Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I said was that if they are netting $165M in box office sales that would cover the entire production budget and marketing costs of up to $35M, not all of those costs.

I know. But regardless, it lost money.

why are they even talking about making a sequel? It wouldn't make much sense if they lost a lot of money on this project.

We discussed this earlier in here. It's getting a sequel because Ridley Scott is attached to it. If not for him, it would be dead in the water. Same reason Fox decided to let Robert Rodriguez rape the Predator franchise again even though his first attempt failed miserably.

I'm sure they are going to have additional revenue on the Blu-Ray and DVD sales that will boost the overall numbers.

Depends on how you define that since Fox is gonna have to pay for manufacturing, distribution, marketing, etc. for all that and that cost will have to be added to the gross/net loss from the movie and then the movie will have to make up all BEFORE it actually makes them money. I have no doubt they make some bread off of it in the end.. but no studio in Hollywood aims for that. They wanna be successful in the domestic box office and then everything after that is icing on the cake. So no matter how you slice it, it failed.

If they do a sequel, I pray Damon isn't attached. If he is, there will be time travel involved, mark my words. :lol

thank God....
I really hate that guy, I hate everything he writes...

Who the hell is that in your sig?

tumblr_lf5scbhNav1qf8yek.gif

Yeah, I think those pics are from cinefex magazine, a couple were floating around a good while ago, but that close up is excellent. I think the movie needed something this weird and creepy at this point in the narrative, should have left it in I think.

Back