Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

Could that really be the case? Because y'know I kinda agree. I remember when I first got my 12" Pescadero it made the 7" feel more squat relatively speaking. I kinda thought the hair looked shorter for one thing.

I find that I like the proportions on the 7" Pescadero to the 12", the head looks smaller compared to the body on the 12", and the overall build looks bulkier and more intimidating on the 7". Not sure if it's an optical illusion or if there actually are differences in proportions between the two. I just know when I got my 12" Pescadero, I wasn't as happy with it overall as the 7" version, which surprised me.

Now that I say all this though, I'm sure part of his bulk at 7" compared to the 12" is the thickness of the rubber coat piece, I don't have them both handy but I think the rubber is the same thickness, so on a 7" it'll bulk it our more than a 12".

It is only the rough texture, visible seams and paintjob that holds NECAs figures back from competing with HT. The sculpts are right there. Better dimensions overall on Tankmans Arnie headsculpt than SS and even HT. The T-1000 looks incredible but likewise suffers from that roughness - apart from that its the closest I've seen to Robert Patrick in the film - especially in that youtube video.

yep, it is the rough surface texture that makes neca stuff seem a little cheap.

the only thing i don't like is their weird scale choices: 7" or 18". to me those are either too small or too big! my 18" t800 endoskeleton is nice (for the price) but he doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. have to display him all alone. poor fella :lol

Re: NECA 12inch Final Battle T800

Just crap phone pictures at the moment but I gathered together a bunch of my Terminator figures of different scales. The 12" Final Battle figure is in there.

DSC02015.jpg

DSC02017.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

DSC02011.jpg

smaller figures only:

DSC02014.jpg

DSC02008.jpg

DSC02007.jpg

DSC02004.jpg

DSC01998.jpg

DSC01999.jpg

My advice: Your 1/6th shelf is cool but clutered :) Move the 7" figures down and spread the 1/6th out more :rock

I thought someone might say that :lol

That isn't how I display my figures - at the moment I have nowhere to display my figures as such, they're default place right now is in storage or covered up somewhere to shield them from cigarette smoke. I only put them on those small shelves to get some photos.

When I finally can display them properly they will indeed be less cluttered.

Thanks for that link. JUNE!!! JUNE!!! I suppose thats a normal show/release seperation in time but dammit its still too far off! I want my T-1000s yesterday. Pity there were no hints about further waves beyond this.

yep, it is the rough surface texture that makes neca stuff seem a little cheap.

the only thing i don't like is their weird scale choices: 7" or 18". to me those are either too small or too big! my 18" t800 endoskeleton is nice (for the price) but he doesn't fit in with the rest of my collection. have to display him all alone. poor fella :lol

I love 7" but I agree about 18", too few characters get made in that scale and they're awkward to display. I bought the endo and robocop and I still find myself wondering why I bothered. Total impulse buys. And the 1/6th equivalents are of superior quality and detail.

But the 7" though I really enjoy. Relatively inexpensive, you can multibuy them if you choose and they don't take up huge amounts of space. I remember when I considered them 'big' - at one time I was only collecting Star Wars 3 3/4 figures and then I started buying McFarlane figures. I thought I had finished with 7", after moving up again to Hot Toys 1/6th, until NECAs T2 line.

Do you think we can consider it somewhat comforting that he only referred to the T-1000 Liquid Metal version as a varriant and not an exclusive?

Thanks for that link. JUNE!!! JUNE!!! I suppose thats a normal show/release seperation in time but dammit its still too far off! I want my T-1000s yesterday. Pity there were no hints about further waves beyond this.

At least we should have the Hot Toys figures in between to minimize the down time of our T2 intake.

Do you think we can consider it somewhat comforting that he only referred to the T-1000 Liquid Metal version as a varriant and not an exclusive?

One doesn't know. The terms 'variant' and 'exclusive' can sometime go hand-in-hand. One would hope its widely available as the chrome reflective figure it appears to be - back when we were all throwing ideas and predictions around I had a notion that a chrome variation of a particular sculpt could serve as the 'endoskeleton' of the T-1000 wave.

Yeah, many times there are figures that are an exclusive variant. The bloody Wolfman Mezco did for Blockbuster comes to mind as a recent exlcusive variant. And variants can also be 'chase' figures which means they aren't in every case and can be really hard to find. Hopefully this will just be like the Endo and just be the third figure in the wave.

APRIL!!! APRIL!!! Thats too far off. I want my HT T-800 yesterday! :D.....:monkey2

Same here, but as far off as April feels, it also feels like it's around the corner too. Still, if it is April, that's damn quick considering we just ordered it in January. I've been waiting for years since Sideshow dropped their line for more T2, while this is updates of the same so far, at least it's more cool T2 stuff, and I really like figures, and especially Arnold stuff. That's been the refreshing thing with NECA, it seems like a lot of T2 stuff focuses on the Endo, which is cool, but I don't need a bunch of Endo items in my collection, I care more about the characters that had performance and life to them. The Endo is a classic Stan Winston design, but it's pretty lifeless for performance.

I suppose we shouldn't really be wishing time away just so we can finally have our figures - it goes by too fast as it is. T2 is almost 20. I'm 2 and a bit years away from 30. 10 years on from that and I'm 40 and if those years go by as swiftly as the last 10 did.....thats really quite alarming. Anyway bit of a depressing tangent there :D

Yeah you're right about how cool it is to be getting the 'human' Terminator figures now. The endo has been done over and over but hopefully will be again by HT with improvements. Previously all we had were hybrid representations - BD versions where it couldn't just be a 'clean' T-1000 because that would be 'boring' and wouldn't sell to the kids. From the Kenner figures up to McFarlane's efforts there was no sense of satisfaction from any T2 line.
I loved McFarlanes figures but they didn't even bother to get Arnie's likeness let alone go near non-bd versions which was something all too painfully obvious whenever I looked at my collection. And vica versa if NECA had made a clean T-800 but no BD version I would have been annoyed by that too.
Then we had Sideshows figures which, to be honest, I find it increasingly hard to look at. Although these were non-bd human representations they came from an era in 1/6th where they still felt like 'dolls'. Some people on Spawn.com justify themselves not buying Hot Toys figures by saying ''I'm not interested in dolls'' - I think those people are simply wrong to label HT figures that. But sideshows ones, bless them, deserve it. They really do look like dolls due to the illfitted clothes, primitive overly skinny bodies and flat paintjobs. Time is not going to be good to these. Hot Toys will trounce them in 1/6th and at the smaller scale NECAs figures are possibly as good as it can get. Both of those are kings at what they do whereas poor sideshows efforts will have little more than nostalgiac value for some people.

NECA happily went and made almost every variation possible of the T-800, and out of those figures enabled me to make every other minor variation such as the post-SWAT shootout version which is essentially the Cyberdyne figure with the torso and head from the Final battle figure. I'm proud of that one, I added more blood to his face yesterday as I noticed his face was more bloodied from the fresh wounds in that scene. I only wish I had the teargas launcher for it.

Now of course we're getting at last a non-bd T-1000 for the 7" scale - its the most important one they could have made other than a non-bd Steel mill T-1000. I'm still hoping that will come later.

Back