Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I tried to recreate the "mantis" pose (like a-dev says :) ) in the cyberdyne showdown figure, I think It really captures that scene:
Modified elbows
Repainted Minigun
Repainted metallic details in the Jacket
Add a fire effect
Add some shell casings
thougs?.

20160718_185948.jpg
20160718_140311.jpg
20160718_185952-1b.jpg
20160718_185420-1.jpg

Stefan can you give a close-up shot of what you did to the elbows. This is something I'd consider doing to mine. Also where are the fire effect and the shell casings from? Would love to have those.

With NECA getting into muzzle flash effects this is something they should consider

Last edited:
Finally found the reissued boxed endoskeleton at a ToysRus while on an impromptu road trip today. First time I've ever seen one in the wild.

Overall I'm impressed, I've never owned an endo before. It's a fun piece, though now I understand what people are talking about when they say that these things have trouble standing. Not impossible but not easy either.

Looking at twitter since nowhere else seems to be posting anything from NECA's display. I see Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000, maybe that Rosebox T-800 and the Terminator-based Cinemachines. No John Connor from what I can tell.

Looking at twitter since nowhere else seems to be posting anything from NECA's display. I see Ultimate Motorcycle Cop T-1000, maybe that Rosebox T-800 and the Terminator-based Cinemachines. No John Connor from what I can tell.

Yeah, it's the Rosebox T-800 in a traditional box. Looks like the standard fare we've come to expect with an additional head.

Kinda crappy for T2's 25th Anniversary if I'm being honest here. :lol

Terminator.jpg

John or the 1/4 T-800 would been nice atleast. Oh well, Returns Penguin is better than nothing.

Yeah, I mean obviously I welcome the rosebox and I welcome the new Motorcycle Cop T-1000 which looks pretty good even from the blurry pic. I certainly like the idea of having definitive 7'' versions of these.

But it's SDCC and it's the T2 25th anniversary and the only thing on display here that we haven't seen before is the newly articulated legs of Motorcycle Cop T-1000 ....errr. I know they have to hold stuff back but, if they have control over it, I think they've been too restrained here. If you've got John in the works or maybe a Pretzel Man T-1000, show them at SDCC. Failing that do a teaser for them or something......unless they aren't in the works in which case I think they've oversold their anniversary line a tad because figures like that are what would truly make it worthwhile.

That said, the new Penguin is a worthy reveal and the movie Turtles look pretty cool. I'm also curious about the 1:4 City Hunter Predator, I'd like to see that up close.

I don't have much hope for the T2 25th Anniversary line. Seems like something they were boasting back during Toy Fair, but, in reality, I bet it goes something like this.

- Galleria T-800 (rose box, articulated legs, alternate head)
- Steel Mill T-1000 (misc. item, articulated legs, alternate head)
- Battle Damaged T-800 (misc. item, articulated legs, alternate head)

So basically an amalgamation of the single 2009/2010 releases and the Ultimate figures in a uniformed, cost effective box without as much unnecessary stuff.

Who knows though. It's just, at the last show (Toy Fair in February I think), they said there was going to be more stuff and that there were big plans for T2 and to wait until SDCC despite the only new thing being Ultimate Tech Noir. Now at SDCC, the only new thing are a reformatted Pescadero T-800 and Motorcycle cop T-1000. If the pattern continues, I dunno about the end of 2016.

Last edited:
Looked at Toyark as per your posts in the DC section - no Terminator gallery that I can see - the display was apparently that underwhelming.

No, there is, but it gets even better. The Motorcycle T-1000 doesn't even have ball jointed knees, only hips. I'm passing hard on him.

SDCC-2016-NECA-Terminator-001.jpg
SDCC-2016-NECA-Terminator-007.jpg

Yeah. I don't want to be a ****, but that's an underwhelming showing for Terminator. Pretty lame when Sarah box is in there being used as filler.

No, there is, but it gets even better. The Motorcycle T-1000 doesn't even have ball jointed knees, only hips. I'm passing hard on him.

Actually he probably does have articulated knees because, much to my surprise - as I'd forgotten - the old one did. It's just very well hidden by the boot.

Actually he probably does have articulated knees because, much to my surprise - as I'd forgotten - the old one did. It's just very well hidden by the boot.

Yeah but it's not really a knee joint. It was this weird hinged shin joint that only helped "stabilize" the figure (and motorcycle and Steel Mill still fell over).

It should have been actual knees. You can even see in the sculpt by the folds of the pants where his knees should be.

knee.jpg

That's going to be a weird ass figure. Hell, one leg is probably longer than the other. I wonder if they gave him ball jointed feet.

Last edited:
In conjunction with the hips and ankle joints it should do the job this time, no?

He's what I expected really. Looks like they've shortened him like all the other ultimates - don't think I've seen anyone point that out to Randy on twitter and ask why they've been doing it.

The Galleria T-800 is OK but could have done with a selection of different hands, as we've said, the existing hands only look natural in the 2 handed firing pose as he marches towards the T-1000. Unfortunately I don't think NECA quite have that level of caring about the realism of their figures. And about the rosebox....ehh, I see no roses....

Yeah, but does it have ankle joints? I see those lines but that looks like part of the boot design to me (which are really evident on the Hot Toys figure).

Looks like the galleria just has a plain box that opens up to put the shot gun inside. You're right, probably no roses. In addition to that is the same pistol from previous releases, a regular head, and what looks to be a hall way backdrop w/ exit sign/door illustration. I bet that's the line going forward, with Motorcycle cop being the last of the "Ultimates".

Back