Sniper Wolf, Young Ocelot, Liquid Ocelot, Solidus, Jack Raiden, Ninja Raiden, Liquid, Gray Fox, Meryl, Volgin, The Boss, Mantis (comes with 1/6 Super Mario Sunshine copy), etc... My goodness the list is vast and these are all unique looking and important characters too. They could even go and do The End and the rest of that team if they wanted. They could even do the team from MGS4 too. My goodness.

Popular as in people love it, or it makes HT a SH#Tload of money?

As for them pumping out variants, thats only HT style if they can re-use the same mould or it'll be the same character re-released with different head sculpts and outifts.

I want one of each Snake from each game before we get re-tools, but this will only happen if the line as a whole, not just one character does well.

HT will be taking a gamble on releasing different characters, i think if we're lucky we'll get Solid Snake, Liquid Snake, Naked Snake, Ocelot, Raiden, a Cyborg Ninja (MGS 1 or 2), anything after that is unlikely with they way HT blow through a license and move on.

It'll be a shame with so many awesome character not getting made. :(

I think the days of HT doing a load of figures like Resident Evil are gone unless the license proves to be a smash hit in cash form like batman and Iron Man.

I can't wait for the MGS announcement, i've been playing since MGS1, got the graphic novels and everything, this is one of those rare HT licenses where i will buy every single figure released.
Others like iron man i love, but not so much that i'll buy a character that doesn't appeal to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back