Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridley not using a Queen doesn't negate anything about Aliens. They're highly adaptable bioweapons. Just because one strain goes one way doesn't mean they all will.

Also, anyone whos watched Prometheus knows that Ridley bowed to Cameron in some areas, so he at least acknowledges Cameron's story if nothing else that came after.

He did. Him and Cameron were working on a sequel together for Alien.

Yes you heard that right. Together.

And what happened? AvP. They decided not too do it. So in retrospect, we could've had a James Cameron written, Ridley Scott directed Alien sequel, but instead we had to settle for Prometheus because AvP, and it's sequel, ruined the character forever.

And what happened? AvP. They decided not too do it. So in retrospect, we could've had a James Cameron written, Ridley Scott directed Alien sequel, but instead we had to settle for Prometheus because AvP, and it's sequel, ruined the character forever.

Once all the dust has settled I can see Prometheus being far more accepted as a true pre-prequel to Alien then A3 (I know this has split opinion) & A:R are as sequels.

Well, I meant the fact that he didn't switch back to the original spelling, but went with Cameron's Weyland, etc...

At any rate, I can't see Aliens ever needing be taken out of the equation for canon in my mind, but I guess it boils down to what people want to believe belongs.

Indeed, and slightly unfortunately.

I love Alien 3, I think it has a good ending.

But the AvP flicks really don't do anything good for the franchise. But Aliens is firmly placed next to Alien, forever. It can't be negated because both filmmakers agree it works.

Obviously it's peoples individual opinions, but I do think it can be an overreaction to say that a certain movie can "ruin" a character or series... Why let it get to you so much? Why not just enjoy the movies that you enjoyed originally?

I guess I can never understand how some people allow movies to influence their feelings or affect them so much.

I still think the original idea of the ALIEN taking the humans to turn their organic matter into eggs is much creepier than turning them into an ant hive with a Queen. The Queen/Hive scenario is something that humans can instantly recognize and relate to, the idea of a species that takes any organic matter and can use it to reproduce their species is completely "ALIEN".

ALIENS is great, and the final battle with the Queen is scifi legend, but it just never sat well with me after knowing what the original intended life cycle was meant to be.
"Bees man, bees have hives." :lol

And I agree about the Queen/egg morphing situation.

As Goose said, I think in one of the sequels we'll see something hinting at the Queen...I really hope the Queen doesn't become the big finale though.

Obviously it's peoples individual opinions, but I do think it can be an overreaction to say that a certain movie can "ruin" a character or series... Why let it get to you so much? Why not just enjoy the movies that you enjoyed originally?

I guess I can never understand how some people allow movies to influence their feelings or affect them so much.

Because it is annoying to see a franchise ruined for the next generation. And they know nothing. And the nerd rage goes super nova because someone just asked "Why weren't there any Predators in Prometheus"?

:monkey4

Not an actual Alien alien but something that suggests the idea perhaps.

Well, we kinda had a little of that already with the deacon. And I am, contrary to what I said before, open to the idea of an alien queen (like the modified strain etc) but that can simply help propagate the species instead of being the main creator, ie test tube baby vs natural birth.

I think Alien3 is a good ending as well.

I don't think it will be. The black goo is all down to Ridley so there could be alot of DNA manipulation along the way.

:exactly::goodpost:

I hope we steer clear of the queen simply because, for me, it doesn't vibe well with Ridley's style and what I see as the purpose of the Prometheus story line.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting that I expect Ridley to have a film revolve around the Queen Alien and the beginning of the hive on LV-426 - I only hope that he doesn't do anything to contradict any of that. Aliens is a good film, a believably follow up to the 79 film. It doesn't deserve to be cast aside like the AvPs (which do).

Also, anyone whos watched Prometheus knows that Ridley bowed to Cameron in some areas, so he at least acknowledges Cameron's story if nothing else that came after.

What examples do you have in mind. I can think of one the Weyland 'building better worlds' slogan which I don't remember being in the first film.

What examples do you have in mind. I can think of one the Weyland 'building better worlds' slogan which I don't remember being in the first film.

Also the whole Bishop being modeled after Weyland throws the Prometheus/Alien timeline out of the way, I think...

Back