Official "Ridley Scott's Prometheus" Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:confused:

Space Jockey's have an exact DNA match to humans (according to the movie). So no need to assume anything. If something is toxic to us then it's toxic to them.

tumblr_mb88jmVJrn1rx8lgjo1_400.gif

:lol

The Engineer was slightly messed up looking when he reached the life boat was he not?.

Some dicks rammed his spaceship.

But, maybe the combination of his suit and being strapped into the ship helped him sustain no physical damage and rather he suffered this damage during his travel to the lifeboat, was too pissed to go find another respirator/helmet once his ship crashed.

I thought they could breathe the air, just not for more than two minutes or so.

"Two minutes without a suit, you're dead."

Plus I'm sure the engineers suit could've helped him somehow. It was formed into his body after all.

I thought they could breathe the air, just not for more than two minutes or so.

"Two minutes without a suit, you're dead."

I didn't take that to mean "you operate perfectly for two minutes and then suddenly keel over and die" but rather that you'd be gasping and choking for two minutes as you die (think Jake Sully reaching for his mask at the end of Avatar.)

I figured they could breathe the air, as long as it was in (approximately) a two-minute time frame. After that, their bodies wouldn't have been able to handle it. Of course I imagine they would still be coughing and experiencing other breathing difficulties from the start.

In Avatar I don't think humans could breathe the air at all. It just...wasn't breathable.

If you weren't able to breathe it at all, I don't think Ford would have said "Two minutes without a suit, you're dead".
She's saying that if for some reason you lose your helmet and you're outside, you have a VERY limited amount of time to get back before the toxins (or whatever) in the atmosphere become unbearable.

That's how I see it at least.

Space Jockey's have an exact DNA match to humans (according to the movie). So no need to assume anything. If something is toxic to us then it's toxic to them.

I do remember they said that the DNA of the engineers matched the DNA of humans, but I don't recall them saying it was 100% exactly the same. Because in that case, what is toxic to us would definitely be toxic to them. But for obvious reasons, like appearance, I doubt their DNA was a 100% match. Humans share DNA with other animals, that doesn't mean what is toxic to us, or the other way around, is toxic to the other.

Same DNA, but not the same kind of body. We evolved from them.

And since the goo is already a part of us (Oh that goo!) we are affected differently.

Maybe when you actually watch the movie you'll notice we have "matching" DNA, not exact clone replica DNA. The strands are shown as being similar in Shaw's Iphone, they're not 100% identical.

Even if they didn't show that they were different, by your reasoning, the Engineers would have human lifespans, not live 1,000s of years as Khev said he got from the DVD stuff already and they'd be 6' and hairy. :cuckoo:

My thoughts even though I doubt anyone cares...I know I wouldn't but here goes...awesome effects great beginning overall decent story. Only one major problem...this is not really a prequel to Alien, but more like a prequel to another prequel before Alien.
I am still left with questions. Also...just as the movie is really starting off where what's her name is off to find answers (that seem very important to me) the movie ends.

I saw on IMDB that a "Prometheus 2" is rumored. If so I guess that will be cool but I would have preferred a longer movie rather than 2.

My thoughts even though I doubt anyone cares...I know I wouldn't but here goes...awesome effects great beginning overall decent story. Only one major problem...this is not really a prequel to Alien, but more like a prequel to another prequel before Alien.
I am still left with questions. Also...just as the movie is really starting off where what's her name is off to find answers (that seem very important to me) the movie ends.

I saw on IMDB that a "Prometheus 2" is rumored. If so I guess that will be cool but I would have preferred a longer movie rather than 2.

I care, thanks for sharing. I don't mind them ending on an open note, but I do agree the movie seemed rushed after they got to the alien ship and alot could have been expladed and made into a longer movie.

I care, thanks for sharing. I don't mind them ending on an open note, but I do agree the movie seemed rushed after they got to the alien ship and alot could have been expladed and made into a longer movie.

Thanks...I totally agree. I actually downloaded mine from my Xbox from Zune (which I noticed is non-existant now, lol) and purchased the version with the special features. I noticed that Ridley Scott looks like a serious alcoholic and when he is interviewed he looks completely out of it and has zero enthusiasm. I believe he sold out decades ago.
Yes this movie was over hyped and rushed in a big way. Such a shame...this could have been a nice long 3 hour movie and there would have been plenty of action with a perfect story to keep the viewers eyes glued to the screen the whole time.
I think it is time for Ridley Scott to hang it up...I still can't believe this movie is directed by the same guy who did "Blade Runner".
Just hope he doesn't end up with the same tragedy his brother went through.

The ending was supposed to be that way. It's like a cliffhanger.

A sequel is pretty much inevitable at this point. And he's talked about making it a trilogy and possibly even adding more after that. It's obvious that he had it planned this way from the beginning though, you're not supposed to get the entire story in the first film.

Not sure what interviews you're talking about but in the 4 hour documentary with the collector's edition, I never thought he seemed
"unenthusiastic", or "alcoholic". Looked like he was having a lot of fun. He seemed glad to be back in sci-fi, creating a story with so many possibilities.

Oh and it wasn't supposed to be a prequel to Alien, so that's not a problem. The sequels to Prometheus will supposedly venture even further away from Alien.

Thought it was much better than Bladerunner, also.

Back