Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished watching the creatue effects part of the doc. Wow, incredible work! Many films wish that much effort was put into effects. Good to see Ian Whyte again.

The Deacon design is still my favourite followed by the Trilobite.

Ridley either A, thought i'd be fun to mess with people. Or two, decided later on that Vickers won't be a robot.

I'm curious who they are going to hire to write the sequel, and if Ridley will be directing it. I just hope the sequel isn't like Matrix Revolutions. Matrix Reloaded was interesting, but became way less interesting when practically NO questions were answered, or answered poorly with Revolutions.

I'm curious who they are going to hire to write the sequel, and if Ridley will be directing it. I just hope the sequel isn't like Matrix Revolutions. Matrix Reloaded was interesting, but became way less interesting when practically NO questions were answered, or answered poorly with Revolutions.

I'd hope that a sequel would fine tune the evolution of the DNA more. Prometheus was pretty much showing what happenes when you open a box of unstable DNA into an 'ecosystem' so to say. I'd imagine there would have to be some sort of evolution of the Deacon and Trilobite for example. If Ridley does intend for these films to be a starting point to Alien then the end of that evolution needs to be an egg and facehugger.

I wonder how they could intoduce more human characters into a sequel though?

Last edited:

Definitely going to be the biggest limitation and hardest track to conquer. It will be hard to have people attached to one human and one android, especially if she chooses not to reattach his head.

The 3d Bluray 4 pack dvd is an outstanding value with all the extras...love it

Definitely going to be the biggest limitation and hardest track to conquer. It will be hard to have people attached to one human and one android, especially if she chooses not to reattach his head.

I almost hope they don't. Unless it's only to further develop the Weyland company. Otherwise, I'd love for it to a movie of Engineers and Space Jockeys where we can get into their culture and learn more about them (from their perspective).

Won't happen though.

I'd hope that a sequel would fine tune the evolution of the DNA more. Prometheus was pretty much showing what happenes when you open a box of unstable DNA into an 'ecosystem' so to say. I'd imagine there would have to be some sort of evolution of the Deacon and Trilobite for example. If Ridley does intend for these films to be a starting point to Alien then the end of that evolution needs to be an egg and facehugger.

Maybe it's done through flashbacks,memories etc, maybe the alien born at the end followed them on the ship, maybe it happens close to the end by rescue party etc,aybe there is some type of communications involved with humans but no actual contact, who knows... maybe it wont happen and it's only Shaw,David engineers and Aliens...fine by me if it happens that way..less human is better IMHO as long as story is great...If the next film truly leads into Alien then it will be another "I'm dying to see this" type of film...I'm gonna see this anyway but that last aspect would just kill

The 3d Bluray 4 pack dvd is an outstanding value with all the extras...love it

Agreed. I've got the UK 3D/2D set and there's so much in the one box.:rock

Though it was James Cameron's invention I hope any direct lead-in to Alien has the birth of the Alien Queen.

There's still fans that although love the design of the Queen, hate the idea of the egg laying and would rather believe that the Engineers made the eggs as a form of bio weapon etc. I guess it depends on how Ridley feels the Alien lifecycle should work.

Seeing the birth of a Queen would be great though. I'd still like to see how the Deacon evolves though too.

I don't want a prequel that invalidates one of the best films in the series. If it does that it and not Aliens will cease to be part of canon in my personal view.

There's still fans that although love the design of the Queen, hate the idea of the egg laying and would rather believe that the Engineers made the eggs as a form of bio weapon etc. I guess it depends on how Ridley feels the Alien lifecycle should work.

Seeing the birth of a Queen would be great though. I'd still like to see how the Deacon evolves though too.

I personally think she is great, but it is a weird life cycle that I just can't get behind. Alien is one of my favorites, and also made by Ridley, so if Prometheus and sequels are made by Ridley then they all work for me (just don't mention Lucas and midichlorians). I just don't get how, at the time before they were engineers, the space jockey 'tamed' a queen to lay eggs. Plus it looks now with Prometheus that it really is the black goo that created all these. Maybe the Deacon mutates into the queen?

Who knows!

Last edited:
I haven't seen any interviews where he comments on Aliens much to my annoyance but apparently he does respect it. Dunno bout the others. I'm not sure he can really negate the other films unless he negates Aliens by ruling out the Alien Queen. If he negates Aliens then by extension 3 and 4 don't happen in his Alien universe. Now I'm more than happy to forget about 4 but not 2 and 3!

I hope the Queen gets thrown out. She's nice, and can stay in alien action films and AvP films..but she doesn't belong in this epic, gigeresque universe imo.

Something tells me Ridley will cave though, and the Prometheus trilogy will end with the queen. Uhg.

In the documentary Ridley or someone does state that one idea was that there are 8 different living biomech weapons used by the engineers, the alien we all know and love being one of them.

Something tells me Ridley will cave though, and the Prometheus trilogy will end with the queen. Uhg.

No. Please. Thanks.

In the documentary Ridley or someone does state that one idea was that there are 8 different living biomech weapons used by the engineers, the alien we all know and love being one of them.

Yes. Please. Thanks.

I need to finish the doc tonight.

I still think the original idea of the ALIEN taking the humans to turn their organic matter into eggs is much creepier than turning them into an ant hive with a Queen. The Queen/Hive scenario is something that humans can instantly recognize and relate to, the idea of a species that takes any organic matter and can use it to reproduce their species is completely "ALIEN".

ALIENS is great, and the final battle with the Queen is scifi legend, but it just never sat well with me after knowing what the original intended life cycle was meant to be.

Back