Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sense modifications on that T-800. Black T-shirt on Ultimate legs obviously but also different hands? And have you done something to the right elbow?

Those are definitely T-1000's hands and maybe the mcfarlane maniacs t-800 right arm.

I sense modifications on that T-800. Black T-shirt on Ultimate legs obviously but also different hands? And have you done something to the right elbow?

Indeed :) ,rip off grey paint from t-shirt, T-1000 hands with custom wrists-pegs for a corret arm lenght (if you zoom it u can actually see the right peg), for the arm just poped off the elbow peg and leave it semi-attached to flex it a little more, the shotgun is from the pescadero escape release 'cause is less curved that the ultimate one and also have the trigger, and cut it to make it shorter, minimal changes but gives realism to the figure.

Those are definitely T-1000's hands and maybe the mcfarlane maniacs t-800 right arm.

Seems it isn't the McFarlane right arm although I have actually used that on 2 figures - with pretty good effectiveness here for the ''Uncle Bob'' introduction at Enrique's camp:

but not so much here because I awkwardly glued the hand in place with the wrist at an unnatural angle:

Indeed :) ,rip off grey paint from t-shirt, T-1000 hands with custom wrists-pegs for a corret arm lenght (if you zoom it u can actually see the right peg), for the arm just poped off the elbow peg and leave it semi-attached to flex it a little more, the shotgun is from the pescadero escape release 'cause is less curved that the ultimate one and also have the trigger, and cut it to make it shorter, minimal changes but gives realism to the figure.

Fantastic, I love it. The reason I noticed the hands straight away is that I've also used T-1000 relaxed hands for some of mine. That gun-barrel gripping hand looks all kinds of silly if the figure's arm is down by his side. Makes me wish NECA did what Hot Toys does in providing alternate hands as standard for each figure. But you've done a better job integrating the T-1000 hands into the figure than I did - they look like proper working joints while also paying attention to arm length. Years ago I just glued some of mine and also inserted the hand too deep into the sleeve (like that Pescadero figure above). More recently I've just opted for blu-tack to keep the T-1000 hands in - like on this figure who really really needs a John Connor to interact with:

Last edited:
For a 2009 sculpt, boy do the Arnold proportions still hold up.

My only wish is that NECA, instead of simply reworking the legs to give them modern articulation, went all out and made the arms, shoulders and torso more poseable like their current figures. They're going in the right direction with their "Ultimate" figures, but these figures should pack a little more oomph. Would have been cooler if the Ultimate Arnold had palms, fists and updated articulation in the chest, shoulders and elbows instead of the sunglasses and damaged head. Maybe for T2's 30th.

My only wish is that NECA, instead of simply reworking the legs to give them modern articulation, went all out and made the arms, shoulders and torso more poseable like their current figures. They're going in the right direction with their "Ultimate" figures, but these figures should pack a little more oomph. Would have been cooler if the Ultimate Arnold had palms, fists and updated articulation in the chest, shoulders and elbows instead of the sunglasses and damaged head. Maybe for T2's 30th.
Yeah if they added gripping relaxed and fisted hands. As well as the same articulation as the new AVPS would be perfect.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

That gun-barrel gripping hand looks all kinds of silly if the figure's arm is down by his side. Makes me wish NECA did what Hot Toys does in providing alternate hands as standard for each figure.

As a company, NECA's early figures were quite peculiar. McFarlane was pretty cut and dry, they were sold as figures and had a few joints, but essentially their products were cheap statues that only looked good in the sculpted pose.

NECA, early on, was a weird mix, their figures were mostly like statues, same as McFarlane, but with a slight bit of extra articulation, why who knows. Pescadero T-800 is a great example, everything about it is basically made to be in a shotgun firing pose, the articulation allows for some limited variation to how you do it, but it's all made for that, and other poses look awkward, so it almost begs the question, why give such a tease of posing options, either go full like today's figures, or go statue where there aren't joints to break and the overall piece is mostly more stable.

Seems it isn't the McFarlane right arm although I have actually used that on 2 figures - with pretty good effectiveness here for the ''Uncle Bob'' introduction at Enrique's camp:

but not so much here because I awkwardly glued the hand in place with the wrist at an unnatural angle:

Fantastic, I love it. The reason I noticed the hands straight away is that I've also used T-1000 relaxed hands for some of mine. That gun-barrel gripping hand looks all kinds of silly if the figure's arm is down by his side. Makes me wish NECA did what Hot Toys does in providing alternate hands as standard for each figure. But you've done a better job integrating the T-1000 hands into the figure than I did - they look like proper working joints while also paying attention to arm length. Years ago I just glued some of mine and also inserted the hand too deep into the sleeve (like that Pescadero figure above). More recently I've just opted for blu-tack to keep the T-1000 hands in - like on this figure who really really needs a John Connor to interact with:
[/URL]

Damn!! you did a great job with your uncle Bob!! really like it, I think I'll give a try that mcfarlane right arm looks more natural than mine, and for your pescadero terminator u can try the double peg that I use and the T-1000 trigger hand really works and keeps the movility in the wrist, also try to make shorter the shotgun really adds realism:

2016-04-08 08.23.36.jpg
20160408_082207.jpg

My target scene was when Sarah wathces Arnie getting out from the elevator for the first time (in T2 :D ), I totally love this slow-mo scene!!!

