Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count your blessings! :lol

Yeah, hard to say. Rottentomatoes lists a straight 73% across the board with regard to all critics, top critics, and audience approval. Many cult movies have much lower ratings than that so I'd say Prometheus has a better than average chance to age quite well over time. We'll see.

Bingo! :goodpost:

internet-memes-dumbass-engineer-from-prometheus.jpg

Agreed. I think Ridley has another Blade Runner brewing with this one.

Can't say that I agree. Blade Runner had a few unanswered questions and mysteries left open, which is absolutely acceptable and adds interest to the film.

Prometheus has nothing *but* unanswered questions. This annoys a large portion of the fanbase, so we'll see what happens in coming years. if they stay with the writer they have now, I can't say that I see any loose ends being tied up. A-N-Y. Good luck with making people wait 2-5 years for a sequel, only to STILL tell them nothing. And we all know that's exactly what will happen.

I will never, never understand why producers think ticking off your intended audience is a good idea. You'd think Hollywood would have learned that lesson hard after Catwoman-In-Name-Only.

Yeah, making you think is a ____ move.

And don't say you can't think without answers. Still makes you think. Even if you hated it. The movie did it's job.

Yeah, making you think is a ____ move.

And don't say you can't think without answers. Still makes you think. Even if you hated it. The movie did it's job.

Did I not just get done basically saying that thought-provoking movies a la Blade Runner are good? I could swear that I did.

I totally reject the idea, oft' repeated in this thread, that "if you did not like this film, then obviously you should just go watch Tom and Jerry cartoons because that is the level you are on!"

Uhhh..... no. Films that make you think, are good. Films that make you think "WTF was that, not one single plot-point was carried to its conclusion," bad. Prometheus is like a vending-machine that just keeps spitting your dollar bill back at you. You keep feeding that bill back in and back in, but you never get a single thing back for all your trouble.

Evidently that is "good storytelling." Ok, have at it. *throws hands into the air*

But it still made you think. Doesn't matter if there's no end result. Your brain still went..."Well...what the? Why did so and so do this, was it because of this and this? Did that and that have something to do with this?"

And it made you argue. And it made you discuss. Ridley Scott wins.

But it still made you think. Doesn't matter if there's no end result. Your brain still went..."Well...what the? Why did so and so do this, was it because of this and this? Did that and that have something to do with this?"

Ridley Scott will always win and will always be a winner, but sometimes winners fail and their failures inspire winning conversations. Sort of like how the Jockey gets dissolved by ingesting space goo only to provide the building blocks for life later on.

Let's consider it a work of art even. If given a piece of minimalist art that could mean anything to anyone as opposed to a work by Carravaggio, who would you give credit for being the greater artist?

Can't say that I agree. Blade Runner had a few unanswered questions and mysteries left open, which is absolutely acceptable and adds interest to the film.

Prometheus has nothing *but* unanswered questions. This annoys a large portion of the fanbase, so we'll see what happens in coming years.

According to rottentomatoes.com only 18% of the audience was "annoyed" by the film. Certainly not enough to prevent it from becoming the next Blade Runner. We'll see.

Worst. Argument. Ever.

Confused as to why Ramatroll is posting the same crap on every single page when he clearly doesn't like the movie at all.

Back