Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Charlie was my favorite character. :lol

Other than killing him to protect her ship, I didn't think she greatly resembled Ripley. I thought she was a selfish, cowardly ***** and Charlize's acting killed it for me.

I know most people say Fassbender had the greatest acting but I honestly thought Logan Marshall Green's was superior. I believed every bit of his character, there was never one moment that I doubted him during the film. Everyone seems to hate him for some reason though.

Not saying that Fassbender wasn't great or anything, and I'm sure it took more effort to play his type of character..I just thought LMG absolutely nailed it, and then more. I guess I'm the only one. :lol

Acting quality I'd rate the main characters as such:

1. LMG
2. Fassbender
3. Noomi
4. Idris Elba
5. Charlize

Although I think just about every one of the background characters did better than Charlize as well.

Charlie! I hated him so much I couldn't be bothered to remember his name. :lol

Biggest problem I had with his character was how easily and completely he gave up once he thought all the Engineers were dead. His main motivation was to be able to speak to the Engineers in the hopes he would get answers to his questions. They go into one of the four "bases" that are built in a row on the planets surface (because God don't build in straight lines). They only get to search a chamber or two before the storm approaches. They find some dead Engineers and Charlie gets all sulky and drunk afterwards and says it was all for nothing because the Engineers are all dead and now he can't get the answers to his questions. Really? He has spent the better part of his life researching the cave paintings and the "invitation". He spends two years in hyper-sleep to get to the planet. Spends a limited amount of time preforming a partial search of one of the structures and basically declares, "Game over". What about searching the rest of the structure first before giving up? Better yet, how about searching all of the structures completely before giving up? Guess what numbnuts... there was an Engineer alive in another part of the structure that you had only started to search. Dumb@ss!

The deleted scenes don't make him anymore sympathetic either. :lecture:lol

Yeah, I easily bought that when that thing started coming down that a combination of "fight or flight" and all the ship debris crashing down on either side caused both ladies to initially panic and just run in the opposite direction.

Shaw just had the luxury of falling and getting her bearings with enough time to tuck and roll before the ship crushed her.

Not to mention the many 6-7 foot rock structures all around them.

I don't recall much debris coming down as they were running. The alien ship crashes to the planet's surface, balances on it's side for a few seconds and then begins rolling. This is when Vickers and Shaw start running. The majority of the debris from the crash had already fallen by that point, so I don't recall them having to dodge falling debris while running. I'll have to watch again to confirm though.

He's a good actor(though he ****ed up Thor for me personally) but,why do they always do the "white woman on black guy" **** in sooo many movies these days, how about "white woman on Filipino guy" or "white woman on persian guy"..or "white guy on black woman"..they just roll with whats trending i guess.

Hmm, I guess I wasn't aware of an "Asian man/white woman offscreen love scene" affirmative action movement until now. ;)

In trying to make sense of your claim I just can't remember any other movies in recent memory with a black guy/white girl. Care to enlighten me? Not saying there aren't any I just can't recall them.

I don't recall much debris coming down as they were running. The alien ship crashes to the planet's surface, balances on it's side for a few seconds and then begins rolling. This is when Vickers and Shaw start running. The majority of the debris from the crash had already fallen by that point, so I don't recall them having to dodge falling debris while running. I'll have to watch again to confirm though.

Yep, watch it again! :lecture

Lots of little meteorites are crashing down on either side of them as they run. :)

Biggest problem I had with his character was how easily and completely he gave up once he thought all the Engineers were dead. His main motivation was to be able to speak to the Engineers in the hopes he would get answers to his questions. They go into one of the four "bases" that are built in a row on the planets surface (because God don't build in straight lines). They only get to search a chamber or two before the storm approaches. They find some dead Engineers and Charlie gets all sulky and drunk afterwards and says it was all for nothing because the Engineers are all dead and now he can't get the answers to his questions. Really? He has spent the better part of his life researching the cave paintings and the "invitation". He spends two years in hyper-sleep to get to the planet. Spends a limited amount of time preforming a partial search of one of the structures and basically declares, "Game over". What about searching the rest of the structure first before giving up? Better yet, how about searching all of the structures completely before giving up? Guess what numbnuts... there was an Engineer alive in another part of the structure that you had only started to search. Dumb@ss!

