Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want NECA to make a T1 future Reese.

latest

Yes. Please, with this guy:

john connor.jpg

I still need to find some screen accurate saddle bags without having to buy another bike to get them.

I can't even see any full bikes with saddlebags that would be remotely accurate for T2. I think we'll be ***t out of luck. But then you did manage to find a black Fatboy for $18 so if you do find something please share (assuming there's any to spare) :lol

Pretty thrilled with this bike, it's a beauty, astonishingly detailed and it feels pretty sturdy

A few shots of mine. I didn't alter the bike in any way yet, those handlebar lights aswell as the side tail-lights have to come off. Today I was just trying to get the figure sitting on the bike as correctly as possible without any modding and I'm actually reasonably happy with it. He's still a bit too high but not stupidly so.

By the way, look at the neck on this figure. That's Arnie's neck. Puts the Hot Toys figures to shame with their stiff, detail-free cylinders with heads awkwardly plopped on top.

Last edited:

A few shots of mine. I didn't alter the bike in any way yet, those handlebar lights aswell as the side tail-lights have to come off. Today I was just trying to get the figure sitting on the bike as correctly as possible without any modding and I'm actually reasonably happy with it. He's still a bit too high but not stupidly so.

By the way, look at the neck on this figure. That's Arnie's neck. Puts the Hot Toys figures to shame with their stiff, detail-free cylinders with heads awkwardly plopped on top.
that's just beautiful! so much better in scale and shape than HT on Tamiya.

That looks awesome a-dev!!

I will keep on the lookout for some saddle bags and give a heads up if I find any.

that's just beautiful! so much better in scale and shape than HT on Tamiya.

It's so beautiful that part of me is going to hate myself when I take a blade to it to cut off those excess lights. I think it's going to take a while for me to build myself up to actually doing it. And although the bike should be dirty with sand I don't think I want to do that either - the shine just looks so nice.

I'm gonna say it, just like how I ended up preferring my NECA Powerloader over the Hot Toys one, I think I prefer this little thing to the Tamiya bike. The Tamiya feels so plastic and hollow like if I just squeeze it too hard when I pick it up the whole thing will cave in on itself. This feels sturdier, especially being screwed onto the stand. That said I'm not planning to sell my Tamiya, I don't know how I'd even package that up. It'd inevitably break at multiple points while in transit. I lost count of how many times I had to glue the handlebars back on so they'd be a likely candidate, and every time it's happened it has been more and more difficult to reglue them. And I worry about that whole front wheel apparatus.

Anyway, I fully recommend one of these Maisto 1:10 bikes. Keep your eyes peeled on ebay and amazon for a black one. I didn't get lucky with the price but nevertheless I do feel lucky to have gotten this.

Jaw dropping gorgeously bad ass in every sense of the word, congrats! :clap :rock

That shadow behind him on the wall looks like Galactus. :lol

View attachment 246900

The shadow is actually a warp nacelle of the USS Enterprise-B from Diamond Select :lol

That looks awesome a-dev!!

I will keep on the lookout for some saddle bags and give a heads up if I find any.

Cool, thanks Vector. I will do likewise.

Thanks, you probably know what I was going for there, that's him looking into the canal as he tries to find a way down.

Yeah, it looks just him. The bike looks great too. You might want to remove those orange lights later, but other than that, it looks pretty accurate. At that scale, I don't think you can get much closer than that :)

t3 fig.jpg

This is what I need from Neca next. I know they have their reservations about the film, but that is a solid Ultimate figure imo.

^That would be pretty cool. The full BD look would be my first choice though.

Yeah, it looks just him. The bike looks great too. You might want to remove those orange lights later, but other than that, it looks pretty accurate. At that scale, I don't think you can get much closer than that :)

I wish the lights were detachable but it's a cut-job unfortunately. Hopefully I won't cause any other damage in the process.

NECA really nailed the glasses sculpt. The profile shot you've got there captures something none of the HT ones have.

Yeah, the hair and general shape is dead-on. Hot Toys can't seem to get those things right. Also an advantage is the all-in-one head and neck sculpt. A similar shot with Hot Toys DX10 or MMS117 would have the gaps of the ball-jointed head visible and would ironically look more toyish than this NECA figure does.

Gaps are the real issue with HT, it's more Arnie's unique neck structure and not being able to really capture that without the head and neck being one piece, especially in T2 even more than T1.

Gaps are the real issue with HT, it's more Arnie's unique neck structure and not being able to really capture that without the head and neck being one piece, especially in T2 even more than T1.

Even NECA is generally going down the road of ball-joint heads now. See the Genisys T-800 figures. Not the most offensive ball-joint heads I've ever seen but I'm glad we've got the existing T2 and T1 sculpts from NECA because if they made them fresh today it seems they'd be ball-jointed and, IMO, wouldn't look as good.....actually that's not just an opinion, it's an objective fact - they wouldn't look as good.

Back