Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What counts is having what you want. I just bought 4 of these the other day because they were dirt cheap but neat little representations of classic moments.

img.aspx

My T2 collection would contain so much more, money permitting. I've had to scratch and scrape to get the funds for the HT figure! £130 collectables ain't the norm, for me. This is my 1st ever brand new HT purchase. The first collectible towards the £100 mark i've bought, that's for sure. Definitely worth it, though. Ideally i'd love the Sideshow PF and replica "Rosebox" Shotgun and of course the life-size bust. I'd love a broad T2 collection.

Anways, as I said, i've had to scratch and scrape to get the money for this Arnie fig, as soon as I saw the spec pics I was off looking down the back of the setee for some pennies!

Man, I want my T-1000s . . . NOW. I've been checking ebay periodically and they only have that one lot for Wave 3. My Toys R Us had the Terminator 2 Cult Classics Wave 3 listed to go on sale the week of May 9th but I highly doubt I'm going to see them by this Sunday. Can't wait to own all the variations. I'm even thinking of buying multiples to swap parts and come up with "new" versions.

So far I have all of them 6" and 12". My recent purchase was the 12" BD T-800. At first I thought about passing on it because I have the regular pescadero version and I expect HT to make one but I just couldn't pass it up. I love how they worked in all the articulation (especially that ball jointed head) without sacrificing detail or electronics. The only problem I have is getting his grenade launcher in his hand. I'm too afraid that I'm going to snap his left hand.

I've had one bad experience with broken ball joints . . .

001.jpg

003-1.jpg

It snapped right at the ball joint and was stuck inside the arm. I had to heat it up to get the ball out. I tried contacting NECA customer service but they haven't gotten back to me. It's been a few months now so I highly doubt I get a response.

I really wish these were still at retail in my area. The figure is perfect except that left hand.

I've looked on ebay but I really don't want to pay 20 dollars for just a hand. I was thinking that maybe I could swap out the gloved hands with the upcoming 3-D or Battle Damaged Terminator from Wave 3 and then just take it back with the damaged one but I'm pretty sure the Cyberdyne hand is unique to hold the minigun.

While I guess I could do the above and display him with the grenade launcher AND buy another one on ebay and give him the minigun, I'm still upset that it even happened.

Too bad, dude.
Never got any problem like that.
Posing and fitting the guns worked perfect.
Did you try to contact tankman?
May he can give you advice concering customer service?

Too bad, dude.
Never got any problem like that.
Posing and fitting the guns worked perfect.
Did you try to contact tankman?
May he can give you advice concering customer service?

Yeah, so far this has been the only Terminator I've had a QC issue with. I wasn't even rough with it. It's that situation where, you know the joint is stuck and that if you move it it's going to tear. In this case you have to turn it to get the minigun handle in his hand so once I turned it I could just feel it was damaged. I wasn't about to throw the whole figure away so I went through hell to get that ball out.

I'm not sure I know who Tankman is nor how he can help me. I sent NECA customer service multiple messages with the photos, info, an a request for just the hand but I don't think that's going to help.

I know exactly what you mean, but I have another problem with my cyberdyne.
His left foot is bended upwards and even with a blow dryer he keeps bending back into the same stance.

Tankman´s a member on this very forum and if I´m wrong, anyone, correct me, he´s a sculptor for NECA.

I know exactly what you mean, but I have another problem with my cyberdyne.
His left foot is bended upwards and even with a blow dryer he keeps bending back into the same stance.

Hmm. It might be the upper swivel joint and not the foot at all. Check and see if the zipper on the lower part of the pants is on the inside (towards the right leg) or the outside. If it's on the outside, that's correct. If it's on the inside it's just turned wrong. All you'd have to do in this case Is turn the swivel around completely and then the foot, that should help.

If the foot is simply warped, you can pop them out and possibly heat it up separate.

Pictures of the Split head T-1000 are up on ebay now. Looks really good. I love how the eyes are looking to the right like the movie.

Hmm. It might be the upper swivel joint and not the foot at all. Check and see if the zipper on the lower part of the pants is on the inside (towards the right leg) or the outside. If it's on the outside, that's correct. If it's on the inside it's just turned wrong. All you'd have to do in this case Is turn the swivel around completely and then the foot, that should help.

If the foot is simply warped, you can pop them out and possibly heat it up separate.

Fabia, Ijust cecked whether it´s on the in- or the outside.
It´s rightly posed, on the outside, so the complete foot is bended upwards.
So I think to try harder bending it with a blow dryer...

Re: NECA T-1000

That looks pretty good ............ so does it say if it'll be a 7" or 12"?

I'm guessing it's 7" but we do need comfirmation of this.

Diapointed it's an exculsive I was looking forwards to that version. :(

Re: NECA T-1000

I would assume 7" like the other 2. I hope they put it out as a 12", either as the SDCC piece or in stores, Hot Toys will not be doing this so NECA's the only hope of having 12" metal T-1000 in the lineup, and their sculpted look actually will work to its advantage.

Back