You've gotta keep in mind that these engineers have been dead for two-thousand years. If my only goal at this point was to meet and talk to one, AND I was expecting to..I'd be utterly disappointed and depressed. Sure, there could be some in the other pyramids...but why would they have left their buddies' bodies laying there for two-thousand years? Everything pointed to them being pretty much extinct. It's just blind luck that one of them was still alive.

And yeah there was a decent amount of debris falling. You don't really notice much because it all just happened to fall mostly on the sides. :lol

The only part of the crash scene I found to be a little out-there was how quickly Shaw rolled to the side and avoided the ship.

Oh and of course Vickers chose Janek. Black guys are known to have huge personalities. :lol

Mine:

Alien/Aliens
Prometheus
AvP:R (because of Wolf)
Alien 3
AVP

A:R
FACEPALM_Dean_Winchester.gif

Holloway (Charlie) was easily the least likeable and worst written character of the lot...
I just hated how smug and condescending he was (less likeable) and how his character just gives up because the Engineers on that particular structure of that particular planet were dead (worst written).
The script really has serious issues on all levels.
And I enjoy the movie...

You've gotta keep in mind that these engineers have been dead for two-thousand years. If my only goal at this point was to meet and talk to one, AND I was expecting to..I'd be utterly disappointed and depressed. Sure, there could be some in the other pyramids...but why would they have left their buddies' bodies laying there for two-thousand years? Everything pointed to them being pretty much extinct. It's just blind luck that one of them was still alive.

And yeah there was a decent amount of debris falling. You don't really notice much because it all just happened to fall mostly on the sides. :lol

The only part of the crash scene I found to be a little out-there was how quickly Shaw rolled to the side and avoided the ship.

Oh and of course Vickers chose Janek. Black guys are known to have huge personalities. :lol

How big was that planet? I'd say at least as big as Earth. They only touched down on one part of it. Searched part of one structure and Charlie had already given up. Ok, maybe there were no Engineers alive on this planet (which we know wasn't true), but maybe they could find some info that indicated where they went (which David did find). Nope. Not in Charlie's mind. It was absolutely over in his mind. Being a researcher/archeologist, he had to know that you need to be patient and methodical and search an area completely before reaching a definitive conclusion.

It is like landing on Earth, in Antarctica, finding an abandoned base and declaring no life on this planet. :lol

Holloway (Charlie) was easily the least likeable and worst written character of the lot...
I just hated how smug and condescending he was (less likeable) and how his character just gives up because the Engineers on that particular structure of that particular planet were dead (worst written).
The script really has serious issues on all levels.
And I enjoy the movie...

:exactly::hi5:

I like Prometheus despite Charlie. :lol

Charlie was an idiot. He whined and came to his conclusions so fast. I wish that the deleted fight scene was still in there so we could dislike his methods even more.

Charlie was an idiot. He whined and came to his conclusions so fast. I wish that the deleted fight scene was still in there so we could dislike his methods even more.

They found nothing alive and the place seemed abandoned for a long time. And you do mean the alternative scene when Shaw and Charlie argue? Yeah, I'm glad they went with the version they put in the movie instead.

Yeah, the alternative. I know that there was nothing alive in there, but still, to put your life into searching for these engineers and then coming to that conclusion so fast. Don't get me wrong, I would be drinking and pissed off just like him, but I don't know, he seemed like he didn't care about Shaw's feelings and the fact that this expedition just began. There is a whole complex out there to explore, to even be there is a reward.

He's seeing the dead engineer bodies as dinosaur bones. None are left. They were too late. Everything he wanted to know about life, death, the creation of man...speaking to his gods. There was no chance of it now.

How could he have possibly been optimistic and said "Oh, well, despite the fact that these engineers are laying here dead and have been for the past two-thousand years, we've sent tons of radio signals and messages to the planet and have received no response, and it looks as if there was some sort of outbreak and they were all wiped out based on the hologram....I'm sure there's still more out there! Yay! I'm so happy! I love life!" :monkey1

And I don't remember him "whining" at all. He expressed his disappointment to Shaw in their room, but that's about it.
He didn't seem "condescending" to me either. He was a ****** to David because he viewed him as a skin-wrapped sack of metal.
He was very eager and could be wreckless at times, though.

Either way, I thought LMG did a magnificent job.

Back