Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridley still won. :lol

He made you talk, he made you discuss, he won and he's still winning.

22715466.jpg

Ridley always wins, right...

Confused as to why Ramatroll is posting the same crap on every single page when he clearly doesn't like the movie at all.

Because he is actually Ridley Scott and he's making people think, discuss, and argue about the film.

Sure he did. Just like everything in life, no matter how insignificant or crappy makes you talk and discuss. I guess everything in life is winning too. Sweet lord Mola Ridley's got you brainwashed. :lol

molaridley.jpg

No no, that's exactly what I meant. :lol

Doesn't matter if you thought the movie blew. He still got you talking.....:monkey1

Doesn't matter if you thought the movie blew. He still got you talking.....:monkey1

And that's still a weak argument. And it's pathetic to give someone credit for that like it's some next-level, genius master plan. Because it's not. Like I said, people talk about EVERYTHING. The Kardashian's spark more conversation and debate. Those hoes got you talking.. winning. :lol

What plot holes did it have Devil?

They've been talked about in this thread and all over the internet Ad nauseam. You just choose to ignore them, which is cool. But that doesn't mean they magically don't exist.

And have you seen it yet?

Hell no. And I don't plan on seeing it now until it comes out on On-Demand. Maybe even cable. :lol

Because you guys keep responding. Just ignore it guys.:ignore:

Best advice in this thread. Why respond to random morons who have been writing the same crap repeatedly for weeks about how they can't stand this movie, yet they have to keep coming back to this thread. :lol:lol:lol

And that's still a weak argument. And it's pathetic to give someone credit for that like it's some next-level, genius master plan. Because it's not. Like I said, people talk about EVERYTHING. The Kardashian's spark more conversation and debate. Those hoes got you talking.. winning. :lol

Hey now, I never said it was a genius master plan. I just said this was Ridley's intention. It's not so much an argument as a blatant fact.

Ridley wanted to get you talking, he got you talking.

I still want to know why so much was cut though. Perhaps it was for the rating. The 15 in the UK. So more kids could see it and what not.

We'll see. It'd be funny if the conversation between David and the Jockey which was cut, was translated too...

"What is the black goo?"

"Oh it's a weapon we created that mutates everything and turns people into Aliens!"

"Why do you hate us?"

"Because you guys are ____ing small and and dull"

"Why are the scientists so dumb on this ship?"

"Because we pumped stoopid gas into the air"

"Oh"

"Yeah..."

"That's stupid..."

"FUUUUUUUU...."

*rips off David's head*

:lol

They've been talked about in this thread and all over the internet Ad nauseam. You just choose to ignore them, which is cool. But that doesn't mean they magically don't exist.
Are you really going to blatantly lie like that? :lol

What am I ignoring? I've literally discussed about each and every "flaw" the film has with almost everyone who has stepped foot in this thread...

The only real issue that has been discussed here that I would consider a plot hole was Milburn messing with the Hammerpede...somthing that every other sci-fi/horror movie shares.
But even that can be explained if it bothers you so much.

Went in with low expectations, thought the movie could have been a whole lot better, there were parts I didn't like...I've been fair and unbiased since the beginning. :dunno

What am I ignoring?

Everything. Every single legitimate criticism/plot hole that's been brought up you've written off with some half-assed explanation (i.e. your own theories about stuff that's not actually seen/discussed in the movie) and in your mind, that magically makes them not plot holes/not relevant criticism.

You've been anything but fair and unbiased. But that shows how clouded your judgment is that you honestly think that. Even Celtic (a self admitted Ridley/Alien lover) has told you to relax with your "Prometheus is teh awesome!" crusade. That's when you know you're doing too much. :lol

Everything. Every single legitimate criticism/plot hole that's been brought up you've written off with some half-assed explanation (i.e. your own theories about stuff that's not actually seen/discussed in the movie) and in your mind, that magically makes them not plot holes/not relevant criticism.

You've been anything but fair and unbiased. But that shows how clouded your judgment is that you honestly think that. Even Celtic (a self admitted Ridley/Alien lover) has told you to relax with your "Prometheus is teh awesome!" crusade. That's when you know you're doing too much. :lol
Well, I can't understand why you would think this.

I honestly am not trying to be biased..like I said, I didn't even think the movie would be very good. And in my last post I even agreed that Milburn messing with the Hammerpede was a very stupid and senseless thing to do. Didn't make much sense considering how scared the two of them were regarding the dead engineer bodies.
That seems like a very small issue with the film though, and I have seen the same thing happen in several other sci-fi/horror movies that are held in high regard.

I haven't been making up random theories to answer the "plot holes"..I've been speculating based on what we've seen in the film.

For example, the engineer killing Weyland and co.

People have said that him doing that makes no sense, that it's a plot hole/major flaw with the film, etc, etc..

I thought it was obvious that he killed them because his mission was to..well..kill them. David actually says to Elizabeth "To create, one must first destroy", (or somthing along those lines) when she asks him about why the engineer was leaving for Earth two thousand years ago or whatever.

Same with the black ooze. Many people have said that it's effects are completely random and senseless..that it's a plot hole/major flaw with the film.

..but yet again, based on what we've seen in the film we can speculate that it's a bioweapon used to mutate other lifeforms into dangerous monsters. We know that the engineers were going to Earth two thousand years ago to destroy us, we know that whatever it touches grows in size, strength and aggression...then Janek even theorizes that the planet is being used as a military base, etc, etc.

These don't seem like half-assed explanations to me. They're just conclusions I came to and thought were very obvious while watching the film.

I love Ridley (obviously) but this is definately one of his weaker films. I enjoyed it quite a bit but even Robin Hood is a far better, tighter movie.

I also see the questions here alot differantly then those created by Alien and the Space Jockey and I think the Blade Runner comparison is pretty insane. No way 30 years from now this will be in the running for best Sci-Fi ever.

I've been speculating based on what we've seen in the film.

They're just conclusions I came to..

:lol:lol:lol

A plot hole is a gap or inconsistency in a storyline that goes against the flow of logic established by the story's plot, or constitutes a blatant omission of relevant information regarding the plot. These include such things as unlikely behavior or actions of characters, illogical or impossible events, events happening for no apparent reason, or statements/events that contradict earlier events in the storyline.

When you have to speculate and fill in the blanks to make sense of a movie then it has plot holes. Most if not ALL plot holes can be reasonably explained by viewers. The answers might not be perfect, but they're usually satisfactory. But like I've been saying to you, that doesn't change the fact that they're still plot holes. The thing with you is, once you reasonably explain a plot hole you think it's no longer a plot hole/was never a plot hole to begin with. :lol

We all piece together stuff/speculate to make sense of movies. It's normal. What isn't normal is to outright deny that they exist. Which you seem dead set on. Which is odd because who cares!? You liked it, cool. Why should this movie having plot holes or negative criticism affect your opinion of it!?

I also see the questions here alot differantly then those created by Alien and the Space Jockey and I think the Blade Runner comparison is pretty insane. No way 30 years from now this will be in the running for best Sci-Fi ever.

If a poorly reviewed film like Blade Runner can be considered one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made 30 years later then a movie getting rave reviews from most top critics sure as heck has a shot at the same thing.

Back