Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that this would not have been justified, given the amount of vitriol thrown at me, but just sayin'.

All trolls get the same treatment eventually.

You only come into this thread looking for an argument.

tumblr_lgbilzDkVB1qf8yek.gif

In the film 127 Hours/real life biography Aron Ralston breaks and severs his arm with a blunt knife. The wound is left open and he loses alot of blood, has no anesthetic or painkillers, no water and he manages to escape by travelling over miles and miles of tough rockface.

Terrible example. :lol

I said "an injury that affects movement". Last time I checked injuring your arm doesn't do that. Not to mention he used a tourniquet to prevent blood loss.

The reason people think the whole Shaw/C-Section thing is stupid is because it wasn't a surgery done by a knowledgeable doctor. It was a hack job done by a machine that wasn't even designed FOR women i.e. that thing cut right through her abs. You know, those muscles you kinda need for all the fantastic gymnastic stuff the girl with the dragon tattoo does after the procedure like climbing, running, jumping, etc.

It's a plot hole. Period.

Terrible example. :lol

I said "an injury that affects movement". Last time I checked injuring your arm doesn't do that. Not to mention he used a tourniquet to prevent blood loss.

The reason people think the whole Shaw/C-Section thing is stupid is because it wasn't a surgery done by a knowledgeable doctor. It was a hack job done by a machine that wasn't even designed FOR women i.e. that thing cut right through her abs. You know, those muscles you kinda need for all the fantastic gymnastic stuff the girl with the dragon tattoo does after the procedure like climbing, running, jumping, etc.

It's a plot hole. Period.

Please tell me you've seen this film now Devil...:pray:

Nope. :lol:lol:lol

I'm gonna REALLY try to watch it this weekend. I think it's funny how people keep asking me that.. because my opinion on everything I've previously stated isn't going to change. So even if I like it (which I'm certain I will) it won't magically erase my view on it having plot holes and severe flaws with the writing.

I like Gattaca but that movie has all kinds of flaws.

I can separate the two I guess. I can like something and still be critical/real about it.

You consider what she did to be the equivalent of gymnastics? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Like what? Jumping a few feet? climbing up a sloped wall with several very easily accessible pegs to grip onto?

She hardly even had to climb the last part though, the engines from the juggernaut launched her up a bit.

I don't think theres anything surprising about people who don't like something coming back to post about it.

If its something you're interested in, whether you like it or not, you're going to want to talk about it - like the Hot Toys City Hunter Predator.

Why are guys still arguing with people who haven't even seen the movie? :lol

I could describe almost any movie to make it sound stupid to someone who hasn't seen it. It doesn't mean that second person suddenly has a clue as to what they're talking about.

"Don't bother watching Aliens, its a contrived story about how Ellen Ripley goes BACK to the same planet that caused her whole crew to die with a bunch of cocky marines that don't take anything seriously even to the point of leaving a giant space aircraft carrier totally unmanned. This crack squad sets up camp in totally unfortified areas, parks their dropship in another unfortified area and leaves the *door open,* and then there's a bunch of convoluted crap about some corporate guy wanting to kill everyone and "jetision the bodies" when it's never actually spelled out why Ripley would ever make that very specific assumption. Nevertheless everyone just goes along with her unsubstantiated "hunch." Oh yeah then there's a big fight at the end where a beaten and battered Ripley climbs a ladder without using her legs against the vacuum of space. LOL!"

"Whoa, thanks for the heads up, sounds pretty stupid, I'm totally equipped to go argue on the internet for three months about this movie now..."

:cool:

I don't think theres anything surprising about people who don't like something coming back to post about it.

If its something you're interested in, whether you like it or not, you're going to want to talk about it - like the Hot Toys City Hunter Predator.
The difference here is that Ramatuelle is intentionally starting arguments. That's literally the only reason it comes back here. I take it you haven't seen some of it's early posts in this thread.. :monkey1

Worse than Butters. By a long shot.

"Don't bother watching Aliens, its a contrived story about how Ellen Ripley goes BACK to the same planet that caused her whole crew to die with a bunch of cocky marines that don't take anything seriously even to the point of leaving a giant space aircraft carrier totally unmanned. This crack squad sets up camp in totally unfortified areas, parks their dropship in another unfortified area and leaves the *door open,* and then there's a bunch of convoluted crap about some corporate guy wanting to kill everyone and "jetision the bodies" when it's never actually spelled out why Ripley would ever make that very specific assumption. Nevertheless everyone just goes along with her unsubstantiated "hunch." Oh yeah then there's a big fight at the end where a beaten and battered Ripley climbs a ladder without using her legs against the vacuum of space. LOL!"

Sounds awesome. Gonna watch it now. BRB.

That's literally the only reason it comes back here.

:lol:lol:lol

Why are guys still arguing with people who haven't even seen the movie? :lol

I could describe almost any movie to make it sound stupid to someone who hasn't seen it. It doesn't mean that second person suddenly has a clue as to what they're talking about.

"Whoa, thanks for the heads up, sounds pretty stupid, I'm totally equipped to go argue on the internet for three months about this movie now..."

:cool:

:rotfl I love it.

I give Ramatuelle some leeway as I believe what comes off as ignorance from her is her inability to write/read/comprehend English as well as most posters on here and if you read her posts she obviously doesn't understand what people are saying. :dunno

Back