Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really get it though. I'm sure theres plenty of threads that I've posted in saying sorry, this did nothign for me or I thought this was dumb, but for people to repeatedly post in something day after day, week after week, month after month re-hashing the same crap about how much they hate something (yet devote alot of their time to it) it no longer adds to the conbversation and is just blatant trolling whether that was its original intent or not. Sadly, we do have a few people on the boards with so little life that they actually pull crap like this. :monkey2
As opinionated as I can be, I don't waste time or reside in threads about something which has no interest or I dislike.

I don't really get it though. I'm sure theres plenty of threads that I've posted in saying sorry, this did nothign for me or I thought this was dumb, but for people to repeatedly post in something day after day, week after week, month after month re-hashing the same crap about how much they hate something (yet devote alot of their time to it) it no longer adds to the conbversation and is just blatant trolling whether that was its original intent or not. Sadly, we do have a few people on the boards with so little life that they actually pull crap like this. :monkey2
As opinionated as I can be, I don't waste time or reside in threads about something which has no interest or I dislike.

It's always the same few douches, so maybe if people stop replying to them, they'll go away.

@Devil

Not once did I say a woman in real life would be able to do what Shaw did after a c-section, just that Ridley at least showed that she's suffering. And not just for a few scenes. You see people go through all kinds of horrible stuff in sci-fi movies and then act completely fine. Or close to it.

I'm sure I could go find something similar to this in Avengers or TDK. Off the top of my head... Tony Stark being thrown through a solid glass window and falling hundreds of feet without his suit. Or Batman jumping off a building, falling hundreds of feet and then CRASHING into the top of a ****ing car with no damage. "oh, well, he had special bat boots" :lol :rotfl :lol

Not to mention It's the year 2093. They have Androids, starships, cryotubes, terraforming, etc...So surely the medication Shaw injected herself with is a slight bit more advanced than modern day medicine.

I'm sure I could go find something similar to this in Avengers or TDK. Off the top of my head... Tony Stark being thrown through a solid glass window and falling hundreds of feet without his suit. Or Batman jumping off a building, falling hundreds of feet and then CRASHING into the top of a ****ing car with no damage. "oh, well, he had special bat boots" :lol :rotfl :lol

Batman & The Avengers are special exceptions on this forum. You speak bad about either of them on here and you're shot down instantly.

P.S. Still love The Avengers though.:D

It's funny how many disliked this movie because of lack of payoff and its vagueness. Re-watched the 1979 "Alien" the other day and it was vague as to a lot of stuff. Let the audience figure out things as I never got the impression a sequel was actually planned at that time.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed Prometheus, but there are things that just don't work for me. That doesn't make me hate the movie, I can see flaws and discuss them without hating the movie...

As far as dumb characters/decisions or plot-holes in other movies, sure, most have them, it's a matter of how well written/directed/edited the whole thing is so that you'll gloss over them.
That's the case for most people with Alien or Aliens (just to stay in the same universe). I find that Prometheus didn't succeed that well in that regard. And again, I've no problem with the story of the mystery or the unanswered questions, it's just the little dumb mistakes that bug me a bit.
But it makes for good conversation. :D

For example, one of my pet-peeves with Aliens is: how is it possible that WY goes to such a remote planetoid to terraform it, and yet they fail to make a thorough surveillance of it? It just doesn't make sense to me. Any surveillance equipment would've picked up the derelict craft from orbit. That little detail still pisses me off, doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching Aliens.

As for Dallas' decision, I don't see how that is such a bad call... After all, he's going in armed against what seems to be just an animal. Risky, yes, but not suicidal. Also, they have to do something about it, as it stands to logic that they can't just wait around for it to either grown more or do some damage to the ship.

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed Prometheus, but there are things that just don't work for me. That doesn't make me hate the movie, I can see flaws and discuss them without hating the movie...

As far as dumb characters/decisions or plot-holes in other movies, sure, most have them, it's a matter of how well written/directed/edited the whole thing is so that you'll gloss over them.
That's the case for most people with Alien or Aliens (just to stay in the same universe). I find that Prometheus didn't succeed that well in that regard. And again, I've no problem with the story of the mystery or the unanswered questions, it's just the little dumb mistakes that bug me a bit.
But it makes for good conversation. :D

For example, one of my pet-peeves with Aliens is: how is it possible that WY goes to such a remote planetoid to terraform it, and yet they fail to make a thorough surveillance of it? It just doesn't make sense to me. Any surveillance equipment would've picked up the derelict craft from orbit. That little detail still pisses me off, doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching Aliens.

As for Dallas' decision, I don't see how that is such a bad call... After all, he's going in armed against what seems to be just an animal. Risky, yes, but not suicidal. Also, they have to do something about it, as it stands to logic that they can't just wait around for it to either grown more or do some damage to the ship.

I remember years ago looking through a kid's "Alien" toy projector is the toy aisle of K Mart. The projector portrayed several scenes from the film, one of them being Dallas vs. The Alien. During which, Dallas is seen actually firing the flame thrower at the Alien. The Alien deflects the flame burst with its hands and charges forward before going into another scene. Great shot that was never actually used. :lecture

This thread is a special case, because of the attitudes displayed by some participants.

There's no "polite disagreement" in here, if you so much as say "[x] plot point made no sense whatever" people try to dogpile you. Deep down they know that the plot point made no sense themselves, they just can't admit that this film did not float down from Heaven on a silver cloud - because that would be admitting that they're wrong, and no way is that happening. There's no "here's why I think you are wrong" in return - its just instant ad-hominems and all kinds of personal insults that go on for pages and pages of fun.

[Just wait. There will be ten pages of personal insults just re this one post.] There is something about this film that brings out the vitriol in its fans. And that's why you guys keep getting harrassed; you're making really good targets out of yourselves.

p.s. "trolling" is not disagreement on a message board. Trolling is real-life harrassment that goes on for weeks, months and possibly years. Anyone who cannot handle mere opposing opinions on a message board needs to get offline now, before their lives are forever ruined by people not agreeing with them.... 'because that's what the Internet is: people not agreeing with you.

I am here because Niltusk seems genuinely confused as to why people are not backing down about this film. Its not just about the film, its the attitudes of people like you.

Thank you for proving my point, though :snake

The attitudes of people like me? Were you not the one who trolled this thread for weeks, insulting just about anyone who had anything nice to say about the film (which wasn't many), then randomly accuse me of hating women? :lol

The attitudes of people like me? Were you not the one who trolled this thread for weeks, insulting just about anyone who had anything nice to say about the film (which wasn't many), then randomly accuse me of hating women? :lol

Well, you don't seem to like them much, given your comments about Shaw - but this is your problem not mine. I'd like to see where I used personal insults, though. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Insult the film, sure. Use personal insults against forum-members, no. Not that this would not have been justified, given the amount of vitriol thrown at me, but just sayin'.

Back