Official NECA Terminator Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA T-1000

I think a canal base with some transparent orange flames coming off it would be cool, then maybe you could setup some LEDs underneath it to make the flames glow and then he'd reflect it.

Not a bad idea. Another reason why the reflectivity is important. We really don't want a matte silver here - on the 7" let alone a possible 12".

I won't buy it if it's not metallic, it just won't look right. Even without a base, maybe if orange/red LED spotlights can be found you can still make a really interesting display. I think the really power in displaying the figure will come from what reflects off it.

I'll say this, if it's as reflective as the prototype, taking photos without catching ugly reflections on it will be a pain.

Got my neca 12 inch terminator 2 battle damaged arnie w/ light-up eye today. it is a fantastic figure, can't wait for a 12 inch T-1000
to go with him.

I would think that, it strikes me as being made to make more money with little work, but I can't help wonder, why make the metal T-1000 an Exclusive, I would think it'd sell as well as any other T-1000 figure.

I think I can say, with some strong certanty, that the Liquid Metal T-1000 would be one of the line's best sellers. It's the only one so far that I had already planned on buying a few of.

I'm actually glad they're doing the Steel Mill T-800, I've got that semi-BD head from the BD figure sitting in a bag with other extra NECA/McF bits from figures, kind of a waste and I don't feel that head looks right on the BD body so I didin't opt to get a second to have both heads, the Steel Mill figure is perfect for that level of face damage.

Well there is a brief period where he has the Battledamaged arm and the phase 1 battle damaged face - when he attacks the T-1000 from behind with the iron bar. I'm using a custom McFarlane/NECA blend to represent this.

I wonder will there be any backwards compatability between the NECA T-1000 and the McFarlane one. Maybe the NECA head could be put on the old McFarlane body - might be the only way we'll get a steel mill T-1000 with a normal face. Of course what to do about the lack of a normal left arm on the McFarlane figure? The NECA figure's outfit seems to be a different colour so I don't think parts could be swapped other than the head.

I'm actually glad they're doing the Steel Mill T-800, I've got that semi-BD head from the BD figure sitting in a bag with other extra NECA/McF bits from figures, kind of a waste and I don't feel that head looks right on the BD body so I didin't opt to get a second to have both heads, the Steel Mill figure is perfect for that level of face damage.

Pop the Movie Maniac figures head off and put the Neca head on there!

The McFarlane T-800 is fantastic with the NECA head. Its one of my favourite figures in my collection now that it looks like Arnie at long last. And the NECA steel mill figure will only be able to approximate the pose that the McFarlane one has. The pistol arm won't bend tight enough.

Back to the T-1000, I'm hoping to find away to mod one of my 2 McFarlane ones with a non BD Robert Patrick head and both normal human arms - I think the bullet hits in the torso correspond to Sarah connors shotgun in the steel mill so that'd be what I'd be going for.

The McFarlane T-800 is fantastic with the NECA head. Its one of my favourite figures in my collection now that it looks like Arnie at long last. And the NECA steel mill figure will only be able to approximate the pose that the McFarlane one has. The pistol arm won't bend tight enough.
Yeah. It completely changes the mcfarlane version when you put the neca head on. It's like having a brand new figure. I'd recommend it Mauly!

To me it's a waste to buy the McF and do customization on it, when for probably the same price, I can get the new NECA and not have to do anything with it. If I had McF already I'd put it to use but since I don't, it's a waste of money to get it when NECA's will do just fine.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rxei0T0DSZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rxei0T0DSZI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Terminator stuff at the 1 minute mark. My oh my they look fantastic.

:monkey2 Why aren't these figures out yet?

Also dammit I realised I actually don't have a McFarlane T-1000 to spare for any cross-customs with the NECA. I feckin' spray painted my 2nd one chrome a few years ago in a poor attempt at the kind of custom I've been thinking of for the new NECA liquid metal figure. And I sorta want to keep my other McF figure as it was made. So I'd have to hunt another one down somewhere.

Re: NECA 12inch Final Battle T800

finally got my neca 1/6 battle damaged arnie,
i love it, a great likeness, thanks neca.

I don't know, before Hot Toys announced a T2 line, I'd have figured we'd see 12" T-1000 for sure. now not so sure and not just because of Hot Toys.

We've seen 3 T-1000 figures shown, and one rumored to be an Exclusive, so really, 2 mass released T-1000s tentatively.

Counting the 2 shown off at Toy Fair, NECA's committed to 6 different T-800 figures. They're really showing that they feel T-800's a winner and T-1000 is sort of necessary not going to be a big hit in their eyes. Sucks, but if T-1000 only gets 2 main stream 7" releases, I'm thinking that attitude plus HT now doing T2 figures could mean slim chance of a 12" NECA T-1000. It seemed like the BD T-800 was a project to get out, I'm just not feeling very confident they'll deem T-1000 worth whatever efforts he'd take.

Back