Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um, yeah. :lol

tumblr_lz1prbi9qe1qcpei7.gif

What did you guys think of the revelation that it was apparently the FOX execs who wanted more distance between this flick and the Alien franchise (i.e. less Alien related creatures; facehuggers, eggs, chestbursters, etc.)?

Thought that was interesting.

What did you guys think of the revelation that it was apparently the FOX execs who wanted more distance between this flick and the Alien franchise (i.e. less Alien related creatures; facehuggers, eggs, chestbursters, etc.)?

Thought that was interesting.

Did they? The Trilobite pretty much screams facehugger and the ending is completely Alien related with the Deacon. Ridley must have got his way.

From the making of, I get the feeling Jon's script was more tight, and better, until Lindelof got into the mix.

I was standing up for the dude....but I don't know any more.

At one point there were wyrmholes and time travel, I think we actually probably ended up with a not so bad version.

Do spaceships not have any guns or missiles in the Alien universe? ala the phasers and torpedoes of Star Trek or the turbolasers of Star Wars. Just thinking it would have been much handier to attack the Engineer ship that way rather than having to take off and collide with it, thus destroying your ship and killing yourself.

:lol:lol:lol

You think the question "How much does an Alien Queen weigh?" = a theory!? LOLZ.

Last time I checked, it was just a question. With two possible results. If the answer is "not much" then that explains how Ripley was able to not be ripped apart by the weight of the Queen. If the answer is "A LOT" then it's a contrived scenario. Neither requires me or anyone else to come up with a theory.

That's in stark contrast to what you do. When people point out flaws/plot holes in Prometheus you come up with so much BS that's 100% in your noggin and NOT in the film that you should actually get a writing credit for this flick. I think you've written more of this movie in your head than Spaihts or Lindelof provided in the form of a script.

:lol:lol:lol
So basically, it's never explained how much the Queen weighs or how Ripley could withstand that. According to your logic...that's a plot hole. That's a nightmare. That's what makes an amazing film crap.

But that's not even the case in Prometheus. They actually tell you why **** happens.

Once again, for the millionth god damn time...I haven't made anything up. Not one thing. You simply have to watch the movie and have an IQ above 0. If I said the sky was blue, you'd throw a fit and claim that it's just "my theory". That I'm "making it up". For Christ's sake.

It's just all right there.

How does David open the doors? He spent two years deconstructing ancient languages and he's a ****ing robot. That's how. I'm not telling you this, he is. Listen to his dialogue in the movie.

Why was Charlie disappointed with their discoveries? Because, AS HE ACTUALLY SAYS IN THE FILM, he was expecting to meet and talk to them. And he didn't get to. He thinks they've been dead for thousands of years and he's missed the biggest, most important opportunity of his life. Not a theory I'm making up.

Do you understand how those aren't plot holes? He TELLS YOU why he's disappointed. That's not something I, Lar'ja Thwei am making up. It's what the actual character says in the film. What Ridley Scott put in the film.

The Trilobite pretty much screams facehugger and the ending is completely Alien related with the Deacon.

No I mean the original script had thee facehuggers, eggs, chestbursters, etc. from Alien. The original medpod scene was supposed to feature a chestburster.

So basically, it's never explained how much the Queen weighs or how Ripley could withstand that. According to your logic...that's a plot hole.

Ok.. and? :lol:lol:lol

No I mean the original script had thee facehuggers, eggs, chestbursters, etc. from Alien. The original medpod scene was supposed to feature a chestburster.

Didn't know that. Is that what Ridley wanted then? Or was that just a starting point before they changed it completely? The making of documentary suggests that there was a point when they wanted to go for something different and create another universe (within the same Alien universe).

Yeah, that is what happened.

Ridley wanted to do something different. I give him credit for that. I'm happy with the film. But I wish it was tighter.

Back