Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you don't seem to like them much, given your comments about Shaw - but this is your problem not mine. I'd like to see where I used personal insults, though. I think you have me confused with someone else.

Insult the film, sure. Use personal insults against forum-members, no. Not that this would not have been justified, given the amount of vitriol thrown at me, but just sayin'.

It's like someone said before. You are literally the most unpleasant person on this board.

Why are guys still arguing with people who haven't even seen the movie? :lol

I could describe almost any movie to make it sound stupid to someone who hasn't seen it. It doesn't mean that second person suddenly has a clue as to what they're talking about.

"Don't bother watching Aliens, its a contrived story about how Ellen Ripley goes BACK to the same planet that caused her whole crew to die with a bunch of cocky marines that don't take anything seriously even to the point of leaving a giant space aircraft carrier totally unmanned. This crack squad sets up camp in totally unfortified areas, parks their dropship in another unfortified area and leaves the *door open,* and then there's a bunch of convoluted crap about some corporate guy wanting to kill everyone and "jetision the bodies" when it's never actually spelled out why Ripley would ever make that very specific assumption. Nevertheless everyone just goes along with her unsubstantiated "hunch." Oh yeah then there's a big fight at the end where a beaten and battered Ripley climbs a ladder without using her legs against the vacuum of space. LOL!"

"Whoa, thanks for the heads up, sounds pretty stupid, I'm totally equipped to go argue on the internet for three months about this movie now..."

:cool:

:lol:lol:lol

Excellent post. Kinda like what Lar'ja has been arguing. It highlights the doublestandards and nostalgia bias that we can be guilty of when it comes to judging films.

But Alien Resurrection is still $h!t. So are the Star Wars prequels.....and Terminator 3...and Die Hard 4 :monkey1

All right guys a lot of wrong opinions have been posted in this thread but let's not go down the road of calling out who we think the worst board members are....

All right guys a lot of wrong opinions have been posted in this thread but let's not go down the road of calling out who we think the worst board members are....

Damn, I was just going to put "Khev" on the list. :(
Nm, nothing to see here, move along...

funny-gifs-oh-prometheus.gif

Back