Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the alternative. I know that there was nothing alive in there, but still, to put your life into searching for these engineers and then coming to that conclusion so fast. Don't get me wrong, I would be drinking and pissed off just like him, but I don't know, he seemed like he didn't care about Shaw's feelings and the fact that this expedition just began. There is a whole complex out there to explore, to even be there is a reward.

Yeah, he was pissed and did come to conclusions too fast. But I don't think they were his final conclusions, I think he was just pissed for the moment and then he was drinking as well. They did later go back and continue the expedition, which didn't end very well for him. Who knows what he would think and what his conclusions would be if he didn't die so soon. :dunno

Who knows what he would think and what his conclusions would be if he didn't die so soon. :dunno

:dunno We'll never know. Unless he was actually an android and the real one is on the lifeboat to awake in Prometheus 2. :lol

Damn you David, yet you are awesome, so I am so conflicted! :panic:

Yeah, the alternative. I know that there was nothing alive in there, but still, to put your life into searching for these engineers and then coming to that conclusion so fast. Don't get me wrong, I would be drinking and pissed off just like him, but I don't know, he seemed like he didn't care about Shaw's feelings and the fact that this expedition just began. There is a whole complex out there to explore, to even be there is a reward.
How so? When you're incredibly disappointed with something does your wife/girlfriend expect you to cater to her every need? He didn't stop caring about her, his mind was just occupied and he was depressed. Yet he still apologized to and comforted her after his slip of tongue. Other than the way he treated David he seemed like a nice guy TBH.

959b65b0_15fc7_ORIG-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

How so? When you're incredibly disappointed with something does your wife/girlfriend expect you to cater to her every need? He didn't stop caring about her, his mind was just occupied and he was depressed. Yet he still apologized to and comforted her after his slip of tongue. Other than the way he treated David he seemed like a nice guy TBH.

I guess I just wanted him to be more... excited to actually be there and possibly see things and find things that would change everything, whether or not engineers were still alive. And you are right, we won't know how he would actually have progressed as he did go out again and try to actually do his job but got sick.

He still managed to convince Weyland to fund a trillion dollar trip into outer space.:wink1:

Did you watch all the extras from the Play.com exclusive Steelbook? There was a bonus feature in there with notes from Weyland saying something like they already knew something was out there in that solar system, they got a signal from both of the planets LV-426 and LV-223. Something like that, and they would have gone anyway but they just wanted Eli and Charlie on board because they were true believers. Did you watch it? Going to have check it again to see what it stood exactly.

He's seeing the dead engineer bodies as dinosaur bones. None are left. They were too late. Everything he wanted to know about life, death, the creation of man...speaking to his gods. There was no chance of it now.

How could he have possibly been optimistic and said "Oh, well, despite the fact that these engineers are laying here dead and have been for the past two-thousand years, we've sent tons of radio signals and messages to the planet and have received no response, and it looks as if there was some sort of outbreak and they were all wiped out based on the hologram....I'm sure there's still more out there! Yay! I'm so happy! I love life!" :monkey1

And I don't remember him "whining" at all. He expressed his disappointment to Shaw in their room, but that's about it.
He didn't seem "condescending" to me either. He was a ****** to David because he viewed him as a skin-wrapped sack of metal.
He was very eager and could be wreckless at times, though.

Either way, I thought LMG did a magnificent job.

I see why you like Charlie the best now. You are just like him. :lol

Much like Charlie, it is an all or nothing proposition for you.

I agree that the actor did a good job, but the character was a dumb@ss in my book.

I agree that the actor did a good job, but the character was a dumb@ss in my book.
What you quoted in bold was just an exaggeration. It seems like most of you wanted him to be ecstatic when in reality, any one of you would have been disappointed were you in his position. He might have overreacted a bit, and he had been drinking, but he had every right to be disappointed. That shouldn't make him a bad person.

Yeah, skeletal remains, artifacts and temples are fun and all..but I think he thought this was going to be it. What his whole career, his whole life, all life has been building to. He was going to meet his creators. Let him be a little frustrated that the chances of that happening had drastically decreased.

Did you watch all the extras from the Play.com exclusive Steelbook? There was a bonus feature in there with notes from Weyland saying something like they already knew something was out there in that solar system, they got a signal from both of the planets LV-426 and LV-223. Something like that, and they would have gone anyway but they just wanted Eli and Charlie on board because they were true believers. Did you watch it? Going to have check it again to see what it stood exactly.

Must have missed that one. I guess Weyland was going to go regardless anyway.

I love how you need access to all this extra **** in order to get the full story, which still isn't complete and full of plot holes and blanks the audience is supposed to fill in with their creativity since that hack Lindelof obviously has none as a writer. ****ing garbage ass movie. :lol

Devil trolling the Prometheus thread. That's never happened before.

Anyway, I'd like to see Ridley Scott make a Weyland Industries terraforming and robotics design documentary. :lol

I'd love to see more of the background in the P. Weyland hologram. In the commentary Ridley said it was supposed to be Mars I think.

I think that was the point. The movie didn't really want you to like him, but understand him. You did get a sense of how their relationship worked. But he wasn't the sharpest tool on the ship. :D

I kinda liked him being a prissy *****. It made him interesting. At least after I saw the deleted scenes. He became a better character for me.

I love how you need access to all this extra **** in order to get the full story, which still isn't complete and full of plot holes and blanks the audience is supposed to fill in with their creativity since that hack Lindelof obviously has none as a writer. ****ing garbage ass movie. :lol

The full story is not there because it wasn't intended to be there. And the extras don't give that full story anyways. The story is obviously going to be fleshed out in the future. Imagine if all you read was the first Harry Potter book (I've actually never read them) which I assume had a bunch of 'unanswered' questions.

I just watched this movie....and I don't want to read through the 714 pages.....but what the ****** was that about.

Who was the blue dude at the very begining who apparently commited suicide as his ship left? What purpose did this serve?

Is the lone survivor supposed to be a young "ripley"?

what was that black ooze crap coming out of everywhere

is it suggested....that the "alien" species was basically manufactured by these giant "pre-humans"?

Back