Official Salacious B. Crumb Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to be fair, SimFeliz is in Australia, so they're probably trying to avoid spending a lot to have him send it back (or having him destroy the piece). And it should be noted that you can return something Sideshow for any reason.

I think it's pretty clear that the gloss coating that they sprayed on the eyes turned cloudy, which can happen if it's exposed to moisture. Several people actually mentioned that their statues came out of the box wet. They just packed it away in too much of a hurry and it turned cloudy in the box.

i agree, if the problem can get sorted out easily without inflicting more damage it could save a lot of time and money. shipping back and forth could end up costing SS almost the worth of the actual piece so it would be in their best interest to resolve it without shipping. i know first hand that sometimes problems happen and its really nobody's fault...its just the way things go down. luckily SS is THE BEST with return policies.

Then I guess the giant hole punched by UPS was a quick solution to the moisture ventilation problem!

I didn't know some people's were arriving wet. That's terrible! I'd be pissed!

How good are my chances of getting it returned to Sideshow in case mines had the cloudy eye problem? I'm in the US, so I don't want to be stuck with a bad one to "fix" myself.

The waitlist is converting very readily on this piece, so I suppose they must have enough pieces left for replacements.

If you get something from Sideshow, they'll take it back even if you just don't like it, so I don't think you have to worry about it. I would also hope that they're now examining these pieces before sending them about, but who knows?

Is $390 shipped a normal charge for within the continental US? Shipping has gone way up then.

I'm sure that's decent considering Efx wants that just in shipping charges alone international, right?

I think mine total was $349.... maybe it was $375 shipped... I did the flex pay so I can't remember completely.

#41 arrived today. Huge box! I can see now why it cost the $40 to ship.

The only bad thing about this piece is the difficulty of repacking it for moves.

I thought the base was polystone, but it's actually wooden. I found the pillow rather easily, after reading all these posts! :lol

Overall, I can understand why Crumb is not a popular piece.. the character may be an acquired taste - personally, if I can sum up ROTJ, it's him. He stands out. For a statue this large, with an ES of 600, the price is unbeatable, and I see it become highly sought after in the future.

I was totally lukewarm about it when it was announced and had no plans to order it, but I'm glad I did.

Isn't that funny? I've noticed that my favorite pieces in my collection are the ones I wasn't all that excited about at first. The MR Boba Fett helmet, the ROTJ Vader saber, Medicom Maul, etc. are pieces that have grown on me despite ignoring them at first.

Maybe I should apply some reverse psychology on myself next time they announce a piece I don't care about (initially). :gun

Well, if you're really psyched about a piece, the chances are that you'll be disappointed by some aspect of it. But if your expectations aren't sky high, you may get surprised by a piece that you weren't initially interested in. That's my take on it anyway.

I really do like this statue though. My only "complaint" is that he's too deep to put on many shelves without removing the tail. But at least it's possible to remove the tail and arrange it so that it still looks good.

Ok, he's on Second Chance like I'd hoped, not many left, looking for opinons from owners, how worthwhile is this guy to have?

Ok, he's on Second Chance like I'd hoped, not many left, looking for opinons from owners, how worthwhile is this guy to have?

Very much so, as long as you have the space -- you won't regret it.

Space isn't an issue, just trying to figure out with the onslaught from SDCC, where do I want to invest my resources. I can get him at a discount, but I'm wondering should I use it on him or save it for something else.

Oh man, just get it, and think about it later. 25 left and that's IT! This will be the sleeper grail in a few years. Get it now, if you can swing it.

600 ES, $350, is rather generous these days.

I'm so glad I jumped on this when I did. Just an absolutely great piece. Of course I got mine for under $300 shipped so that doesn't hurt either :D

i say get it... i'm thinking about it myself, but don't have the space and with the Wolf bust and Darth Maul bust one the way i'm kind of tapped out on resources too.

Back