Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ending was supposed to be that way. It's like a cliffhanger.

A sequel is pretty much inevitable at this point. And he's talked about making it a trilogy and possibly even adding more after that. It's obvious that he had it planned this way from the beginning though, you're not supposed to get the entire story in the first film.

Not sure what interviews you're talking about but in the 4 hour documentary with the collector's edition, I never thought he seemed
"unenthusiastic", or "alcoholic". Looked like he was having a lot of fun. He seemed glad to be back in sci-fi, creating a story with so many possibilities.

Oh and it wasn't supposed to be a prequel to Alien, so that's not a problem. The sequels to Prometheus will supposedly venture even further away from Alien.

Thought it was much better than Bladerunner, also.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. No the interview I saw was only about 10 minutes long so nothing was mentioned about trilogy's so that would be awesome...he was very depressed looking and seriously looked like an alcoholic but hey what do I know.
I guess comparing Blade Runner doesn't work...that was done in the 80's which again this is just my opinion...had more feeling and emotion I mean "Tangerine Dream" did most of the soundtrack for that movie who I absolutely love.
Prometheus was a good movie...again the effects were awesome but it just felt rushed...or like the movie once again could have been much longer but if Ridley Scott is planning on doing a Trilogy with Prometheus where it goes way beyond Alien well then the movie being shorter and ending the way it did may indeed be perfect. Not trying to be a movie critic here I just love movies.:)

I will pick up the collector's edition because I would like to see a better interview with Ridley Scott where he is actually happy to talk about his current projects.

You mean he looked like a G-E-N-I-U-S.

Exactly...not trying to put the guy down obviously the short interview I saw he wasn't having a good day perhaps...and I guess this is why I will never buy movies I think I am going to like off of my Xbox...because I am just now finding out there is a special edition which I will be purchasing soon that has a much longer and better interview with him about his plans and rumored future plans for a possible trilogy for Prometheus.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. No the interview I saw was only about 10 minutes long so nothing was mentioned about trilogy's so that would be awesome...he was very depressed looking and seriously looked like an alcoholic but hey what do I know.
I guess comparing Blade Runner doesn't work...that was done in the 80's which again this is just my opinion...had more feeling and emotion I mean "Tangerine Dream" did most of the soundtrack for that movie who I absolutely love.
Prometheus was a good movie...again the effects were awesome but it just felt rushed...or like the movie once again could have been much longer but if Ridley Scott is planning on doing a Trilogy with Prometheus where it goes way beyond Alien well then the movie being shorter and ending the way it did may indeed be perfect. Not trying to be a movie critic here I just love movies.:)

I will pick up the collector's edition because I would like to see a better interview with Ridley Scott where he is actually happy to talk about his current projects.
I think it felt maybe a bit rushed during the last half of the movie, and I never found a problem with them not learning much about the black goo, where the engineers came from, why they changed their minds about us, etc because I knew he'd be making more films.

If you liked the movie, you'd love the goodies in the collector's edition. Especially the documentary. He's hinted at making a sequel in almost every interview before the movie came out, he even mentions it in the Art of the Film book. And then in the documentary I think he said he was hoping to start on it in the next few months.

So there's definitely more to come.

Probably because he got used to calling androids replicants. :D

He called them replicants in the Alien commentary too,

I was very underwhelmed with Bladerunner. No way in hell do I think Prometheus was better than Alien though. Or Aliens.

Same DNA, but not the same kind of body. We evolved from them.

And since the goo is already a part of us (Oh that goo!) we are affected differently.

Stop right there or you'll confuse him.

My thoughts even though I doubt anyone cares...I know I wouldn't but here goes...awesome effects great beginning overall decent story. Only one major problem...this is not really a prequel to Alien, but more like a prequel to another prequel before Alien.
I am still left with questions. Also...just as the movie is really starting off where what's her name is off to find answers (that seem very important to me) the movie ends.

I saw on IMDB that a "Prometheus 2" is rumored. If so I guess that will be cool but I would have preferred a longer movie rather than 2.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be.

Thanks...I totally agree. I actually downloaded mine from my Xbox from Zune (which I noticed is non-existant now, lol) and purchased the version with the special features. I noticed that Ridley Scott looks like a serious alcoholic and when he is interviewed he looks completely out of it and has zero enthusiasm. I believe he sold out decades ago.
Yes this movie was over hyped and rushed in a big way. Such a shame...this could have been a nice long 3 hour movie and there would have been plenty of action with a perfect story to keep the viewers eyes glued to the screen the whole time.
I think it is time for Ridley Scott to hang it up...I still can't believe this movie is directed by the same guy who did "Blade Runner".
Just hope he doesn't end up with the same tragedy his brother went through.

This is way better than the snoozefest that is Blade Runner.

Maybe when you actually watch the movie you'll notice we have "matching" DNA, not exact clone replica DNA. The strands are shown as being similar in Shaw's Iphone, they're not 100% identical.

Watch the movie again, I've seen the scene in question. The screen says "100% match" when they run the Engineer's DNA. :wave

Stop right there or you'll confuse him.

That's exactly what it's supposed to be.

This is way better than the snoozefest that is Blade Runner.

Blade Runner is a classic I mean come on Rutger Hauer and Daryl Hannah!!:D
God I love that movie just the feeling and atmosphere...even though most if not all of the movie is in a studio,lol.

Okay enough about Blade Runner these 2 movies are much too different to compare not to mention the special effects in Prometheus are way up to date. I just watched Prometheus for the second time and like it even more now. Again I was under the impression (from lack of research before watching this movie) that this would be a direct prequel to Alien but I was wrong. Watching this movie a second time around with a more open mind realizing this is way before Alien I was able to enjoy it much more. I was reading up on the Actor who played the final Engineer I believe was the same actor who actually played all of the Predators in both AVP's and if I am not mistaken the new super pred's as well. I read this on imdb if they are accurate or not who knows. I really dig the look of the engineers. :cool:

^^^^ agree with this.

I can watch Prometheus several times, Avatar not so much.

Agreed. Avatar is simply over rated! :lecture

And for the record, I like Blade Runner for its visual imagery and settings. Not so much for it action... What little there was..

I was reading up on the Actor who played the final Engineer I believe was the same actor who actually played all of the Predators in both AVP's and if I am not mistaken the new super pred's as well.

It was Ian Whyte who played the Engineer and he also played Scar and Wolf in the AVP's. For some reason though he wasn't used in Predators. Brian Steele played Berserker; why they went with a shorter suit actor is beyond me...:slap

That was the biggest problem with that movie. Ian Whyte was great as both Predators.

Indeed. They said they were going to use camera tricks to make the Preds look taller but I didn't see that atall. I saw short arse Preds, especially Classic. Berserker looked ok but was still short. You can't beat a tall guy in a suit towering over an actor. Ian Whyte has to be in the next Predator movie, if one is ever made. He did such a great job playing Scar & Wolf.

He really got Kevin's mannerisms down, and added his own twist. I may have disliked the characters he played, but he did the best he could with what he was given.

He really got Kevin's mannerisms down, and added his own twist. I may have disliked the characters he played, but he did the best he could with what he was given.

Yep, some of his Predator mannerisms were so good. It must be great knowing you've played a Predator on film, just trying to psyche yourself up and getting into character would be sweet.

Back