Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not even random. It makes perfect sense in the context of the scene. The little girl is tripping some serious balls.

Show is great. And some of the most beautiful animation on Television.

He had acid burns from the uhh...acid blood that was sprayed on his face. How is that hard to understand?
And his head was elongating from the black alien goo. He was mutating. Pretty simple.

He's turning into a monster. A killing machine...that's what the black ooze does..that's what it's purpose was. It's a weapon.

If Fifield hadn't been killed I'm sure he would have started raping and impregnating all of the people he killed with some other ****ed up alien mutations. Or maybe it always leads up to the Xenomorph cycle.

That is not what the black ooze does...

In the opening scene the engineer drinks the black ooze and sets in motion the evolution of higher life forms from the engineer's disintegration.

Problem is, when a human is infected by it, strange stuff happens to the host.

Yes, it is a weapon. Idris Elba even told me so.

How on earth do you know that what the first engineer drank was the same stuff?

Could've been the same liquid David put in Charlie's drink actually. Unless I'm missing something..there was the black ooze in the urns, then in the ampule there was another black liquid.

What Charlie drank seemed to have the same affect on him that it had on the first engineer..but at a much slower rate which makes sense because Charlie only had one drop.

This is why the argument for Prometheus being good because " it asks so many questions ! " is not a good thing.

Nobody knows anything and we've already seen the movie multiple times.

That is not what the black ooze does...

In the opening scene the engineer drinks the black ooze and sets in motion the evolution of higher life forms from the engineer's disintegration.

Problem is, when a human is infected by it, strange stuff happens to the host.

Theres nothing that proves this is the same stuff. Incidentally, before they abandoned the idea of an onscreen "space jesus" there was going to be a scene of them "weaponinzing" the black ooze. Plot holes, behind the scenes hijinks, or just a really bad writer... call it what you will, but assuming things in this movie just doesn't cut it, unless its for personal amusement.

Works both ways though. Isn't it an assumption to conclude (based off of what's seen in the movie only, remember) that there's two different liquids that look exactly the same!?

That's more of a stretch than the simpler, albeit equally contrived conclusion: That X-Files black goo effects different lifeforms in different ways.

Works both ways though. Isn't it an assumption to conclude (based off of what's seen in the movie only, remember) that there's two different liquids that look exactly the same!?

That's more of a stretch than the simpler, albeit equally contrived conclusion: That X-Files black goo effects different lifeforms in different ways.

the KISS method would be different goos, but I think its an equal mis match of all of the above.

After reading enough from Damon and Ridley, I started wondering if they knew what was supposed to be going on. :lol

The derelict has been found on Earth!!! :panic:

illustration-baltic-sea.png1346340714

https://news.yahoo.com/mysterious-baltic-sea-object-glacial-deposit-154845865.html

Well, not really... But still cool. :wink1:

But he's right. That's not remotely true. If you pay attention you can easily understand what needs to be understood.

By what? Making up my own idea of what the explanation is? Like nearly everybody in here does? Hence how nobody see's things the same way?

Its the same crap over and over. And its not because of us why we disagree. Its because the movie was way too vague or didnt bother to answer it for is.

It's not like you have to make things up out of thin air, the film gives you ideas. You get hints/clues...and you mold them into your own theories.

But even then, everything seemed pretty simple to me. :dunno

3532819_d1ba87f6a6.jpg

Come on Chaps, is all this necessary? All this talk of "that doesn't cut it" or "that's no excuse" or "that's not true" is a bit silly (IMO)

Can't we just discuss it, and agree to disagree, rather than trying to emphasise our own opinions to be truth and everyone elses to be completely wrong and bull****?

It's not like you have to make things up out of thin air, the film gives you ideas. You get hints/clues...and you mold them into your own theories.

But even then, everything seemed pretty simple to me. :dunno

That's the point Kiva is making.

It all seems simple and easy to understand to YOU because you're the one making it up, in YOUR mind, for YOURSELF. Just like to someone else who comes up with their own theories/plot it seems simple and easy to understand to THEM.

The catch?

You two disagree. :lol:lol:lol:rotfl

Which in and of itself proves there's nothing to "get" and no coherent, cohesive plot. Since so many people claim to "get it" yet they come up with completely differing explanations. Which shouldn't be the case.

^ Exactly. There is nothing to get. It's up to you.

I liked that. But that's just me. It's not something I advocate, or like in films...but since this is a film in a series I know a ton about, it wasn't hard for me to play around in what Ridley set up.

I'm not making any of it up really. They're just conclusions I come to based on what is shown to me in the movie. And I think they're VERY obvious conclusions that everyone should understand.

You act like if Ridley Scott doesn't pause the movie and tell you what's happening..it's a plot hole. Why can't we use our brains...this isn't just a "Prometheus" thing. It's a "movie" thing.

I know that Charlie and Elizabeth are in a relationship early on because I see them holding hands...and he calls her "baby" after they awake from cryo-sleep. Do you see how that works? Am I 100% sure they're a couple? No...so is that a plot hole?

In Star Wars, I hear Luke call Owen "uncle Owen"...so I assume he's Luke's uncle. But I guess I don't really know for sure, right? Is that a plot hole?

In Aliens, I see Apone commanding the marines when they awake from cryo-sleep...so I assume he's in charge of them. And oh looky! He is. Oh well I guess I don't really know for sure, do I? I'm just basing that on what I saw and heard in the film...James Cameron never paused the movie and said "Lar'ja, Apone is in command of the marines".

Maybe Apone was actually an alien? Maybe a robot? Maybe an alien robot? From the year 485738835? Who ate a magical blueberry that he found in a volcano on mars which transported him to another dimension where he....blah blah blah. HE COULD BE, RIGHT?

But for some reason..I just think it's more likely that he was simply a normal guy...the sergeant of their squad. At least, that's the conclusion I came to based on what I saw in the film...

In Prometheus, I see the black ooze turning everything it touches into a killing machine...I see thousands of urns loaded on the ship...I learn that the engineers were originally going to take that ship to earth with intentions of destroying us...HMMM, I WONDER WHAT THE **** ALL OF THIS COULD MEAN...........

Oh wait..maybe, just maybe..the black ooze is a WEAPON?

NAH...that can't be it. PROMETHEUS IS SO DAMN CONFUSING.

Wait, didn't Cap. Janek even come to the EXACT SAME conclusion as myself?

For alien christ's sake..it's like everyone went in the theater with a blindfold and ear plugs.

I have a headache and am going to bed. :wave

Back