20160407_220133.jpg

This in particularly i'ts molded from a neck of an endoskeleton but you can use a dremmel to mold one from any soft plastic piece, you only have to keep it cold.
The extra articulation gives you a lot of range to recreate poses :)
20160408_183407.jpg
20160408_183545.jpg

I'm glad they released that first run of T-800s exactly as they did. That way if any future super-articulated figures have too many compromises on the sculpts for my liking I always have the original figures to fall back on. The Ultimate T-800 figure disappointed in a way, though not for sculpt compromises in his case, rather that (at least on my one figure) the added articulation somehow made him shorter than all the other T-800s. But if they started doing new things to the shoulders, elbows, mid-torso and head - there's a chance I might not like what it does to the appearance (particularly if they converted to a ball-joint head, ****ing hate those).

As a company, NECA's early figures were quite peculiar. McFarlane was pretty cut and dry, they were sold as figures and had a few joints, but essentially their products were cheap statues that only looked good in the sculpted pose.

NECA, early on, was a weird mix, their figures were mostly like statues, same as McFarlane, but with a slight bit of extra articulation, why who knows. Pescadero T-800 is a great example, everything about it is basically made to be in a shotgun firing pose, the articulation allows for some limited variation to how you do it, but it's all made for that, and other poses look awkward, so it almost begs the question, why give such a tease of posing options, either go full like today's figures, or go statue where there aren't joints to break and the overall piece is mostly more stable.

As it happens they chose exactly the moment of the film I too would have gone for if I were making a 'statue-like' T-800 figure. I even think the face was sculpted for that scene specifically - while he's firing the shotgun.

This in particularly i'ts molded from a neck of an endoskeleton but you can use a dremmel to mold one from any soft plastic piece, you only have to keep it cold.
The extra articulation gives you a lot of range to recreate poses :)
View attachment 257557
View attachment 257558

Fantastic work, very cleverly done and the results speak for themselves. I might do this or settle for a single joint option if need be. You've given me the idea that I could dremel inside the T-800 arm and then just entirely cut off the sleeve (with socket) from a few expendable T-1000s I have, paint it black and glue it inside the T-800 arm and voila, a working joint for the T-1000 hands. I don't necessarily require a huge range of motion, my main issue was that the stock hands just didn't look natural in anything other than the 2 handed shotgun pose.

As far as shortening the shotgun - I never thought the shotgun was too long? I must check that in the movie but I'll do it if indeed you're correct.

Great!...I almost can see the neca's john in this picture :D

I know. T2 story completion is within our grasp. Please let our hopes (based on Aliens Newt) not be misguided.

Also I looked at this scene in the film again and he actually stands with his front more towards camera and looking sideways at John so if I ever get to properly recreate this scene ( :pray: ) the adjustment will be made.

As far as shortening the shotgun - I never thought the shotgun was too long? I must check that in the movie but I'll do it if indeed you're correct.

Thanks pal; I notice this shotgun issue when I tried to receate the classic movie poster with the bike, even if the arm looks in pose, the shotgun keeps looking to high, the proportions are OK, its because the shotgun is in another scale, don't know why, but is maybe in 1/8 scale, according to my calculations (neca changes the weapons scale all the time), the only way to make it look more accurate without molding a new one, is to short it.
You can see it for yourself, in that poster the shotgun measures about 2 (and a bit) arni-heads long, then compare it with your figures.

scale.jpg

Thanks, and yes, I know... I'm a totally freaky :D I'ts just this movie is so cool and te neca figures are so bad ass!!! and very fun to cuztomize... I just can't stop any more :) I still have to paint that shirt in a matte black, repaint the metal parts (zippers and buttons) and repaint the shotgun in a darker metal, will put the final pics tomorrow.

Excellent shots^ :clap

Thanks, and yes, I know... I'm a totally freaky :D I'ts just this movie is so cool and te neca figures are so bad ass!!! and very fun to cuztomize... I just can't stop any more :) I still have to paint that shirt in a matte black, repaint the metal parts (zippers and buttons) and repaint the shotgun in a darker metal, will put the final pics tomorrow.

:exactly:

These are the figures I wished I had when I was 10

That looks fantastic. Great job on the lighting too. Damn, you're making me want to copy that exactly. I too was trying to approximate that slo-mo ''exiting the elevator at Pescadero'' bit with my figure but yours nails it much better, while feeling like it could have been a stock figure - all articulation preserved.

Back