Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. It's better than the dumb zombie we got.

I still find the entire sequence unnecessary, though.

Yes, it seemed to be wedged in, just to get a little bit of action in there.
Terrible structure for such a simplistic narrative. I still enjoyed it visually though.

This looks like a zombie just as much as what we got...but with a bubble on his head. And how could anyone NOT enjoy the fifield slaughter scene?

It didn't seem "wedged in" whatsoever. It was just another scene ffs. :dunno

Alternate digital creature Fifield:

1-prometheus-08-27-12.jpeg

3-prometheus-08-27-12.jpeg

2-prometheus-08-27-12.jpeg

Source: https://www.chud.com/105254/alterna...ng-scene-and-an-alternate-prometheus-monster/

This looks so much better! Much better than the zombie crap we ended up getting! Ridley, just what the hell were you thinking?! :mad:

I never saw Prometheus at the cinema, which is strange seeing as I'm such a big fan of Alien. I'm really looking forward to seeing this on Blu-Ray.

Been checking out some reviews, it seems pretty divided but more on the positive side?

If you don't expect much, and can accept that things don't make sense for no real reason, and that most of it is up to you....then you might enjoy it.

so the story essentially makes no sense is that what you are saying?

that is completely not true, at all,

the movie feels very much like Alien, the first half at least does, watching Prometheus brought me back to watching Alien, Of course there are differences, the plot is different of course...
but this was like Watching Alien again for me, at least in some parts,

the story does have plot holes, but you can understand the main idea, people go to planet, people investigate, people get attacked, like I said, Alien.

I enjoyed the movie a lot,
I saw it for 1 dollar at my local Cheap theater, it was amazing, I really feel lucky I saw it on the big screen, it was really amazing to watch,
I can just imagine how the 3D was,
the story does have a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of stupid plot holes,
but it is not as bad, I really loved it, visually, and the character of David, he was amazing

that is completely not true, at all,

the movie feels very much like Alien, the first half at least does, watching Prometheus brought me back to watching Alien, Of course there are differences, the plot is different of course...
but this was like Watching Alien again for me, at least in some parts,

the story does have plot holes, but you can understand the main idea, people go to planet, people investigate, people get attacked, like I said, Alien.

I enjoyed the movie a lot,
I saw it for 1 dollar at my local Cheap theater, it was amazing, I really feel lucky I saw it on the big screen, it was really amazing to watch,
I can just imagine how the 3D was,
the story does have a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of stupid plot holes,
but it is not as bad, I really loved it, visually, and the character of David, he was amazing

That's good to hear! I'll reserve judgement until I have seen it myself. It's not out here until October, but I will be sure to post my thoughts when I do see it!

That's good to hear! I'll reserve judgement until I have seen it myself. It's not out here until October, but I will be sure to post my thoughts when I do see it!

you might end up hating it, my cousin is a huge fan of alien, I thought she would like this one, she really hated it,

but the plot is really easy to understand, too easy actually,

the problem is the huge plot holes, the stupid decisions made by the characters that make no sense, and the lack of a good ending, too many questions are raised

Back